TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

DDR

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its cool to watch people who are really good at this game play it, but Im not into playing it myself.

This is more up my alley, they have one tucked away at the Pac Man Cafe on I-Drive (for those of you who know about it).

Now only if they made a 2 bassdrum version...

I play DDR alot. One of my favorite arcade games. =P I usually play on Heavy. I've been playing for 3 years. I guess you can say I'm a Pro.

ASIAN!!!!! Seriously, I admire the skills of my eastern people. I LOVE DDR even though I'm just OK. I can play all Standard and really easy Heavy.

---Brent

I used to really be into DDR, 2 - 4 years ago but kind of lost interest because there hasn't been a new arcade mix in years (2002) and since every arcade seems to have upgraded to Extreme, I got bored of it. I still play a lot of the older mixes at home though like 3rd - 6th Mix.

I've been playing DDR since 1.5 Mix so yeah, I'm an oldschool player ! I still play sometimes, but I play more of ITG (In The Groove) then DDR because DDR has somewhat became really easy for me and ITG is giving me some challenges with 11-12 and 13 difficulty songs .

Trust me, ITG beats DDR in every way possible besides popularity. I've played on a 1.5 mix, a 5th mix, a 7th mix, an Extreme, a Supernova Dedicab, and an ITG2 Dedicab, and I must say that ITG beats the living crap out of all other dancing games.

I love DDR. I normally do heavy on 8-9 footers but then for 10 Footers, Standard. I love Max 300, Ledgend of Max, Sakura, Tsugaru and Max Unlimited. Although, over here in the UK, we call it Dancing Stage, which sounds gay compaired to DDR. And instead of Heavy, we call it Expert, and and instead of Standard, we call it Difficult.

I also have Stepmania, which is alot of fun.

I play, but I suck at it so I only do it when the local arcade is nearly empty (in the morning on weekdays). I have a cheap plastic fold up DDR mat at my house for the PS2 and I seem to do better on it than on the arcade pad. Don't know why.

I'm still on light play (I'm asthmatic).

I love all kind of Dancing games! I tihnk we got like 3 different games in my school, where I sometimes dance when I'm bored. I'm not sure, but I think I'm in the top 5 of the best dancers in my school o.o My favorite songs on any games is Drop the bomb, Healing Vision and Tsugaru.

Ive been playing DDR since 3rd Mix, so Ive been around. After that long gap in between 8th Mix and now Supernova though, I got bored with some of the generic stepcharts in DDR.

I moved on to ITG/ITG2 which I love. DDR is too easy now a days. (Im sure all the DDR fanboys will love me saying that ) I mean if theres a DDR machine, sure Ill play. I just dont feel amazingly challenged anymore on a DDR machine (unless the pads are crap, which they usually always are!)

Oh, and I have a CF pad at home as well, love that thing to death! I barely play arcades now that I have my awesome CF with Stepmania (ITG!)

Ive been playing DDR since 3rd Mix, so Ive been around. After that long gap in between 8th Mix and now Supernova though, I got bored with some of the generic stepcharts in DDR.

I moved on to ITG/ITG2 which I love. DDR is too easy now a days. (Im sure all the DDR fanboys will love me saying that ) I mean if theres a DDR machine, sure Ill play. I just dont feel amazingly challenged anymore on a DDR machine (unless the pads are crap, which they usually always are!)

Oh, and I have a CF pad at home as well, love that thing to death! I barely play arcades now that I have my awesome CF with Stepmania (ITG!)

Heheh, I have about the same setup here, except that my pad is an home made metal pad .

• 3 months later...

Well, I play whatever the arcades have that I frequent. Thats the only thing I've played in any arcade in the past ten years. I've never stepped on a SuperNOVA yet. Haven't seen one anywhere near me yet.

I have, All for PS2: DDR MAX, DDR MAX 2, DDR EXTREME, DDR EXTREME 2, and IN THE GROOVE. And I also have DDR Ultramix for XBOX.

I play mainly all 7-9 footers only always at atleast 2X speed.

My pads that I use are some cheap China produced foam pads found on Ebay for 2 for $20. They were actually as decent as the Red Octane foam pads that you can buy for $80-$100 anywhere. I have since modified one of my Chinese import pads (just like I have in the past with my $100 Red Octane pads) by replacing it's guts by installing a cheap-o Mad Catz $20 flimsy pad. The action on it is sweet and is now extra cushioned because of the Mad Catz pad insertion. I've used that same $20 Mad Catz pad for over two years now and the action on it is still close to perfect and better then the action on the hard pads when these lose a "step" after a few weeks of use.

And I've never Stepmania nor have I seen it. I'll get around to it one of these days.