TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your favorite Flat ride?

^In the US, Afterburners are called "Fireball."

A couple of days ago I got a new favorite flat ride: Chaos. I rode it at Adventuredome in Las Vegas, and immediately fell in love with it! I enjoyed the flipping on this ride more than Zipper. On Zipper, it just flipped too much. On Chaos, I had a great time just spinning it myself. I wish I could go back.

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

My fav flat is a tie between Zipper and Tilt-a-whirl..... It seems Zipper is a rarity these days. I think the last time I rode it was about 4 years ago and I think it was called Chainsaw.

I can't seem to find it, but who manufactures Zipper? Does anyone know of a small park that has this ride permanent?

Chance Rides manufactured it; I don't think it's being produced anymore.

I don't know of any permanent Zipper installations.

Cool thanks for the info! That is very sad... to me... LOL.... The last time I rode it of course it was old and rickety! LOL.... I think Michael Jackson had one at Neverland Ranch!? Hmmmm... I wonder if my partner Bubba would let me get a loan? I'm sure MJ will have to sell it off to pay for his debt.... but since it was MJ's... I'm sure it will cost 100xs as much as he paid for it!

Ooooh... I wonder if anyone could find me a vid of Zipper!? LOL....

My favorites so far are The Zipper & Afterburner. The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo going on now provided Texcoaster and I with, by far, the best Zipper ride either of us have ever had! After spending what seemed like an eternity upside down and going down we got 5 complete spins in a row. They have the zipper setup just feet from a big slide so it appears you are going to swing right into the side of the slide! Don't skip it if you make it out there!

The Afterburner at the HLSR was running a HORRIBLE program when we rode, it swung past horizontal only twice and most of the ride was taken at no more than 40% height. The two afterburners at the local ghetto carnivals around town are running much better programs which get you to past vertical within a few swings and keeping you there for at about 10 swings, then slowing down, stopping, and rotating the other way around before going back to past horizontal peak swings. Awesome ride when they run it like that, very nice negative to positive G transitions. I love how you can just feel the energy build as you are pushed down in your seat knowing you are going to get that 'perfect swing' and boost of air as the ride rotates you just perfectly to peak at the highest point of the ride.

-GG

My favorite flats are Zippers, Skyhawk @ Cedar Point, Maxair @ Cedar Point, Hammerhead @ KBF, and Tapico Tumbler @ KBF. (Stupid Knotts, Those rides were great. R.I.P Hammerhead & Tapico Tumbler.)