TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your favorite Flat ride?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frisbee's (especially on the fairs because of their insane programs), Intamin freefalls and Gaint Top Spins like Talocan in Phantasialand. Awesomely kicking rides!

It's not a giant topspin actually, there are none in the world atm. It's a suspended one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Zipper!

Also, not sure if they technically still count as a "flats" or whether they should be considered "darks" due to their unconventional add-ons, but the now defunct Dante's Inferno, Abominable Snowman, and Dungeon at Miracle Strip in Panama City Beach, FL. These were a Chance Trabant, a Scrambler, and a Tilt a Whirl built inside domes, which included music and a light show during the ride. The Snowman in particular was the best Scrambler ever: the inside of the dome had MIRRORS, and half way through the ride a strobe light would kick in. Great take on an otherwise very standard ride. The Dante/Trabant was also very disorienting. At the moment it changed directions, and at the moment it first rose into the air, the lights would go out.

Well, I understand that I praised intamin towers before, but I also have to say that the S&S shoot up towers (Space/Double shots). Can provide a great pop of ejector air, and give a nice balance of fun/intensity. Launch is also great to. Also, the lower cost of the ride itself allows the park to do some other great stuff, such as build it indoors (very intense felling with the ejector air so close to the roof), as well. The low cost also gives me something to look forward to at smaller parks.

• 11 months later...

Enterprise was my fave as a kid. Over and over and over. Loved the Bayern Kurve too, but I don't know of any around here other than Kennywood.

After doing some things this year, I have to say Flying Scooters @ SFA were awesome, Z:DOD @ SFGAdv & Dominator @ Dorney for drop towers. I'm slowly getting over my hatred of anything that spins, which didn't start until adulthood.

That said, Apollo @ Dorney was one of the best rides I had on anything all year, coasters included. Total surprise, I want to go back just for that ride!

Definitely Zippers. They continually throw you in and out of your seat in the greatest way possible. It's too bad they can usually only be found at local fairs. If you're strictly talking favorite amusement park flats, probably S&S Screamin' Swings. They have a great mix of airtime and positive G's.

Mine is definitely Knight's Tournament at Legoland California, which is a KUKA "Robocoaster" (huh, so Six Flags wasn't first in that fad). It's a capacity nightmare, but I love it regardless. 5 levels to choose from, and the top level on this thing is insane.

120496281_0cc8378b03.jpg