TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your favorite Flat ride?

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Evolution, a fair ride. It's actually the same thing as Excalibur at SFStL, just without the nice theming and look. I literally poo-poo my pants when I rode it at the OC Fair in SoCal when the OSTR's couldn't handle and fell into the metal sheet in front of everyone.

Wait, WHAT happened? I rode that ride at the OC fair too. Pretty trippy and disorienting.

Evolution, a fair ride. It's actually the same thing as Excalibur at SFStL, just without the nice theming and look. I literally poo-poo my pants when I rode it at the OC Fair in SoCal when the OSTR's couldn't handle and fell into the metal sheet in front of everyone.

Wait, WHAT happened? I rode that ride at the OC fair too. Pretty trippy and disorienting.

Yes, during the part where you're just spinning straight upside down our OSTR's basically fell into that big metal sheet... Maybe I'm not describing/remembering it correctly but that's what it seemed like, not that there was anything wrong with the ride; I was thinking that that's what the big metal sheet was for. But who knows. This takes me too...

I should also mention (I mentioned it on another thread somewhere) that on the Tango ride my restraints started un-notching and by the time the ride was over was on the last notch. I spoke with someone from RCS (the company that provides the rides) they said that they inspected the ride and that there was nothing wrong with it; I was back at the fair three days later and Tango was shut down and I witnessed them re-bolting all of the restraints. Apparently this happened to someone else as well.

I've heard some bad stuff about the Chance Chaos, what exactly (if anything) was wrong with them?

I don't know full details, but I know they tended to have stuff fall off of them.

I'd say my favorite types of flats are Giant Frisbees. I could have ridden MaXair for days.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like Screamin' Swings a whole lot more if they weren't so dang short (duration-wise). That aside, my favorite has to be the Huss Giant Frisbees- they tend to give far more "equal" ride experiences than inward-facing claw rides.

As far as old school flats, the flyers at Knoebels easily take the cake, especially if you can master the whip technique. An honorable mention also goes to the Knoebels looper- again, if you can master the technique

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...