TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amazing water slides

Wooo that looks awesome! But at the same time that is a HUGE contraption. Seems like it has A LOT of components that could break way too oftern.

Actually, this won't be as mechanically complex as you'd think; all you would need is just one big motor (or more likely a bunch of smaller motors) and it would revolve just like a ferris wheel.

As for evacuation, the only thing I can think up of would be multiple backup generators supplying power to the motors, which is certainly within the realm of possibility.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guitar Hero water Slide !

VIDEO REMOVED!!!! PLEASE DO *NOT* POST VIDEOS FROM THIS CHANNEL!! THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED ON TPR!

(KingRCT3 EDIT: Woops okay, my bad.)

Do you believe it? A mat which is a controller! And a full-LED tube!

It reminds me of the AquaSmash concept I saw at the EAS, by Van Egdom:

Edited by KingRCT3

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an article about those slides, by Polin : http://blog.polin.com.tr/2011/11/polin-introduces-magic-spheres/

Sadly the images and schemas don't work anymore, but there's a description:

Detailed Description of the Riding Experience

You start the journey with a 4 people raft. Passing through the tunnel part, you experience a big drop into the sphere. The riders drop down with an angle of 32 degrees and they reach a speed of 32 mph/hour. Inside the giant sphere, they follow a fuzzy path. Auditory, visual effects can be added to make it more exciting. Riders oscillate up and down and the raft following another tunnel slide comes to an end in a splash pool or a dry-out.

Oh, and there's another funny slide at the same park as above :

734481_390101041086922_1098550798_n.jpg

• 6 months later...

I just came across this...doesn't this look painful? It has a drop capsule on the top which looks perfectly fine, but that angle of the pull out looks just wrong! It's made by this company called Van Egdom.

xstream.jpg.098f8891e121b2237781c19e95cbb57f.jpg

It's called XStream

I feel like you would have one part of your body at one angle and another part at another angle. I know that's ok at lesser angles but at such an extreme difference in a short amount of slide that just looks painful.

I just came across this...doesn't this look painful? It has a drop capsule on the top which looks perfectly fine, but that angle of the pull out looks just wrong!

It looks taller than it actually is, looks to be only a couple of meters tall. Should be a fun ride, without any discomfort.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

A couple of years ago Proslide talked about merging the Kraken Racer and the Octopus Racer. We all know that Whitewater beat them to it with the slide below, but it now looks like Proslide is ready to make their own version of the OctoKraken!

a.thumb.jpg.bef6320d215e20e4dba6e48ca6aa3236.jpg

Whitewater Whizzard Twist

ab.thumb.png.07951d57665e92c76607ee4d1a664013.png

Proslide's OctoKraken concept

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That sure is an interesting concept. Feels a bit too claustrophobic for my taste though. At first I thought it would need escape chutes everywhere in case the wheel would stop, but looking at it a bit more closely it seems like the only places where the rafts would come to a stop is in the sharp bends.