TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amazing water slides

Voyage to the Center of the Earth at Waterworld near Denver is without a doubt my favorite slide ever. It's completely themed from start to finish, and I'd say the theming is probably better than Knott's's Timber Mountain Log Ride: Link to the ride's web page.

Yeah, Water World's Big 3 are all really fun. Storm is the most thrilling, and Voyage is the most intricate.

PS Try to go on Voyage when most of the lights are turned off; It goes from "Whee..." to "OMFG!!!"

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Royal Flush at Splash Kingdom Waterpark in Canton, Texas, is pretty insane! It's just a toilet bowl slide at first site, but when you realize it's a body slide and there's a 4 foot drop into a whirlpool once you fall out of the bowl! You come flying out of the slide, too!

slide_07.jpg.b3fe5bc8a4d07b7195234c952fe23d93.jpg

This is the only picture I could find :(

Night Slider at Kings Dominion is really great fun, but it hurt my bum for 2 days after I rode it.

It's the steep black slide that just drops.

Mike

Just rode these for the first time several days ago. Nightslider is awesome, but doesn't really stand out from the experiences of other speed slides other than being enclosed the whole time. Now Power Plunge, is an insane one. Longest most powerful body slide I have ever ridden. Almost too intense for re-riding.

Voyage to the Center of the Earth at Waterworld near Denver is without a doubt my favorite slide ever. It's completely themed from start to finish, and I'd say the theming is probably better than Knott's's Timber Mountain Log Ride: Link to the ride's web page.

Lost River is also worth mentioning. The Egyptian theming is just as elaborate and is complete with Indiana Jones theme music!

Lost River is also worth mentioning. The Egyptian theming is just as elaborate and is complete with Indiana Jones theme music!

Ah, I didn't get to ride that one! At around 3:45, a huge thunderstorm rolled in and closed the park for the rest of the day. However, major props to Waterworld! They didn't close their attractions down until it was ACTUALLY unsafe to operate them (lightning did pass right over the park), and when they made the announcement that they were closing the park for the rest of the day, they gave everyone who wanted free half day tickets! Their customer service was awesome (plus, I loved how you could leave your stuff almost anywhere and not get it stolen).

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe the people in this thread can answer a question I've long wondered.

What is the world's longest water slide?

I can't seem to find a page giving a definitive answer. A google search seems to be turing up a variety of answers such as this slide in Austria at 662ft (202m) but I'm not sure that is right. So far the only consensus I can find is that Holiday World's Wildebeest is the world's Longest Water Coaster at 1,710ft (521m) and the world's tallest slide is Insano, a 134ft (41m) high slide in Brazil.

• 10 months later...

^That is a crazy slide!

Splashtacular (An American water slide company btw) made this water slide in Alabama:

Two capsules are at the top and release both riders at the same time so they spin in the bowl at the same time but on opposite ends of the bowl.

Here in Northern California we have a water park called "Waterworks Park" and it has a total of 8 slides. One of them is a "raging river" style slide where you ride on a raft. This continues to be probably the most insane raging river ride I have ever experienced. I'm not sure I can embed the video I have of it (it's on the waterpark's website).

http://www.waterworkspark.com/river.cfm

Waterworks also has a tower with 3 body slides that feature something interesting i've never seen before either. They have "boosters" on them that feature a 4 foot by maybe 1 1/2 foot tube that fills with water. Then when it's your turn to go, the op hits a pedal and the water empties out and pushes you along the slide. Has anybody else seen this before on body slides?

The MEGAtube slides aren't amazing at all, in my opinion. You get one, maybe two swings on the inside of the tube and then...nothing. You just meander to the end.

This:

At rapids waterpark in south beach, Florida. Dubbed proslide's first KrakenRacer.

That's Palm Beach....not South Beach. And their enlcosed body slide named Pirate's Plunge (Plunder side) is the most brutal slide I've ever experienced.

Although, that might change soon, since the slide of death at Margaritaville Montego Bay, Jamaica is calling my name in October. Who else is with me that day?

Slide at Boulder Beach Water park at Silverwood in Athol, ID. Doesn't look like much, but on the steepest slide you catch some great air going out of the tunnel.

I've done one of those over at Waterworld Concord. Looks like it's the same model too. Yea, that slide freaked me out. First I'm cruising along the tube and then it feels like everything drops out from under me. I don't think you want to give yourself an extra boost with these though unless you want to go flying out, literally. A few pages back I posted a youtube video of some dude coming out the tube in mid air and catching the slide about half-way down...I wouldn't mind trying that spiraling slide though...looks like it could pack a lot of G's.

They also have this exact model at The Island Water Park in Fresno too, except the two drop slides are green and the tunnel one is a very dark blue (almost black). I found these slides to be very fun and not too rough on my back (the tunnel one was the roughest but not as rough as slides at other places). I like the fact that the long drop one has a covered beginning part so you can't see the drop until you'll already going down ( I didn't get air on it btw).

What the hell?? Why only one person announced Aqualandia (Jesolo, Italy) ??

Most amazing slide?

It's defff SPACEMAKER for me!! (World's tallest waterslide) 42m / 137.79 feet

I also have an onride pic, but i don't find it at the moment ..

Scary Falls is also an awesome ride with huge airtime at the last drop!! And it's totally enclosed @Same Park!

Pic's from the Aqualandia Homepage;)

I personally find Corkscrew at Adventure Island (Tampa) is one of the most intense slides I've done. If anybody remembers peppermint twist at Water Country USA it was the most intense slide i've ridden. (it was where rock 'n' roll island is now)

I also love the blue family raft slide at Aquatica it has great side to side motion. (It has some strange name)

This thread should begin and end with Bombay Blasters. That was one of the most f-ed up slides ever, partially due to the fact that you could only see the entry and exit points, the OMFG dark drop, the speed, and the exit over the pool. Such a fun slide!