TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amazing water slides

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ridden the enclosed black snake summit body slides at Six Flags Hurricaine Harbor? If so, how are they?
Yeah, I've ridden those and I hope to never ride them again. Those slides hurt like a bitch. You can really feel the cracks in the slide and they will beat your back up.

• 11 months later...
Best one yet....http://youtube.com/watch?v=4RppG7y6qec&feature=related

Ummmm. Why is that video flagged?

The waterslides at Weirs Beach Waterslide. One was closed because this girl got whiplash and it had to be reprofiled.

There the really cool 1970's ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Time to bump this thread as we are in water park season again. Another slide to add to the mix (I'm sure these are common) are CGA's pair of mini speed slides that formerly lived at the Manteca waterslides. Despite their 30-foot size, they do pack a punch and they're a great way to break in the fear of the larger speeders.

The curved one caught me by surprise with the force that builds up while the straight shot provides some nice floater air and decent speed.

Speaking of which, not sure if you guys came across this video but when searching Youtube for the classic speed slide fail (guy in speedos rides the rails of the runoff area on his back) I came across this instead, thought I was seeing things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L7_OeZap9M

Guys please don't try to do this!

I'm shocked that his body stayed in line with the slide, and unfortunately, I'm sure some serious rule-breaking was done here to achieve such a launch as I've done this kind of slide before and I had some floater air.

I have to be honest...that doesn't look ANYWHERE NEAR as cool as what we had seen in some of the Europe Parks with their "looping waterslide" installations.

What happened?

Sure, I guess it does a "loop" but it doesn't even come close to being as steep as some of the pictures of the other versions we've seen. It basically just goes "uphill" and turns.

Not sure I'd go out of my way for this...

--Robb

I love waterparks alot, and my "home" waterpark is Water World in Denver. They have a ProSlide Behemoth Bowl, which is incredibly awesome! They have a Half-pipe that is pretty tall, can't remember exactly how high though. And the Screamin' Mimi, which is basically an Alpine coaster with a pool at the bottom. If your lucky you can have your raft skim across the water like a stone

thanks TPR

^^I don't think I'd want to try a water slide that requires a crash helmet.

^Water Country's Rampage is similar to this one--it's the scariest ride there.

Are those crazy air slides open to the General Public? That looks awesome, but painful to land.

I haven`t been their but this ramps are not only used as slides... this is what the homepage said:

"Is is a bird? An aircraft? No, it's … a BMX cyclist!? A snowboarder! A free skier! Adrenaline junkies, who want to develop their jump skills, can try to land a creative stunt into the wet on skis, snowboard or even a bike when shooting down the water ramp. But safety comes first: bikes and boards are well-prepared to avoid injuries to the “pilots" and damage to the “flying objects". Here you can exercise cool moves and creative landings alike. Are you ready for take-off?" (source: http://www.area47.at/en/water/water-ramps/)

So it seems that non proffesionals can use it as a slide (if you aren`t tony hawks)! but i think you have to rent it, for a amount of time or something like this, and that you will supervised by the personal!

Edited by Kooky

Time to bump this thread as we are in water park season again. Another slide to add to the mix (I'm sure these are common) are CGA's pair of mini speed slides that formerly lived at the Manteca waterslides. Despite their 30-foot size, they do pack a punch and they're a great way to break in the fear of the larger speeders.

The curved one caught me by surprise with the force that builds up while the straight shot provides some nice floater air and decent speed."

I agree! I love that pair from Manteca. Especially the Screamin Wombat blue slide. I like screaming down that one. When I was in line this guy screamed s***! when he went down. I didn't get to go on the green one since there was a long line but I have been on the green too. Oh the blue one gives me a wedgie! & I wore out a bathing suit from those 2 slides.

Edited by greatamerica1990sfan

• 2 weeks later...
I have to be honest...that doesn't look ANYWHERE NEAR as cool as what we had seen in some of the Europe Parks with their "looping waterslide" installations.

What happened?

Sure, I guess it does a "loop" but it doesn't even come close to being as steep as some of the pictures of the other versions we've seen. It basically just goes "uphill" and turns.

Not sure I'd go out of my way for this...

--Robb

Which slides are you refering to Robb in both parts of your statement?

I'm just curious to hear how the Aqua Loop stacks up as our installation of 4 slides in about halfway through being built at the moment...