TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amazing water slides

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sandcastle in Blackpool,England has just built some new waterslides, and they are brilliant.One of them is this

http://www.sandcastle-waterworld.co.uk/?OBH=528

This is the Sidewinder attraction, you start at the top of the drop,and go down the fairly steep vertical drop, and then you basiclly rock back and forth and finish at the bottom, Its short, but fun, and its the first slide of its kind in the world

They've also built a Masterblaster which they claim is the longest ever built(Not quite sure if thats really true, but it a lot longer than it looks)

http://www.sandcastle-waterworld.co.uk/masterblaster

The Ride contains 5 uphill sections, small tunnel sections,quite a few twists and turns, and a crazy finale that includes a double dip, basiclly coming off an uphill section,you go down a small drop only to go down a steeper drop straight afterwards creating in a huge splash at the bottom. It sort of shows it in the first picture in that link, obviously not very well, but you get the idea of it

My favorite rides are...

crushngusher.jpg.22b9008d1f4398f527fb2252a696d9af.jpg

Crush n Gusher - Typhoon Lagoon

Water Coaster!

BlizBeach36.jpg.bb9bf9584264ecd3d587287a3fea9937.jpg

Double Downhill Dipper -Blizz Beach

This kids ride sends you down a drop threw a waterfall into another drop then to be splashed

ATTR480_1574.jpg.3dd5c76a464f49dfe58e1dd131ec4ba7.jpg

Slush n Gusher - Blizz Beach

This 110 foot water slide sends you down 3 hills at insane speeds

aaaaaa.jpg.de344b4e9af12c2afabfe7b0f96e471f.jpg

Disco H20 - Wet n Wild FL.

This groovy ride sends you back to the 70's as you enjoy the hypnotic beat of the water

395683756_brainwash.jpg.84a03ce4897f83776db48f325f9dcdcd.jpg

Brain Wash - Wet n Wild FL.

This hypnotic swirling ride sends you down a 53 foot drop into an amazing swirl of water

The Sandcastle in Blackpool,England has just built some new waterslides, and they are brilliant.One of them is this

http://www.sandcastle-waterworld.co.uk/?OBH=528

This is the Sidewinder attraction, you start at the top of the drop,and go down the fairly steep vertical drop, and then you basiclly rock back and forth and finish at the bottom, Its short, but fun, and its the first slide of its kind in the world

They've also built a Masterblaster which they claim is the longest ever built(Not quite sure if thats really true, but it a lot longer than it looks)

http://www.sandcastle-waterworld.co.uk/masterblaster

The Ride contains 5 uphill sections, small tunnel sections,quite a few twists and turns, and a crazy finale that includes a double dip, basiclly coming off an uphill section,you go down a small drop only to go down a steeper drop straight afterwards creating in a huge splash at the bottom. It sort of shows it in the first picture in that link, obviously not very well, but you get the idea of it

It isn't the only one in the world, just happens to be the first indoor one. The Masterblaster is the longest water rollercoaster that's indoor. Noah's Ark has the longest one, forget what it is called.

I think this slide is crazy:

http://www.valcartier.com/page.aspx?GP=166&SID=185&LA=EN

The best part about it is in the winter it actually turns into a slide that you can bring your tube on it and ride it. Amazingly in the dips you get some airtime and the angle of the decent is alot steeper looking then what the pictures show. If your ever in the area in any of the seasons you definitely need to ride this. Here is a picture of it during the winter:

http://www.valcartier.com/page.aspx?GP=223&SID=240&LA=EN

• 2 weeks later...

The Leap of Fatih and Surpent Slides were outstanding.

I did the Atlantis Resort Waterpark a few years back. There were racing body slides (Challenger slides) on one side of the Mayan Temple, and the Leap of Faith on the other. The Surpent Slide Goes inside of the Temple, and then out next to the Leap of Faith. LoF and Surpent slides go through a massive marine tank, with sharks, rays, and more. There were also several other smaller body slides that wound through the lush, jungle landscape. There were several pools, jacuzzis, and a huge lazy river! The entire resort was beyond all comprehension, but the slides were the best part.

Because the Leap of Faith Goes into a pool, instead of a trough, there are no wedgies to be had!

bigslide.jpg.19fd11e56306e16f952f3892a1fe9891.jpg

Leap of Faith, Going down the side of the Temple

untitled.bmp

The Challenger slideds were good, but paled in comparison the the Lof and Surpent slides!

atlserpentslide_400.jpg.30a9928da1fe91c53612b0e000acf124.jpg

The end of the Surpent Slide features a lazy river-like float through the Shark Tank!

BTW, Has anyone ever been on the Liquidator @ wild Rivers?

I have, and let me tell you, it is one FUN slide. You picked up some decent speed going down it. I actually felt some g-force inside the helix of death up top. The drop is really fun. I'm just sad its been closed for years.

Brent "we don't need any more houses!" Shenton

My god! It's so beautiful!! I love the tunnel between the sharks! It must be so relaxing!

It was outrageously beautiful. Atlantis is the largest Water-Based attraction in the World! They just recently opened up the "Power Tower", which contains 4 slides, as well as a surrounding action lazy river that's over a mile long!

The aquariums were OUT OF THIS WORLD. They have the largest stingray in captivity, with a wing span of over 20 ft.!!!! The shark tanks around the LoF and Surpent slides had gourgeous spectation lounges above, around, inside it! They also have an exibit of prehistoric creatures, like ancient rock lobsters, trilobites, and morey eels! And of course, just about every species of tropical marine fish known to man.

There were several natura, fresh-water swiming pools, and multiple beaches on and around the resort. On of them is part of a marina, which comes up to just outside the hotel!

1_997_1.jpg.d21516ff8e291ba4035e7505a07742b3.jpg

And an amazing over view.

atlantis-model.jpg.43c22eb3e4e115f23c845cc9afb42aeb.jpg

A model of the resort

lazyriver.jpg.5ebe85aa8a1437f0f044ae79569412ab.jpg

One of the two lazy rivers

cruise2-42.jpg.e9fee0f2a7092cf80ee38aae1fce975c.jpg

Paradise Island from the Carribean Sea

paradise_island_atlantis1.jpg.be70282b167de652807d3146bc78dac9.jpg

Here's the main towers

http://www.galaxy-erding.de/de/100683/100888/english.html

GALAXY ERDING Germany

For everybody who likes to have fun and action, Europe’s biggest Water Slide Paradise with 16 thrilling rides (three outdoor) is waiting for its conquerors.

The GALAXY is built for young and old sliding fans with its several degrees of difficulties. Whether steeply, flat, winding, straight, rapidly, dynamically, shortly or long – with "GALAXY" the leading slides technical designers of Europe show what is possible. Starting with the longest indoor slide of Europe with about 320 m up to the Space Glider in which one is shot in his tube upwards even in upside routes.

----------------------------------------------------

The Water park is having a party on the 4th Aug from 9pm to 4am, Cost is 15 Euros.

This is from their site and it is in German: Anyone translate please

Slide & Party Night GALAXY ERDING

Sa. 04.08.2007 21:00 - 04:00 Uhr

Der Preis für die ungewöhnlichste Party wird dieses Jahr wohl nach Erding gehen! Ednetz.de feiert in Europas größtem Rutschenparadies GALAXY ERDING sein 3-jähriges Bestehen und das GALAXY bietet die ganze Nacht lang Rutschenspaß pur.

Das lässt sich niemand entgehen: Boys & Girls in sexy Outfits haben die Gelegenheit bei wohligen 31°C Lufttemperatur mit Cocktails und DJ-Sound zu tanzen, lachen, flirten, rutschen und chillen.

Aber dabei soll es nicht belassen werden: Zum Rutschenspass bietet das GALAXY 16 verschiedene Rutschen unter einer sich öffnenden Glaskuppel. Darunter Europas längste Rutsche mit 360 Metern! Oder die Kamikaze Rutsche mit 60 Grad-Gefälle.

72 km/h sind möglich im X-treme-Faser oder 8 Meter freie Flüge im High Fly. Echter Wahnsinn. Coole Getränke gibt es an der RED BULL Bar in unserer Outdoor Area.

Für bombastische Stimmung sorgt der TOP ACT DJ´s@WORK (Time 2 Wonder, no easy way out) und DJ REAL (Resident DJ P1) heizt ein mit House Musik der Oberklasse. Begleitet wird er von DJ Jaime Peralta (Stuttgart).

In der Slide Area wird ENERGY NÃœRNBERG DJ Ralf Podszus die Leute zur Ekstase bringen mit allerbestem Party Sound.

Airbrush Tattoos, Go Go Girls und diverse Künstler runden das ganze Programm ab.

Achtung: Die Tickets werden sicher wieder knapp. Also schnell zuschlagen lohnt sich definitiv! Die ersten 500 Tickets gibt es schon zum Bestellen per FAX oder ONLINE.

THe "family" slide at Caribe waterpark was awesome. It started tame enough so as to fool you into thinking hte whole trip down would be boring and then bam, it almost flips you over 4 times in a row.

I wouldn't be suprised to find a scar where Kyle's tooth met my knee.

• 3 months later...

Alien Abduction looks pretty impressive, incredible theming, efx and storyline, could be the beginning of more immersive waterpark attractions (don't skip past the front page intro, shows the larger images of AA):

http://splashtacularlive.rbcreate.com/

Hopefully they'll sell a few next week at it's IAAPA premier.

OT, but for a good :

Poor people already on the ride must have been thrown off their tubes when the ramps had to be suddendly stopped, ouch!

Interesting picture of the sauna....(Should be rated R)

LOL, only rated R if you're an American, perfectly normal and natural in more relaxed Europe.

Reminded me of another unique waterslide though, the Nude Slide (warning, side boob shot if that offends anyone):

http://hedonism-resorts.com/h3-the-slide.php

I am gonna have to vote with the wilderness lodges tornado slide. If you ride it you will know what i mean. They have a few hundered feet or so before you drop into the main funnel part and you catch some major air and speed from it. More then the normal tornado. As for an over all park, i have been to quite a few but none compare to noah's ark in the dells. Close second to the Disney ones on the themeing side though

^ I'm assuming that you're talking about the Wilderness Resort in the Dells. I really liked their enclosed Tornado because it felt like I was in a huge glass room. The end is what I'd imagine white water rafting would be like with the short drops and twists.

I also really like the speed slide at Wet n' Wild across the street from IOA. They have two really tall slides that are white. For one of them you stand inside a small capsule and the operator/ lifegaurd presses a button which releases the floor and sends you into the slide. The lifegaurd let my little brother press the button when I was riding, because he was scared to ride it. The lifegaurd usually did a three second countdown before pressing the button, but before he got to three my brother pushed the button and I went flying down the slide.