TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The WDW Disney College Program

Update! Not a needless bump, I swear

I actually made it! I survived the first two days of check in and have to survive my 7am Traditions class tomorrow. My place of work, which does happen to be Operations Attractions, is in Liberty Square/Adventureland. As of right now, specifically the Haunted Mansion! :br:b:br:b:br I could not be happier! My apartment is actually in Chatham Square. Though I haven't stepped foot in a Vista Way apartment, I definitely feel I lucked out. It's definitely worth the 83 bucks.

Again, I wanted to thank everyone for all their support, advice, and tips. It definitely helped make all this happen as smooth as possible. I'm gonna continue to use this thread to speak of my adventures here. Maybe not all of them, but as many as I can say.

And all you TPR fans, freaks, and other maniacal things, come visit me at my Mansion. I'll be happy to see ya.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did an internship at Disney in the early 90's. My degree was in Restaurant/Hotel/Institutional Mgmt, and I was placed at "The Leaning Palms" at Typhoon Lagoon. T.L was BRAND NEW at the time, I started work there on the 2nd day that the park was open to the public (tho I did get to preview it on the Innaugural Day.) It was restaurant work, and work is work, but just living down there for the summer was AWESOME (especially getting into all the parks for FREE with my Cast-Member I.D.) You will have a class to attend weekly (complete with projects) usually on your one of your OFF days at your job, but it IS SO WORTH IT. Living at Vista Way was just one day of fun after another (and I am not being sarcastic when I say this). If I can find my batch of photos, I will scan them and post them sometime next week with commentary. If you get accepted, GO!!! The job might just be so-so, but the whole experience is a BLAST.

And all you TPR fans, freaks, and other maniacal things, come visit me at my Mansion. I'll be happy to see ya.

Wooooo! Party at Jack's

I'll probably be staying at Vista when I arrive on Tuesday. So maybe one day we can meet up?!

I'm still down here on the program in Entertainment. So, I can be hiding at any of the parks. Or even give MGM or DAK's parade a watch and you never know who I could be friends with!

I'm as in Chatham Square.

Oh, and I'm planning on full-time Entertainment after this program ends! Woohoo!

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Sorry for the delay in reposting. Work is crazy. Fun, but crazy. I took this advantage of being here, and a day off, to also see a legendary TPR member turned CM, our very own Sören! Had a nice picture taken with him and everything.

Speaking of pictures, I finally got around to taking my picture in costume. It was actually taken in my closet at my apartment. I have a big closet...

154476776_0f4e59e05a.jpg.af231ba28c9e60edb6b1566bdcd7c35e.jpg

Snazzy, huh? ;)

Ok here is my Disney ICP experience so far....

I Live in a tree. ( aka The Disney Treehouse Villas)

Unfortunatly, the tree has no internet access but we have a very small internet place, so all hope is not lost.

I work in the Magic Kingdom, in Frontier Land (Yeeehaaaa) selling the legendry turkey legs and on the odd occassion Hotdogs! lol So if ya see me on my wagon, give me a shout lol.

Yeah, there is loads of Canadian ICPs. I'll try and find out some info for ya!

Im working until Sept 1st n then Im staying till the 10th as my bf is coming over for a holiday, where we will probably live in IOA as he is a HUGE Jurrassic Park fan lol

• 10 months later...

You can delete the old thread.

I am planning on doing the College Program this Spring, and I was wondering if anyone has done it, or is going to do it. I will be doing Bell Services, if anyone else has done that, or has any knowledge of it. Also, does anyone have any tips, etc, for everything. I am looking forward to it, and cant wait.

I arrive Aug 13. I didn't want to do the summer part, because I wanted to see my family since I have already been gone for a long time, and doing the program I wont see them for even longer.

Trust me I know how you feel. My brother is in Iraq and I will like never see him again, because when/if he comes home I will be in Florida. Plus after my Career Start thing, I am still going to live in Florida! Just be glad that you get to spend time with your family before you leave, and think of all the positive things that will come from going to Florida!

~Matthew

So where will you be working? I was thinking of working at a park at first, but I figured that you probably get a lot more hours, since the parks sometimes close really late for the extra magic hours. I wouldn't want to be stuck working and get home at like 2:00 some nights.

So where will you be working? I was thinking of working at a park at first, but I figured that you probably get a lot more hours, since the parks sometimes close really late for the extra magic hours. I wouldn't want to be stuck working and get home at like 2:00 some nights.

Honestly that can happen in most positions. CPs are at the low end of the totem pole, so don't be suprised if you get drafted to work those late late shifts or my "favorite" the late late shift followed by the early early shift.

Acutally I can not wait till I am working till like 2:00am! I do not care if I have to get up again at 4:00am to be there! I know I will enjoy every second of my job!!!

~Matthew

I had many a night like that, especially during the summer. Coming home from EMH (Extra Magic Hours) around 2 in the morning, always a treat. Heh. The latest night was July 3rd. An already late closing followed by an evening EMH meant work didn't end until 4:45am. I didn't actually get home till 6am and went to work the next day at 4:45pm. That definitely wasn't the most fun time in the world.

Honestly that can happen in most positions. CPs are at the low end of the totem pole, so don't be suprised if you get drafted to work those late late shifts or my "favorite" the late late shift followed by the early early shift.

Oh aren't those the best?

Especially when it's exactly 8 hours between shifts so that they don't have to give you double... I had that happen to me once.

And then the bus schedule was fun... I had to get up about two hours before to even make it on time. If I had to be in by seven I had to be up no later than 5:30 (and even that was pushing it).

These are the grips... other than that I loved my time down there. So much so that I'll be back doing the CP again this summer.

But I will be working at a hotel. I honestly cant see to many people wanting to check in at 12:00 at night. Even if for some reason I do have late shifts, I bet there will be maybe one or 2 people an hour even needing anything.

Hotels in the "outside world" generally have 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, and 11pm-7am shifts. I seriously doubt that they would make a CPer work an overnight shift consistantly (maybe occasionally if short staffed, but I even doubt that). But really, they will schedule you whatever they need coverage for.

I always hated working early entry at Body Wars since Epcot early entry was on Fridays, which was the day after cast night at PI. I had to be there at 6:30am, which meant waking up at maybe 4:45 or 5:00am, after a night of everyone being loud preparing to go to PI, then being loud and drunk once they returned.

Fun times. Wouldn't change a minute of it though.

-Julie