TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The WDW Disney College Program

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just applied as well, but for the Disneyland Resort. One question though, did I have to attend a presentation or something? I was able to complete the application, but people have posted Youtube videos about the application and all of them talk about attending a presentation...

In times past, they had a schedule posted on the College Program website, indicating when & where they would be giving the presentations at various schools across the country.

If you had missed the presentation near you, or there wasn't one near you, there was an online version you could watch, and whenever you'd apply, the application would ask where you saw the presentation, whether in person or online...When I applied, the application didn't mention the presentations at all, that I noticed...

But to go back and answer the question of whether you HAVE to attend one...not necessarily I don't think. It basically just introduces the Disney College Program, and explains how things work...if you explore the website thoroughly, and read up on the various components, you'll know just as much as you would have gotten from a presentation.

^I can only imagine what it would be like if there was an Australia Pavilion at Epcot!

I'm just imagining a Vekoma Boomerang, overpriced lamingtons and way too many hung over CP's putting on broad Australian accents.... Sounds like Disney bliss

My phone interview was last night, and the follow-up email after that said I should have a response in the next 2 weeks. To say I'm excited would be an understatement!

I have mine tomorrow afternoon and I'm wicked nervous! I'm praying that I get this! Where did you apply too? Maybe if we both get it well work together! Good luck!!!

My phone interview was last night, and the follow-up email after that said I should have a response in the next 2 weeks. To say I'm excited would be an understatement!

I have mine tomorrow afternoon and I'm wicked nervous! I'm praying that I get this! Where did you apply too? Maybe if we both get it well work together! Good luck!!!

My top three choices were attractions, food & beverage, and concierge, but I didn't really discuss a specific area of the parks...

• 2 weeks later...
I applied for the Fall 2012 program and I have been accepted! I got in for the Fall 2012 Program! My role will be Attractions! I am so excited! I finally get to work for the Mouse! Hope i can see all of you guys soon!

When did you have the phone interview? Mine was on the 24th, but I have yet to receive an update of any kind, despite the promised two-week window...

^This depends more on where you live than how you did on your interview. For the campus reps (and subsequently the college program) they divide the country up into regions. If your region has more applicants than another it could take longer to hear back than say another region where there were fewer applicants. If you haven't heard back in two weeks don't worry, you will soon.

WOW! I just read though (well, skimmed in some places) this whole forum!

Good to read some reviews on WDWCP! Thank you all for your opinions!

I'm an actress, and hoping to be considered for a Cast-Member Look-Alike. In about a month or so, there will be auditions near my location for CM Look Alikes specifically for those willing to be part of the WDWCP. So I plan on attending those!

My phone interview is Monday, so I guess I'll get some more information then!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, with a time window stretching out nearly 3 months, I had gone from "checking my email to see if I heard from Disney" to "checking my email to see if anything isn't junk" so you can imagine that I was a bit shocked, and quite thrilled when I got an email this morning from Disney, with an acceptance! I've been offered a position in quick-service food & beverage, but it didn't specify a park. I imagine it may very well bounce around, but that remains to be seen. The offer is for the Fall Advantage period.

Needless to say, I'm BEYOND thrilled, and can't wait to get out there!!

^Congrats!! That reminds me that Disney is a little cruel when it comes to finding out where you work. On your first day down there you'll find out what park/resort (and what area, they told me future world east). After that, you'll find out where exactly you're working once you have your park/resort specific training day. I'm not 100% sure this is how it works for all roles, but it's how it worked for attractions.

• 1 month later...