TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Calling All TPR Members! You're Invited To Tatsu's Media day

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Are any of you guys 21? At 21 Budget charges $25 extra a day. Meaning for your crazy fly in fly out day, it would only cost $75 for your car rental total. Enterprise is only $50 with the fee for the rental. Ok, gotta stop looking now, have my own trips to plan!

As for the public transportation option. It's a 'bit' easier now, but not much. There's a direct bus from LAX to LA Central Station, then I think it's like 1 transfer via metrolink to Santa Clarita, then there's a bus. I still believe this would take about 3 hours and be quite the adventure (not in a good way either!)

Currently on Expedia (9:45 AM CST), a mid-size car from Thrifty and going from noon Wednesday until late Thursday night (red-eye back to Minneapolis) is $62 including the underage fee. PM me if you want to split the cost of a car.

Paul "If people let me know when they're coming, this may just work" Miller

Just so you all know, I have never been to SFMM...so I'm especially excited. Hopefully a few of you can show me around the park, as I have no idea what to do. I've seen shows on X of course, and Deja-Vu, but I've heard many stories of rides not running, which would annoy me greatly if I lived there. I'm just so happy to get to go to the park for free, even if I don't get on Tatsu!

When is the actuall opening for Tatsu?

My school is taking a band and choir trip out there on May 5&6th. It's a saturday when we go, but we get there about 30-40 minutes before the park opens. I have a season pass also [i doubt that make a difference] but just stating. So would Tatsu be open by then or not?

Thanks for any help.

~Reyes

I am 14 but I have a cousin who is 25. Will he still count as a guardian?

No, unfortunately. You need a "LEGAL GUARDIAN" which is NOT simply "someone over 18." The definition of a "legal guardian" is as follows:

Legal Guardian: A legal guardian is a person who has the legal authority (and the corresponding duty) to care for the personal and property interests of another person, called a ward. Usually, a person has the status of guardian because the ward is incapable of caring for his or her own interests due to infancy, incapacity, or disability. Most countries and states have laws that provide that the parents of a minor child are the legal guardians of that child, and that the parents can designate who shall become the child's legal guardian in the event of their death.

Courts generally have the power to appoint a guardian for an individual in need of special protection. A guardian with responsibility for both the personal well-being and the financial interests of the ward is a general guardian. A person may also be appointed as a special guardian, having limited powers over the interests of the ward.

If your parent is willing to sign a legal document to grant someone to be a special guardian (we had to do this when Quaker went with us to Japan) then that would be acceptable.

But it's a misconception that someone over the age of 18 is automatically a "legal guardian." If you go into the Tatsu media event thinking that a person over 18 or "a friends parents" or a "cousin" would be an acceptable legal guardian, and something happens to do you during the event, you have just become a liability for Magic Mountain and if you were guest of Theme Park Review, well....that would be bad for many parties involved!

--Robb

To the person asking about rides being open -

I was there yesterday, everything was open except Deja Vu, Revolution and Psyclone.

...and there was a nifty sign in front of X saying something about unusally long lines due to maintenence. In other words, one train. And Goliath was also only running one train too...long line.

So anyway, a month from now I would assume that most things worth riding will be open. Does anyone know what's up with Deja Vu?

Long time lurker, first post. Hello everyone.

-Mike

If you go into the Tatsu media event thinking that a person over 18 or "a friends parents" or a "cousin" would be an acceptable legal guardian, and something happens to do you during the event, you have just become a liability for Magic Mountain and if you were guest of Theme Park Review, well....that would be bad for many parties involved!

--Robb

In the right circumstances, that wouldn't be all that bad.

Oh, I just thought I would warn those of you going to the campout that if you fall asleep I am going to take a huge piss on you. And Robb told me that he might drape his sack on you. So dont fall asleep. You have been warned.

Yaaa watersports!