TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Calling All TPR Members! You're Invited To Tatsu's Media day

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like so much fun... it's great that you got this event happening Rob. Really cool. Only thing is, I myself can't really do the all-night thing with my current work production schedule. Do you have any idea of when the 4 promised "exclusive pre-park opening rides on Tatsu" that were outlined with purchase of the Magic Mountain X-treme Pass are going to happen? Getting kind of nervous since I haven't recieved any mailings on this like they promised.

Thanks for all your hard work and have a blast!

I think that's pretty cool of SFMM. I wish I could fly out and join in on the fun.

Same here man, I wish Busch would have done this for ShaKira... But, sounds like it will be a blast! Hope anybody that goes there will have a good, safe time!

I have some updated information:

Q. What is the cost of this event?

A. The event is FREE! Simply RSVP to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with your full name and your TPR forum screen name then show up at SFMM on Wed. April 26th at 5pm and you will be given a wristband at the front of the park that will allow you into the event.

Q. Can I go just to the media day on Thursday?

A. No. You must attend the camp out Wednesday night to attend the media day.

Q. What is the latest I can show up on Wednesday Night?

A. We ask that everyone arrive at the park no later than Midnight.

This sounds like so much fun... it's great that you got this event happening Rob. Really cool. Only thing is, I myself can't really do the all-night thing with my current work production schedule. Do you have any idea of when the 4 promised "exclusive pre-park opening rides on Tatsu" that were outlined with purchase of the Magic Mountain X-treme Pass are going to happen? Getting kind of nervous since I haven't recieved any mailings on this like they promised.

Thanks for all your hard work and have a blast!

I was wondering about this as well. Perhaps if we all contact SFMM public relations they may be accommodating. Also, I wonder if the Tatsu Flight pass I have will work on that first day... Perhaps I'll show up on thursday night and be at least within the first couple hundred to experience the beast. Too bad for a M-F schedule. At least I have thurs afternoons off. I'm still going to try to get out of work and hit the campout if I can. The email said we'll definately get to ride by 10 AM?

I have an Xtreme Pass as well, I think you guys are a bit confused on the wording.

There will be 4 Separete events before the park opens in the morning. Probably an 8am - 10am ERT sort of thing on Tatsu. This will probably take place this Summer or Fall. It is 'pre-park opening' not 'pre-ride opening'. The events could all take place in December for all we know!

Does that clear everything up about that?

As for the Flight Passes, remember it says on them 'once the ride is open to the public'. Monday thru Friday, before June 30. So I'm guessing the first opportunity to use them would be Friday, April 28.

Hope this helps!

Robb and I will be at the event by 5pm at the latest on Wednesday, April 26 to get all of our TPR people checked in!

There will be 4 Separete events before the park opens in the morning. Probably an 8am - 10am ERT sort of thing on Tatsu. This will probably take place this Summer or Fall. It is 'pre-park opening' not 'pre-ride opening'. The events could all take place in December for all we know!

Ah that makes sense. I hope its not Tatsu ERT 2007, what would be

I'll probably go friday night then. Assuming that I have to miss the campout. SFMM PR probably just wanted the news channels to point out that people were there waiting overnight to pique public interest after hearing the sound bite on the evening news on thurs. When they sold Xboxes, people waited outside of Best Buy without being invited

No beer? Count me OUT!

Hopefully you'll be able to find a shower somewhere before the shoot! I'd hate to get stuck in the station or on the ride with some nasty, sweaty, dirty people stinkin' up the ride

In all seriousness, this is an awesome idea!... It's too bad that I live so far away, otherwise I'd totally go!

I've just updated the front page with a new version of the announcement. Some additions are:

- Each TPR member may bring 1 guest. Please provide us with their full name and email address when you RSVP

- Admission to the event and the park is *FREE* All you need to do is show up between 5pm and midnight on Wed. April 26th.

- You may show up as LATE as midnight on Wed.

- You may bring blankets, sleeping bags, snacks, portable electronics provided that you can put them back in the car or in a locker before the media event Thursday morning starts. SFMM cannot be responsible for any personal items lost or damaged during the camp out.

- When you get to the park, please sign in with Robb or Elissa so we can match your name to our RSVP list.

^ Yes that is correct! I guess they figure that asking everyone to camp out overnight at SFMM is worth the price of admission!

Plus it's GREAT PR for the park if we can fill the entrance plaza with a bunch of TPR members wanting to be the first riders on Tatsu!

--Robb

I was really looking foward to this, hell almost even booked my flight before the media day was even 'officially' announced. But of course one little snag..

How come anyone of any age can get a plane ticket but you have to be 25 to rent a car or get a hotel room? There is some sort of crazy conspiracy here, kind of like how hot dogs come in packs of 10 and hot dog buns come in packs of 8.. but I digress. I could always get a taxi from the airport.. but I don't even want to begin to think how much that would cost. Looks like I'll be missing out on this excellent opportunity.

--Jay (Who says "Not all nineteen year olds enjoy wreaking havoc constantly, so whats with the restrictions?")