TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 791: Big Bear Mountain family coaster announced for 2023!

This is a family target coaster and easily was always their intention ... smart. The setting is great, but this will not be a major thril for most enthusiast. Fun, absolutely.

Think Cheetah Hunt; not Maverick.

Lol, what? This ride features a 135ft drop and 4 large inversions, complete with a train that will expose riders to the elements like never before. There's nothing "family" about this ride, it's firmly in the "thrill" category for all but the most hardened enthusiasts. Just wait till it's done, it'll look a whole lot more thrilling when all the track is there and you actually see it in person.

Was at the park today. From the parking lot I noticed that the ride was sticking out in three places. That's right, three. They're done with hill, loop, (not new news), but now they're mostly through with the Zero-G roll. They've got the actual roll done and they just have to finish the down hill part.

Also, from Adventure mountain, you can see track piece laying behind the fence. One piece looks like the side of a loop....or immelman. They're going to have this thing finished by the weekend...

Im not sure that the gap will be as big as we all think. Since both the entry and exit of the Loop will be in the same block the clearance only needs to between outer seat and track and not outer seat to outer seat. Obviously the distance will need to greater thana standard loop but it won't need to be gigantic.

That's was what I was thinking. If the gap was really large, the loop probably would have looked way more distorted in those pics a few pages back. You can tell the gap is bigger that normal, but it doesn't appear to be anything insanely huge.

The drop doesnt look that big.

B&M's always look a little deceptively short in pictures, that huge track guage and spine conspire to fool the eye into thinking ithey're smaller that they really are in person.

And it's not 135 feet over a parking lot either.

This is a family target coaster and easily was always their intention ... smart. The setting is great, but this will not be a major thril for most enthusiast. Fun, absolutely.

Think Cheetah Hunt; not Maverick.

Dude, seriously?

There is NOTHING family over this coaster!

Family thrill = family target.

Most hyper coasters are family thrills (i.e. caters to a larger crowd; non-extreme). TT is more family than extreme. Based on other wing riders, this doesn't have extreme elements. This will be a "that was fun ... let's go again" ride vs. a "holy !#$%" for most enthusiast. The GP will eat it up ... going back to family target.

The setting and trains are great, but I agree with whoever said it won't be a Top 10 for those who rank. Time will tell.

So, being the tallest Wing Rider by B&M right now, having the same number of inversions as some B&M sit down loopers, and being faster makes it less intense?

I wouldn't be so quick to judge this ride as a family thrill. Lets wait and ride the thing before attempting to compare it to other coasters.

So, being the tallest Wing Rider by B&M right now, having the same number of inversions as some B&M sit down loopers, and being faster makes it less intense?

I wouldn't be so quick to judge this ride as a family thrill. Lets wait and ride the thing before attempting to compare it to other coasters.

It is our job as enthusiasts to make wild assumptions based on just a photo!

Yeah, I think we're judging this much too quickly. How do we know these elements wont be OMFG? There's only two of these in the world, both not that tall and not with really big inversions. I have a feeling the zero G roll and the immelmann will be so much different now that there's winged seats. Even the loop! Just wait and see.

I don't like to judge rides before they open, but I didn't think this will be a family coaster. It has a more "traditional" B&M sit down layout,so it could be as intense as some of the old school B&M's, but considering how some of the "newer" B&M's are coming out, you never know.