TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Welcome to the site and nice photos! It is very simple to upload your photons to the site.

Just follow the instruction below.

162497086_Screenshot2011-10-09at8_55_38PM.png.cd44a1992300ddf5ec9bcfb57ce13fa3.png

Click "Browse" and search for the photo you want to add. Click "Add the File" and it will upload the photo to the site. Just follow those steps for each photo and you are done.

Huss has always been horrible to work with for the parks. Since Huss doesn't seem to kep any spare parts stocked, every time a client needs a new part, it has to be built to order.

For example, how many Top Spins seem to close for long periods of time? How long did it take for Huss to re-open one of their giant frisbees when it needed a new motor?

That's added on to the fact that a good majority of their rides seem to have matanence problems to begin with...

^It's understandable that they break down a bit - a lot of their rides have plenty more moving parts than their competitors'. Now, there's also some crazy Mondial and other company rides out there that I don't think break down nearly as much, so maybe that's no excuse. But regardless, you'd think there would be spares ready to go. Oh well, I guess. Good for Dollywood though, and I hope they can get a reliable ride (or a sum of money for a different reliable ride) out of this!

Perfect spot for a highly themed Drop Tower.

Where is the "Like" Button when you need it...

A perfect place to install a RotoDrop, or even a Windseeker type ride- (Yeah, I can hear the bitching now, no more Windseekers.., but it would fit perfectly, and be a great addition to DW!)

A REAL Starflyer would be amazing there, great views of the park and the Smokey Mountains (and scary as hell!).

I would love to see a drop ride or star flyer in that topple tower place. Every time I been to DW I only got to ride it one time becuase the other times it would be broken down. The ride experience was rather boring then I expected it to be.

Yeah, I got a couple of rides on Timber Tower in it's opening year and found the overall experience to be quite dull, even with all of the effects working I wasn't very impressed. I remember the year before Timber Tower opened Dollywood sent out a survey with some potential new attraction ideas, one of which was Timber Tower. I don't remember what the other concepts described were but I do remember the Timber Tower concept was my least favorite. I guess even great hitters strike out from time to time.

My very first ride on Timber Tower was great. It was during the Season Passholder preview day the year it opened and we saw the signs about possibly getting wet, but the first few cycles we didn't see anyone get wet. Well, our turn to ride was up and sure enough TT dipped itself into the fountain below soaking at least half of the riders, myself included. Not a little wet, or misted, it was a complete head-to-toe soak down. Initially I had low expectations about it, but i thought this might be a winner afterall, especially in the summer if every ride was going to be a 'water ride'. But never again did i see it dip into the fountain...so it's unfortunate all this has happened the way it has.

I read the whole lawsuit file and it's just unfortunate on Huss' part that they didn't resolve these issues. When your customer service is garbage, your products are probably garbage too.

Also - Huss related, not Dollywood related at all, but what has happened to Delirium at King's Island? The first season you got Five good swings that swung you up above the axel of the ride, to 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Now, it's like two big swings. You can look videos up on youtube of it's first season and see exactly what i am talking about. I rode about a month ago and it was several small swings and two that were above the axel.

I asked the operator and i got the "it's the same 2:30 cycle it has always been." NO, no, no it is not. It may still be 2:30, but the program has been neutered for whatever reason. The last :30 - :45 of the ride were wasted not swinging, but just slowly spinning around getting reoriented. So, anyway, i think a park steering clear of Huss products is probably a really good idea...which is a shame as some of their rides are really creative.

So, I took tha fam for a little day trip to Dwood yesterday. As usual, Dolly didn't dissapoint. But I won't bore you with those details. I'll cut to tha chase. I gots me some pichaz I knowz ya'll wanna be seein. So BOOYA-KA-SHA! Here tiz!

whatsthatisee.JPG.08cba6fd77ac5e1fc94e469a3c928a9b.JPG

Good evening, welcome to Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. tonight we visit the great Smokie Mountain Range in search of the elusive Wild Eagle. What is that I see peeking out of the mountain from way back in the parking lot. Let's take a closer look. Shall we?

fromthaparkinglot.JPG.4629a42f4f966256a814f8dc0a230cf9.JPG

Joy of joys! Today we are in luck. Oh majestic Wild Eagle. We see you constructing your massive nesting area among the ancient peaks of the Sha-Kon-O-Hey. That's "Land of Blue Smoke." to those who haven't yet embraced the language of our Native Settlers yet.

thewholesite.JPG.1454085d7534d418062a36977d51ee98.JPG

When we last left the mighty bird of prey on Fri, she had created a magnificent perch for her, her mate, and her young Eaglets to patrol the night sky in search of prey.

site2.JPG.c92be2b08648eaea4a0131b913933a28.JPG

But she was to be a busy little beaver this day. And by busy little beaver, I don't mean she turned herself in to a beaver, just that... ...you know... ...it's an expression. Cause a lot of work got done. She's still an Eagle.

WBMJD.JPG.0fb51026e21a7ffdbcaf051ae5969049.JPG

Using tree branches and other natural materials from the area, she constructs her nest using a viscus gooey material that she coughs up from her lungs to bind the raw materials together. I imagine her thinking to herself as she constructs her home, "Who broke my John Deere?"

fromttque.thumb.JPG.ab099a6d232184018148ab1abdb92196.JPG

While Mama Eagle repairs the John Deere and gets to work on the nest, Papa Eagle and the Kiddies get out the JLG lift and continue to construct the sky perch using logs and timber from some recently felled pine.

fromttque2.thumb.JPG.dce69ad480512ebbf98ac4a6aa7ce372.JPG

Ahhhh, success! Papa Eagle has proved himself a master rigger and has placed the timber gently in line. The Eaglets cough and hack up phlem to bind the intricately laid trunks in place.

completedfirstdrop.thumb.JPG.c1c53b9a5426ca37bbf68c60e9c04b3c.JPG

Papa Eagle stands proudly marveling over his sky high perch. The Eagle family now has a vantage point that allows them to search the hilltops for carrion or if need be the case, to swoop down upon unsuspecting enemies as well as prey. They have truly become the apex predator of the region.

sunsetoversmokies.JPG.dc0d7e1d5fb063bb81a9c6c7f2643989.JPG

As the sun sets over the Sha-Kon-O-Hey. We marvel at the great Wild Eagle's new dominant skyline. I'm told, weather providing, the Eagle family hopes to have something called "a loop" constructed by the end of the week. We here at Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom wish this great American Family all the best in that endeavor. Good night and thanks for viewing.

thafam.JPG.8a85403610a92efa85d04accec0e60dc.JPG

Oh yeah. ADVENTURE MOUNTAIN! ADVENTURE MOUNTAIN!