TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

Yup the crowds are to be expected esp after last year, they will die down so the 2 trains is great news!
Sorry it was such a rough time. I never did get why so many struggle w the easiest things of ya know, navigating a station, moving slow etc but then I remember that is the different between (Ugh I hate the term) "GP" and us lol but yeah if the park already seems to be returning to normal...I have little concern the rest will die down. I am still banking on need using time saver when I go and think it'll be ok

To clarify a bit...

As of April 12, 2021, we have adjusted our COVID-19 safety requirements to the following:

Per the CDC’s guidelines on safe outdoor activities, our outdoor areas, where six feet of distance can be maintained between parties, are now mask-optional spaces. Guest masking is required at all ticketing areas, park entry, on rides and trams, in queues, all indoor areas and areas where guests cannot socially distance outdoors.

Guests and employees are still required to participate in a self-assessment health screening prior to entry, but temperature checks are no longer part of the process.

Areas of the property where masks are required will be clearly marked and strictly enforced.

Employees will continue to wear masks at all times while on the property.

Link

---

I feel like walking around a theme park outdoors with a mask on seems unnecessary if you’re not in a crowded area but I get why it’s much easier to put a blanket policy in place than ask the general public to use basic common sense and have the employees try to enforce things that are total judgement calls.

I'm absolutely in favor of this in theory but let's see how it goes in reality where we have to rely on the public to use common sense.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, tndank said:

Masks only required when indoors now. Temp checks now gone, too.

Nice. I have no issue wearing them, and I likely still will at times, BUT when moving and hot its deff not super pleasant. Given I'll be vaxxed by then, it will be nice to enjoy some outdoor face freedom lol Would deff put it on around groups/people. 

Ha yeah Bill we already know exactly what will result from letting people handle it themselves. 

• Like 1

I think we know how reality will go. We saw it Holiday World last night. Very few will wear masks at all except when asked to entering a store. 

That's about all they can do now.  I like the news but that's just my opinion.  To each their own. 

Of course, and its unfair even to pin it on certain states, groups etc most people, regardless of where, will take the liberty provided esp after a year of this...those of us who have taken it seriously and followed protocols (and I mean that I nixed all my park trips and in general didn't leave the city except to go home twice) take the mask off when we can. So yeah can't judge, not moralizing, (except that I hope everyone gets the vaccine, which I know not all are....and that does piss me off) but yeah, whatever I'm neutral on the action, am fully aware how people will respond to it and long as people aren't around I deff won't be wearing it either (and if I am and someone makes some snide remark to me I dont give a **** lol already dealt with it in FL when some people would openly mock/be angry with me for wearing a mask) 

I'm excited to just finally be going to this legendary park, trying to almost downplay it bc I'm scared of overhyping it. Tough to contain though as I'm currently looking up lodging, feels "real" now

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 9:27 PM, ytterbiumanalyst said:

^ Eh, that only really matters very close to the station. Farther out, your wait is much more dependent on the number of people in front of you. There's really no need to ever crowd when you're an hour away.

I was joking.

15 hours ago, JJLehto said:

Of course, and its unfair even to pin it on certain states, groups etc most people, regardless of where, will take the liberty provided esp after a year of this...those of us who have taken it seriously and followed protocols (and I mean that I nixed all my park trips and in general didn't leave the city except to go home twice) take the mask off when we can. So yeah can't judge, not moralizing, (except that I hope everyone gets the vaccine, which I know not all are....and that does piss me off) but yeah, whatever I'm neutral on the action, am fully aware how people will respond to it and long as people aren't around I deff won't be wearing it either (and if I am and someone makes some snide remark to me I dont give a **** lol already dealt with it in FL when some people would openly mock/be angry with me for wearing a mask) 

I'm excited to just finally be going to this legendary park, trying to almost downplay it bc I'm scared of overhyping it. Tough to contain though as I'm currently looking up lodging, feels "real" now

I’ve been *pretty* good for the last year with following guidelines, and now that I’m fully vaxx’d, I’ll 100% take advantage of not having to wear a mask when I’m not required to while walking around Dollywood. I hope other parks loosen up mask requirements while walking around midways (queues and shops I totally understand) but I understand that makes it a million times harder to enforce. 

• Like 2

I probably still would in lines even if that requirement was dropped but for now prob best they keep that rule in place lol 
All in all not too concerned and really trying not to think about it. Been a weird balance between being prepared knowing things may not be quite "right" or go to plan but trying to also stay excited. Like I assume all the crowds Ive been seeing (almost universally) are due to spring break, openings etc and I assume the days I plan to be here will be fine, but ya know its a whacky year.....trying to go w the flow and not sweat it. Esp as here does have the time saver if need be. 

On 4/13/2021 at 12:34 PM, southpuddle said:

I’ve been *pretty* good for the last year with following guidelines, and now that I’m fully vaxx’d, I’ll 100% take advantage of not having to wear a mask when I’m not required to while walking around Dollywood. I hope other parks loosen up mask requirements while walking around midways (queues and shops I totally understand) but I understand that makes it a million times harder to enforce. 

The problem with that is that people will not put them on in the queue lines or inside shops. Once they are off, then they will be off for the entire day, in my opinion.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, tndank said:

Masks only required when indoors now. Temp checks now gone, too.

that's not totally correct.

As of April 12, 2021, we have adjusted our COVID-19 safety requirements to the following:

Per the CDC’s guidelines on safe outdoor activities, our outdoor areas, where six feet of distance can be maintained between parties, are now mask-optional spaces. Guest masking is required at all ticketing areas, park entry, on rides and trams, in queues, all indoor areas and areas where guests cannot socially distance outdoors.

Guests and employees are still required to participate in a self-assessment health screening prior to entry, but temperature checks are no longer part of the process.

Areas of the property where masks are required will be clearly marked and strictly enforced.

Employees will continue to wear masks at all times while on the property.

11 minutes ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

Anyone know if Lightning Rod is on Timesaver this year??? The website isn’t showing that it is. But we all know how “accurate” park websites can be. 🤣🤔

Yep.  Includes LR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tndank said:

Yep.  Includes LR.

Thanks! I was assuming it was just an over look after the 💩 show LR was last seasons but you never know now days lol

Hopefully it's running just fine on our visit later this year... Here's hoping 🍻

6 hours ago, tndank said:

Yep.  Includes LR.

Aw yeahhhhh. 

Also looking at the LR wait times I'm seeing that 1, it seems to be generally running most of the day? 2, the wait times look way down from a bit ago. 
Im guessing its still running 2 trains? Im thinking by May, with spring break well over, lines should be no issue
: D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Aw yeahhhhh. 

Also looking at the LR wait times I'm seeing that 1, it seems to be generally running most of the day? 2, the wait times look way down from a bit ago. 
Im guessing its still running 2 trains? Im thinking by May, with spring break well over, lines should be no issue
: D

My issue is... if it's more than a 15 minute wait... I can't handle it... 😬

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

My issue is... if it's more than a 15 minute wait... I can't handle it... 😬

Ah well...to each their own! I'm not that bad lol 

Awesome @ dankeykang! That's great to hear. This is what I figured/others have said in the past. Figured it was just spring break/pent up demand crowds and 1 train ops....but seems all is returning to the norm. I grow ever more excited to go! 

8 hours ago, dankeykang said:

Yeah it was running two trains today, and by noon it was a walk on for the remainder of the day. Timesaver definitely not needed if you visit during the week. 

Also noteworthy - the Lightning Rod ride ops today were seriously the best I’ve ever experienced for making sure riders weren’t getting stapled. Hopefully it’s the same crew all year.

Well tell them to slow down and chill out before they break it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ok I just secured tickets, reservations, etc for Mon May 17, taking an extended weekend trip for the boy's 18th birthday. We are going to go to SFOG on Saturday and then take the scenic drive through Smoky Mt park to Gatlinburg and hit DW on Monday. IF the stars align and we don't get lost looking for preferred parking in the DW lot,  it may workout to make LR his 250th coaster, which would be a nice birthday present. Let's hope 3rd time is a charm for him in his attempts to get on it. 

• Like 3

Talk of improved 2 train ops and LR running are making me contemplate a visit during the week next week or the week after, especially with cheap hotel rates during the week!

Looks like even if I'm just going to go for 2 days the season pass would be the best deal to cover parking, admission, and they're offering 2 meals for their spring festival for food and flowers. Is that the way to go vs a 2 day ticket for $100 + $40 in parking? 

16 minutes ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Talk of improved 2 train ops and LR running are making me contemplate a visit during the week next week or the week after, especially with cheap hotel rates during the week!

Looks like even if I'm just going to go for 2 days the season pass would be the best deal to cover parking, admission, and they're offering 2 meals for their spring festival for food and flowers. Is that the way to go vs a 2 day ticket for $100 + $40 in parking? 

If you're only going to go for the 2 days in 2021, then the cheapest method would be a 2-day ticket ($99) and two trolley tickets ($3 each).  The trolley is very convenient, runs every 15 minutes and is cheap.  It 's about a  5-7 minute ride and drops you off right by the entrance to the park, which is also handy.  

https://www.pigeonforge.com/trolley/

I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but it was a piece of cake.    If you still would prefer to park in the lot, then you'd looking at a total of $139 for the 2-day + parking.  That's still less than going the route of the pass.  

For some reason I'm not seeing Gold Passes (the pass that covers parking) listed for sale right now?  I'm not sure why that is.