TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

7 hours ago, TEDodd said:

Perhaps, but I think they even did one last year once they finally opened.
I never doubted they would this year.

This is correct.  They had 3 passholder days last year.  The day before they closed, then 2 more on June 15/16 upon reopening again.

3 hours ago, tndank said:

From nocoastercon - Current plan is for LR to open with the park.  Mystery Mine will probably be a few weeks later due to trackwork. 

I'm curious. Did they say anything about the restraints on MM changing? They alluded that was a possibility when we had the Q & A there back in November. And I think I still have bruises on my shoulders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tndank said:

From nocoastercon - Current plan is for LR to open with the park.  Mystery Mine will probably be a few weeks later due to trackwork. 

Superb! Forever in debt to this forum, has made planning vastly better over the years. 

57 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

I'm curious. Did they say anything about the restraints on MM changing? They alluded that was a possibility when we had the Q & A there back in November. And I think I still have bruises on my shoulders.

Nothing about the trains/restraints.  The did mention changing part of the first outside section.  Reprofiling a little after the brakes and that first vertical drop.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:

I've never had a problem with the restraints. I'm 6 feet tall, 200 pounds. I've seen many people that couldn't get the restraints pulled down though and had to get off the ride. It seems like the ride operators used to push down on the restraints to get the lights to turn green, but not anymore, maybe due to COVID or other safety reasons. I really didn't notice it being rough last season, but some people did complain.

• Like 1

Are you going?

No, at least not until later in March (daughter's spring break). But not likely until mask requirements are removed.

I've never had a problem with the restraints.

Me either. I'm only 5'9" and have ridden at 140lbs and 200+ (getting older sucks).

Then again, I don't have a problem with TT's restraints either, but lots complain about them too.

I just wish they both had more arm room. But WE has a similar issue.

17 hours ago, tinaalsgirl said:

My trouble with the restraints were from me being too short. My friend who is 6-ish feet had no problem, but my 5'2" frame had my head banging on the restraints the whole ride.

Exactly. I am 5' 1" and sit so far below the restraints that I was jammed up into them with my shoulders. Being so short I have had the head banging issue on several different rides. Thankfully I have a hard head.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 9:26 PM, TEDodd said:

No, at least not until later in March (daughter's spring break). But not likely until mask requirements are removed.

I don't believe the mask requirement will be removed until 2022. I wear mine at Dollywood from open to close without any issues. I don't even know it is on. It actually helped keep my face warmer in the colder months.

• Like 3

I don't believe the mask requirement will be removed until 2022. I wear mine at Dollywood from open to close without any issues. I don't even know it is on.

Plays hell with my glasses. And I just don't like anything on my face, never have. In the frigid cold in Afghanistan I couldn't do the gators on my face.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:27 AM, TEDodd said:

Plays hell with my glasses. And I just don't like anything on my face, never have. In the frigid cold in Afghanistan I couldn't do the gators on my face.

Me too, My glasses fog up, so I don't wear them into the park anymore. Makes it hard to see, but I deal with it.

• Like 1

For Dollywood park goers that like the live shows, Dollywood has announced all theaters and the Chasing Rainbows museum will be open this year with reduced seating but additional show times to make up for the COVID restrictions. Some theaters and shows won't start up until after the Flower and Food Festival though, so be patient.

Me too, My glasses fog up, so I don't wear them into the park anymore. Makes it hard to see, but I deal with it.
Then I can't read.

And like I said, I don't like stuff on my face/ if I wouldn't do it for warmth on the hour walk from my room to work in sub zero temps I'm not doing it at a theme park.

But to each their own.
  • Like 1

Awesome! Thinking LR will deff be open then by late April/early May. 

25 minutes ago, coastercoaster5 said:

Was really hoping that the re-tracking could return the ride to it's original speed but it looks to slow down at the top just as it did before.

I do regret not getting here earlier when LR used to fly over the top, but I've wondered if the slower speed over top really has any impact on the ride overall?

33 minutes ago, coastercoaster5 said:

Was really hoping that the re-tracking could return the ride to it's original speed but it looks to slow down at the top just as it did before.

I was hoping the same. That double pop of strong airtime at the top of the mountain was pretty spectacular.