TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 734 - Lightning Rod closed for remainder of 2020 season

18 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

Maybe you missed it.

I got a letter last week saying $80 to extend through 2021 (vs just mid June).
Included a refillable mug ($1 refills) plus 2020 Christmas BAF and 3 BAF tix good for full 2021 season (subject to blackouts) instead of each only being valid for certain days.

I think $80 renewal is an OK deal.

That said, 2 of my passes are unused in 2020 (other one was used last fall), so I might just get them refunded and get 2021 passes. Either way would be good for all of 2021.

This showed up in my USPS Informed Delivery for last Saturday, but it never got delivered to my mailbox.

dollywood-letter.jpg

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, the difference to the rider between I-Box track and the current track is really minimal. The only major difference would be that the ride would actually be open when you wanted to ride it and wh

You mean like this. . . (pssst, all wooden coasters run on steel rails, well, with the exception of the flying turns)   Also, who would have thought the first RMC coaster to get the RM

Shenanigans! Dollywood is a theme park. Do you realize how many people go to Dollywood for the shows? Or the Eagle habitat? Or the soot train? Or just to take it all in? Or the freaking cinnamon

Posted Images

This showed up in my USPS Informed Delivery for last Saturday, but it never got delivered to my mailbox.
Mine was a letter. Delivered Friday here in Alabama.
Important parts:
Oct 19-Nov 8 (today-Nov 8 )
Dollywood.com/21Renew
6cbe049306e626c65754c87c55dc08b6.jpg

15 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

Mine was a letter. Delivered Friday here in Alabama.
Important pasts:
Oct 19-Nov 8 (today-Nov 😎
Dollywood.com/21Renew
6cbe049306e626c65754c87c55dc08b6.jpg

I tried to renew just now and it says, "This season pass in not valid for renewal or has been refunded.
Neither of those are true. I just used it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are having website issues. Did anyone else have success renewing? Thanks.

Similar topic, but out of sheer curiosity looked into Dollywood one day ticket and season pass prices since 2005 via Wayback Machine, inclusive of tax. I think they're a pretty affordable park overall.

2005: $43.50/$72

2008: $50.20/$83

2012: $60.60/$96.50

2016: $73/$122.35

2020: $88.70/$150.4

Price increases seem to be relatively consistent from 2005-2021. 2005-2012, prices went up 40% on tickets and 35% on season passes. Over a similar period from 2012-2021, we have increased 45% on tickets and 55% on season passes. Considerable investments have been made in the last 8 or so years compared to the earlier period, so this makes up for the slightly more substantial increases as of late.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, u4icmusic said:

I tried to renew just now and it says, "This season pass in not valid for renewal or has been refunded.
Neither of those are true. I just used it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are having website issues. Did anyone else have success renewing? Thanks.

I didn't actually try yet, but I did have trouble logging I earlier.
I figure they are being hit hard this afternoon.

23 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

I didn't actually try yet, but I did have trouble logging I earlier.
I figure they are being hit hard this afternoon.

I keep getting this warning and nobody is answering the phones at Dollywood either. Even if I uncheck the box that says "Don't renew this pass," it automatically rechecks itself.

PASSES.JPG

25 minutes ago, u4icmusic said:

I keep getting this warning and nobody is answering the phones at Dollywood either. 

Hmm. Just logged in and went to the renewal page.
I don't see that on any of the 3 on my account.
I guess you'll have to contact them about the discrepancy.

That said, it is not showing the correct pricing for my gold pass, or they are really stiffing people with Gold passes. It's showing $164 which is $79 + the $85 upgrade for Gold. So $55 discount top renew the basic pass, but no discount keeping it Gold? That's pretty lame on their part.

11 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

Hmm. Just logged in and went to the renewal page.
I don't see that on any of the 3 on my account.
I guess you'll have to contact them about the discrepancy.

That said, it is not showing the correct pricing for my gold pass, or they are really stiffing people with Gold passes. It's showing $164 which is $79 + the $85 upgrade for Gold. So $55 discount top renew the basic pass, but no discount keeping it Gold? That's pretty lame on their part.

Did you actually try to renew? Mine comes up with the correct price, but won't let me pay for it. $164 includes the renewal discount.  Like I said in an earlier post, not much of a discount for only 6 more months extension.

PASSES.JPG

I was excited about the renewal offer until I saw the $85 upgrade fee for gold. Not sure a 6-month extension is worth that much, even though I'm sure it would pay for itself for a lot of people. Just seems crazy that an upgrade would cost more than the pass itself.

1 minute ago, u4icmusic said:

Did you actually try to renew? Mine come up with the correct price, but won't let me pay for it. $164 includes the renewal discount.  Like I said in an earlier post, not much of a discount for only 6 more months extension.

Like I said, I went to the page. It showed all 3 passes with no warnings like you get.

I didn't click farther as I'm looking into a refund because of the Gold pass pricing.
I'd pay $80 to renew all 3, or even a few bucks more for the gold one, but not the full $85 upcharge.

2 hours ago, I306 said:

I was excited about the renewal offer until I saw the $85 upgrade fee for gold. Not sure a 6-month extension is worth that much, even though I'm sure it would pay for itself for a lot of people. Just seems crazy that an upgrade would cost more than the pass itself.

It doesn't cost more than a full season pass. It is slightly cheaper, but it should have been a way better deal than they gave us.

It doesn't cost more than a full season pass. It is slightly cheaper, but it should have been a way better deal than they gave us.
It's more than the renewal price of $79.

I could agree with the upgrade price for an actual upgrade, regular to gold. But for existing gold pass holders it should be much less, like $35-40.
And current gold passes should stay gold through June 15 even if renewed as regular, like they would if not renewed, but I'll bet they screw that up.
18 hours ago, TEDodd said:

It's more than the renewal price of $79.

I could agree with the upgrade price for an actual upgrade, regular to gold. But for existing gold pass holders it should be much less, like $35-40.
And current gold passes should stay gold through June 15 even if renewed as regular, like they would if not renewed, but I'll bet they screw that up.

That renewal price is just for the regular season pass. A regular gold season pass is $219 plus taxes and fee (right now, it may go up). You are right, the "gold" add-on should have been at least half of what they are offering us. I still can't get the website to work for me and I've tried two different browsers. Not sure if we can upgrade at the park or not or only online.

On 10/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, TEDodd said:

Maybe you missed it.

I got a letter last week saying $80 to extend through 2021 (vs just mid June).
Included a refillable mug ($1 refills) plus 2020 Christmas BAF and 3 BAF tix good for full 2021 season (subject to blackouts) instead of each only being valid for certain days.

I think $80 renewal is an OK deal.

That said, 2 of my passes are unused in 2020 (other one was used last fall), so I might just get them refunded and get 2021 passes. Either way would be good for all of 2021.

Mine came in the mail yesterday. It's a fold-out brochure, not a letter. Don't you find that strange?

Yesterday i was on hold at Dollywood for over an hour. Nobody ever picked up.  I also did the think where you key in your phone number and a rep is supposed to call back before 8 pm. That didn't happen either. It still won't allow me to renew my 2020 season pass online. It still says "this pass is not eligible for renewal or has been refunded." Something is wrong and there is nobody at the park to help over the phone or via email.

On 10/19/2020 at 1:46 PM, bert425 said:

we saw several of his T-shirts on Sat at Fiesta Tex. . . and noticed he's using the SLC "Serial Thriller" as the imagery.

so NO THANKS.

but, back on topic, I really do want to make it to Dollywood in 2021.

Bert we are talking about a little Carowinds, Dollywood, SFOG, run in the summer if Joel can get off work for everything we want to do. Let me know if you start planning something.

• Like 1

Dollywood has been BEAT UP in social media for their customer service all around this year yet they stay mum on everything. I’m not sure it’s ALL warranted, but they have certainly tarnished their image a lot and I’m not so sure they will get some of the shine back  

On 10/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, u4icmusic said:

Yesterday i was on hold at Dollywood for over an hour. Nobody ever picked up.  I also did the think where you key in your phone number and a rep is supposed to call back before 8 pm. That didn't happen either. It still won't allow me to renew my 2020 season pass online. It still says "this pass is not eligible for renewal or has been refunded." Something is wrong and there is nobody at the park to help over the phone or via email.

Over the summer when I tried calling Dollywood to check if Lightning Rod was running, I was on hold for over an hour.  Someone eventually did pick up though for me.  In the past, I remember getting through to the park almost immediately over the phone.  I'm guessing there was increased volume and less staff to take calls this year.

Thinking about a day trip to Dollywood on a Friday in the next few weeks.  What are the crowds like and would I need a Timesaver?  Are people obeying the rules and wearing masks?  I'm apprehensive about visiting as I haven't been to a park since the pandemic began.  

If you're apprehensive about going to a theme park that alone is a reason to get Timesaver because nobody is going to be social distancing in queue lines at Dollywood and mask-wearing will probably be decent but far from perfect. That was our experience earlier this year. If you like Mystery Mine and Firechaser then you should absolutely buy it anyway because their capacities suck anyway and now they'll drastically reduced.

2 hours ago, coasternut79 said:

Thinking about a day trip to Dollywood on a Friday in the next few weeks.  What are the crowds like and would I need a Timesaver?  Are people obeying the rules and wearing masks?  I'm apprehensive about visiting as I haven't been to a park since the pandemic began.  

I would recommend reading some other folks thoughts on here as well as on trip advisor. Especially of recent, because crowds seem to have ticked up. Also you need to make a reservation, they’ve been filling up most days.