Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 734 - Lightning Rod closed for remainder of 2020 season

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean like this. . . (pssst, all wooden coasters run on steel rails, well, with the exception of the flying turns)   Also, who would have thought the first RMC coaster to get the RM

Their season pass renewal system is running on the same server as Lightning Rod. 

Shenanigans! Dollywood is a theme park. Do you realize how many people go to Dollywood for the shows? Or the Eagle habitat? Or the soot train? Or just to take it all in? Or the freaking cinnamon

Posted Images

Does the June 1 extension date for the Passes indicated the possible opening date?
It just acknowledges the Governor's latest order pushing opening until June at the earliest (Order expires May 29).

https://www.wate.com/news/coronavirus-in-tennessee-gov-bill-lee-issues-executive-order-no-30-repealing-most-previous-orders/

Edited by TEDodd
Can anyone advise on how we could contact them, either by email, online form or a different non 1800 number?

In the past I've had good results using Facebook Messenger.

But as mentioned expect slow responses right now, especially with the announcement (which will have lots of questioners).

I'm wondering when media day will be if the park opens sometime next month. Hopefully these unfortunate circumstances do not affect ANY of the proposed plans for the park and the 'biggest investment plan in history'

Gov Lee has announced today that amusement parks can start opening May 22. Dollywood said they are working on a plan and expect to announce more soon.

May be just a couple/few weeks out now.

I hope that Dollywood, and every other park, has a safe re-opening

and that it all works out, as time goes by.

Heart.JPG.ad92956a2b03339f8d2fb01c28f6e59d.JPG

could you imagine if we get a dark ride and a roller coaster in phase 2? perhaps an indoor? oh man, im so excited for media day lol

could you imagine if we get a dark ride and a roller coaster in phase 2? perhaps an indoor? oh man, im so excited for media day lol

Yeah, well, contain your excitement, because whatever they were planning has probably been pushed back another year at the least.

^Yes, it's best to scale back any expectations for 2021 and then be pleasantly surprised they continue with their plans instead of being disappointed if you have to wait till 2022 or 2023 now. Losing a month or 2 of the season may seem like not a lot but remember things will not instantly be back to normal and parks will still take significant revenue hits with limited capacity and attendance for the time being, maybe for the next 12 months or more.

Most appear to be open yes, not sure if they are normal hours or not. I saw most running this weekend.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

^^ I think the most important question is.... ARE The Goats ACTUALLY BACK on The Roof?

(I'm bored, sry.)

^Yes, it's best to scale back any expectations for 2021 and then be pleasantly surprised they continue with their plans instead of being disappointed if you have to wait till 2022 or 2023 now. Losing a month or 2 of the season may seem like not a lot but remember things will not instantly be back to normal and parks will still take significant revenue hits with limited capacity and attendance for the time being, maybe for the next 12 months or more.

I totally agree! I am not expecting any big announcement for the new hotel or any additions until late next summer at the earliest. If something is announced earlier than that I would say that would be totally impressive!

My daughter is graduating and obviously with everything going on there is a lot of graduation activities she does not get to participate in. I was wondering if anybody knew of any Dollywood 2020 graduation merchandise that’s available or will be available when the park reopens. Thanks.

Last night as I was perusing around the Dollywood website, I noticed that the Summer Celebration Festival has been removed from their festival lineup for the rest of the year. However, the new Food & Flower Festival remains and now says coming this Summer, rather than coming in May as before. Perhaps they are merging them together or maybe they are forgoing the Fireworks this year in attempt to promote social distancing?

I am not certain how social distancing can be achieved in any theme park. Yes they can mark the ride queues where guests should stand and monitor guest flow in and out of the ride buildings, but how can social distancing be genuinely maintained on the midways and other common areas of the park?

I'm hoping the park makes an announcement very soon before the end of the month for their reopening plans, and plans in general for the rest of the year. Season Passholders are supposedly going to be informed first (email blast maybe?) and then the general public.

I'm really looking forward to getting back there soon (please!)

Last night as I was perusing around the Dollywood website, I noticed that the Summer Celebration Festival has been removed from their festival lineup for the rest of the year. However, the new Food & Flower Festival remains and now says coming this Summer, rather than coming in May as before. Perhaps they are merging them together or maybe they are forgoing the Fireworks this year in attempt to promote social distancing?

I am not certain how social distancing can be achieved in any theme park. Yes they can mark the ride queues where guests should stand and monitor guest flow in and out of the ride buildings, but how can social distancing be genuinely maintained on the midways and other common areas of the park?

I'm hoping the park makes an announcement very soon before the end of the month for their reopening plans, and plans in general for the rest of the year. Season Passholders are supposedly going to be informed first (email blast maybe?) and then the general public.

I'm really looking forward to getting back there soon (please!)

By reducing the park capacity, using keep right markings at bottlenecks and closing narrower paths (or converting them so they're one way). It seems easier to do in a theme park than it does in towns.

It's difficult, there will be certain situations I guess where it isn't possible, but this is what we've been seeing elsewhere.

My opinion, although very controversial, when it comes to amusement parks, you are going at your own risk knowing you will possibly catch Covid-19.

I'll be going when they open. I'll be wearing a facemask if they require. If not, I probably won't except for congested areas to protect people, that probably shouldn't be there. I DOOOOO wear them all the time to essential places like Walmart and will continue. Why? I know at risk people will be there because they need to be.

Will at risk people be at Dollywood? Or any other amusement park? Yes! But why?

Same for shopping malls and anywhere else people gather. I work for a company that has many locations in malls.. we are providing our associate's mask but aren't requiring they wear them. 75% of our guest are ok with that. 20% don't care. 5% complain and every complaint starts with "I'm at risk"... Why are you at the mall then?

I understand that we need to protect each other, that's why I do it at essential places BUT I strongly feel these guidelines parks are putting into place bring a false sense of security and safety. I feel it's marketing to make at risk feel safer.. Unless someone is following every guest, spraying down everything they touch... It's not really much safer at all.

I do feel parks should limit capacity, provide extra hand washing stations, both will be the safest way to prevent anything.. all other steps and measures, I don't believe are necessary and that we should protect ourselves.

I went to Gatlinburg yesterday and only 25% or less of people had facemask. Coming to the area is a huge risk for those willing to take it, but come knowing it's a risk.

My opinion, although very controversial, when it comes to amusement parks, you are going at your own risk knowing you will possibly catch Covid-19.

I'll be going when they open. I'll be wearing a facemask if they require. If not, I probably won't except for congested areas to protect people, that probably shouldn't be there. I DOOOOO wear them all the time to essential places like Walmart and will continue. Why? I know at risk people will be there because they need to be.

Will at risk people be at Dollywood? Or any other amusement park? Yes! But why?

Same for shopping malls and anywhere else people gather. I work for a company that has many locations in malls.. we are providing our associate's mask but aren't requiring they wear them. 75% of our guest are ok with that. 20% don't care. 5% complain and every complaint starts with "I'm at risk"... Why are you at the mall then?

I understand that we need to protect each other, that's why I do it at essential places BUT I strongly feel these guidelines parks are putting into place bring a false sense of security and safety. I feel it's marketing to make at risk feel safer.. Unless someone is following every guest, spraying down everything they touch... It's not really much safer at all.

I do feel parks should limit capacity, provide extra hand washing stations, both will be the safest way to prevent anything.. all other steps and measures, I don't believe are necessary and that we should protect ourselves.

I went to Gatlinburg yesterday and only 25% or less of people had facemask. Coming to the area is a huge risk for those willing to take it, but come knowing it's a risk.

I think the term "Safety (or Security) Theater", is what you're referring to.

Where do I go to get my TPR medical degree?

Go see Prince Desmond, he'll be happy to help you.

Where do I go to get my TPR medical degree?

For $20 via paypal I'm sure I can make you a certificate or something..

For an extra $10 I'll throw in a Masters of Amusement Anniversary Planning add on certificate.