TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 734 - Lightning Rod closed for remainder of 2020 season

tomowers the day I found on the dollywood website where the they metion it on the website its at the pines theter if any one is going I was up there the day anounsed wild wood so I wish I could be up there

... what?

oh sorry I forgot to run spell check I meant the anousment is tomorrow and I was up there when the announced wild wood grove

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean like this. . . (pssst, all wooden coasters run on steel rails, well, with the exception of the flying turns)   Also, who would have thought the first RMC coaster to get the RM

Their season pass renewal system is running on the same server as Lightning Rod. 

Shenanigans! Dollywood is a theme park. Do you realize how many people go to Dollywood for the shows? Or the Eagle habitat? Or the soot train? Or just to take it all in? Or the freaking cinnamon

Posted Images

Wonder if Dolly will still be at the park Friday?

And dang it all, I have a cabin for the last weekend of March. I don't like how this is snowballing.

Edited by TEDodd
tomowers the day I found on the dollywood website where the they metion it on the website its at the pines theter if any one is going I was up there the day anounsed wild wood so I wish I could be up there

Are you drunk?????

Are you drunk?????

Hey now, that's insulting to those of us who can spell words correctly while drunk.

How long would it take it get the park ready to re-open? I saw there were some glitches on opening day

Is it dependent on how long the park is closed?

I know that there is a lot of guesswork in any answer, but we’ve little else to do

^Just speaking outta my butt here, so don't take this as expert opinion, but it should only take a few days to get the park ready to re-open from a shut down. However, that is all dependent on what actually shuts down. If parks are keeping their maintenance teams working through all this then from a rides/attractions stand point there really shouldn't be much of a delay.

Foods would be a big question mark. Re-stocking items that are perishable with possible supply chain delays. The park could re-open with limited food items that were frozen, burgers, fries, hot dogs, etc. Not the normal Dollywood fare. May be some delay on cinnamon bread!!

Team members still need to be trained, Dollywood has some advantage here with their team as the park is open more than your average seasonal park, but there would still be some time needed to hire, process and train new team members.

But I think a week of "prep" time would be sufficient for a park like Dollywood once things start to normalize. That's just a wild, un-educated guess. Could be less, could be more. But since they were already ready to open, there shouldn't be too much to bring back up to speed to re-open to the public.

there are close to a hundred cases of covid-19 in tennessee last time i checked. don't know much how this works but disneyworld is preparing to be closed for more than 2 weeks so plan on dollywood not opening for awhile.

No mention of Sevier county or Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg.

They appear to not have authority like Knoxville and Knox County have. Unclear to what extent the Governor's order can be enforced. No new penalties or crimes defined.

http://www.seviervilletn.org/index.php/covid-19-information/2925-joint-press-release-regarding-business-operations-and-covid-19.html

Previously they were asking the State Health Department to issue orders, which may have more legal authority.

That said, I doubt DW would go against it. Smaller places might though.

Still it would be nice for them to update their page.