TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 751 - Lightning Rod expected to reopen with the park!

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I call this or what? Anyway, I did better side-by-side comparison for you.

^Lets be real...if you really wanna follow those guidelines you wouldn’t even be going to amusement parks. 

You mean because now it might feel like it's... rolling and... coasting and... open?

Posted Images

Lightning Rod had zero downtime due to mechanical issues 2 weeks ago. The only time it went down in my 2 days was to clean puke. It seems to finally be running consistently this year.
Good to hear! Fingers crossed the trend continues. We went last year at this time and it opened mid afternoon and we got 3 rides including a night ride in the front row that was unbelievable. It was cloudy with no moonlight so once over the hill it was complete darkness and utter chaos ensued

I too was thankful Dollywood was open Thanksgiving night. Weather was beautiful and the crowds were not too bad. Definitely put me in the Christmas Spirit. In my opinion Dollywood went above and beyond with the lights this year, especially Glacier Ridge... very well done!

On a side note... coming down the quad down on Lightning Rod at night with the park all lit for Chistmas... magical!!

On a side note... coming down the quad down on Lightning Rod at night with the park all lit for Chistmas... magical!!
You aren't kidding! There is such a feeling of being totally out of control that element gives you at night and the lights just add to it. I don't know that I've ever been on a coaster and thought dear lord we are going too fast we may go off the rails but that quad honestly makes you think that!
You aren't kidding! There is such a feeling of being totally out of control that element gives you at night and the lights just add to it. I don't know that I've ever been on a coaster and thought dear lord we are going too fast we may go off the rails but that quad honestly makes you think that!

I bet it is im going to try it this weekend

I hadn't realized that Wild Eagle got new Vest Restraints that don't suffocate you anymore!?! Is this really true!? That would really improve the ride experience for me.

^It's being reported that they were just changed in the last few weeks. Have you been recently?
Last week, Wed & Thu.

That said, they never bothered me.

Where did you hear about a change?

I was there second weekend of November. I can't say for sure if they were changed. But I definitely did not have that feeling on the brake run of being suffocated (which I HATED). So that seems positive.