TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

MM has been closed since the park opened for the season two weeks ago. Saw it testing a couple times but never opened. At the park again today and it’s STILL closed. Was going to ask a ride op outside what the issue is but there’s no activity or anyone around. I had posted something on Dollywood’s Facebook page on another persons post about MM being closed and an hour later my comment was deleted. Dollywood messaged me personally and did the whole “guest safety is our top priority” etc. which I totally understand. But still..

MM has been closed since the park opened for the season two weeks ago. Saw it testing a couple times but never opened. At the park again today and it’s STILL closed. Was going to ask a ride op outside what the issue is but there’s no activity or anyone around. I had posted something on Dollywood’s Facebook page on another persons post about MM being closed and an hour later my comment was deleted. Dollywood messaged me personally and did the whole “guest safety is our top priority” etc. which I totally understand. But still..
Be careful asking ride OPs or Dollywood employees. A lot of times, are just as informed as we are meaning not at all. Last Sunday there were no OPs around but one of my walks past there was a Dollywood employee looking at the ride. Another guest asked her what was wrong and she simply replied "it's being replaced because of the new area"

We all know this is 100% false but it's ashame that dwood employees are also left in the dark and that helps spawn these rumors

Like mentioned earlier, this is nothing out of the ordinary for MM. It happens almost every year haha. I'd imagine there is no activity because they are waiting on parts so no reason to test if they know they issue

BUT I do hate that crap when places remove honest comments.. that's shady, very shady if true Dollywood. Don't hide it!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Looking through their Facebook posts, they're obviously religious fanatics. Of course they'd try to censor their "message" so that no truth is revealed.

Be careful asking ride OPs or Dollywood employees. A lot of times, are just as informed as we are meaning not at all. Last Sunday there were no OPs around but one of my walks past there was a Dollywood employee looking at the ride. Another guest asked her what was wrong and she simply replied "it's being replaced because of the new area"

We all know this is 100% false but it's ashame that dwood employees are also left in the dark and that helps spawn these rumors

Like mentioned earlier, this is nothing out of the ordinary for MM. It happens almost every year haha. I'd imagine there is no activity because they are waiting on parts so no reason to test if they know they issue

BUT I do hate that crap when places remove honest comments.. that's shady, very shady if true Dollywood. Don't hide it!!!

How do we know its 100% false?

Why would they remove it? It's one of the most popular rides in the park, one of the most expensive in the park, why would they be testing on opening weekend if it wasn't planned to be open this year and so on. Opening weekend they did have ride ops stationed like it was about to open and so on. The ride is not that old and not really in the way of anything with all the land opened up. yeah I guess I shouldn't say 100% but 99.9% sure it isn't being removed

Plus, I want to be clear, the lady that mentioned this was a janitor or something for that area. It wasn't a ride op or anyone like that. She was cleaning the bathrooms right beside MM. Basically if it was that widely know at Dollywood, we would have heard by now.

Maybe new trains that we don’t know about?? I can’t tell if they are new or not.

Well if they don't look new and the park hasn't announced that they're new and there's no reason to ever consider that they're new then when you put all of the pieces together it's pretty obvious that the park spent a bunch of money on brand new trains that look just like the old ones. They're totally new.

It IS testing with water dummies.

Oh yeah, you're right they're removing it then. Green Lantern at Magic Mountain is testing now and they're removing that so it's a telltale sign.

Sounds to me like it just broke like it does at the opening of every season, especially if they are testing now. Part must have arrived! Good to hear it's testing again. Opening weekend it was testing without dummies

Edited by dstephe9

^ Nothing about his post was defensive, lol.

Very excited to finally check out this park next month. I think I may get a season pass and spend a few days in the area, hitting up the park when I feel like it and not trying to rush my way through everything.

It's funny. I make so many posts where I wonder if I should really hit the submit button and reluctantly do it anyway and there's never an issue with those... it's always the non-confrontational milquetoast posts that people take the wrong way.

Dude, relax. I don't even know what just happened.

My response was to the comment made by “coasterbill” not the one above mine lol I should’ve clarified
Haha I knew it wasn't geared towards mine we posted at the same time I believe lol

I'm headed to the park Saturday so maybe it'll be up.

No greeter is ever going to give you an answer about why a ride is closed (aside from saying something like "mechanical reasons") or how long they expect it to be closed. That standard operating procedure for basically every park in America.

No greeter is ever going to give you an answer about why a ride is closed (aside from saying something like "mechanical reasons") or how long they expect it to be closed. That standard operating procedure for basically every park in America.

Exactly this!!

Ride ops are literally trained NOT to tell a guest exactly why a ride is closed.

Just a warning for anyone today, F is almost full. Preferred parking is full. Tram line in F is to the road through the parking lot

Be prepared for crowds

45 mins waiting on a tram. 5 full sized parked trams not running passed coming in.. come on Dollywood!! Move em to splash country or something if not enough staff. It just looks bad for the guest.. and why have at least one of your small trams running when plenty of full sized arent. Just trying to help y'all out