TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

It might just be the angle of the picture. I don’t remember the padding being all black though, but again, it could be the angle or the lighting.

You are correct... They havnen't always been black... (judging by this photo)

b560994b2d8f69a823c6c3bda89310bb.jpg

However, the padding just Velcros in place... So it may be something that DW had been planning on changing because how quickly non-black colors start turning black (See Diamondback at Kings Islands headrest) so maybe they just changed out the Velcro pads while they were making other modifications!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then again, I could be completely wrong! Only time will tell! -------- Personally I'm just glad the freaking ride is finally testing again!!

This is the only coaster where that would be looked at as a major positive...

"Well, it's closed and totally f*cked up... but it's *less* closed and totally f*cked up"

I mean it was testing with water dummies so that has to be a positive sign after months of inactivity.

This is the only coaster where that would be looked at as a major positive...

"Well, it's closed and totally f*cked up... but it's *less* closed and totally f*cked up"

I mean it was testing with water dummies so that has to be a positive sign after months of inactivity.

Wouldn't literally ANYTHING be a positive sign after absolutely NOTHING for the last 3+ months!?!?

Like an employee could walk by the ride and spit on it and that would be something!

...Is it to early to order the The Struggle is Over! banners?

Fixed. And I was going to say he already jinxed it, by just asking about getting them.

And I hope it keeps running, for a long, long, long, long time.

Honestly feels the same to me, there is still a slight bump at the bottom of the main drop but I haven't noticed the had pothole since season one. It was at it's worse then. During my two rides tonight there was one section that might have more supports now (wood is newer looking) but I could be wrong

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The new front piece is quite ugly compared to the original, but I'll always take an amazing operational coaster with an ugly train over a great looking train that doesn't run
The new fronts look cheap in person and cheesy lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Who the f*ck cares that the front of the trains is slightly different? All that matters is that this incredible coaster is back up and running again. Hopefully things stay that way.

When I saw the photos of the two different versions, I honestly didn't know which one was before or after. I had never really paid much attention! Lol

Can't wait to ride Lightning Rod someday, or visit Dollywood in general.