Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 766 - HeartSong resort announced!

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I call this or what? Anyway, I did better side-by-side comparison for you.

Luckily any day now Lightning Rod is probably due to launch a wheel into a mountain or spontaneously combust or something so we can stop talking about covid...

^Lets be real...if you really wanna follow those guidelines you wouldn’t even be going to amusement parks. 

Posted Images

Someone reset the timer. Let's see if LR can stay 'technically' open for an entire week, before closing for a month.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE COASTER GODS YES!!! Can this thing please stay open for an entire week?? I'll be there Friday, and I sure hope it's open!!

App says Lightning Rod reopened and is less than a 15 minute wait.

That ride really does always reopen a few days after I leave. You're welcome to anyone going in the next few days.

Please do me a favor then and go back on August 7th or 8th. Appreciate it in advance!

That ride really does always reopen a few days after I leave. You're welcome to anyone going in the next few days.

Please do me a favor then and go back on August 7th or 8th. Appreciate it in advance!

Yes please do that, I'll be there the 13th and 14th.

Personally, I think you're all jinxing this, by posting about it so/too much.

IMhO.

j/k (I do it with anything and almost everything about the Disney Parks.)

Yes please do that, I'll be there the 13th and 14th.

If you want to cover my trip I'll be more than glad

Are they at least running two trains now after they took it down for a week?

Heard from the people at Red's they were only running half a train to reduce the stress on the track.

Since when are "the people at Red's" a reliable source for information? I only trust the Dippin' Dots guy across the street.

Heard from the people at Red's they were only running half a train to reduce the stress on the track.

Since when are "the people at Red's" a reliable source for information? I only trust the Dippin' Dots guy across the street.

Evidently the grill cook used to be a ride op on Blazing Fury, so he's got connections.

If they need to reduce stress on the track this early in the coasters life, they might as well tear it down..

I don't believe that at all haha

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Someone reset the timer. Let's see if LR can stay 'technically' open for an entire week, before closing for a month.

I guess that I just got lucky because it was open every day of our stay last month (June 25-30) with minimal downtime. It opened with the park each morning (or shortly thereafter) and we got 2-3 rides a day on it. It was only running one train but at least it was operating pretty consistently. Hopefully it will stay open for everyone that has trips planned because it really is a hell of a ride!

So I watched them all day and yes I got on the first train of the day as well as got 5 rides in. They attempted to get 2 trains in for about 2-3 hours. It was originally planned to open at 3, instead opened at 5:15. The 2nd train didn't work. What is it with 2 trains? I'm happy with 1 train op as long as it runs

Guess it does seem like they were trying to get that second train added while the ride was down. If that's the only reason the ride has been down for the past week, that's pretty cruddy they haven't been running it with the one operational train.

From what I could tell, that was the delay today. The launch packed one heck of a punch today and it was my 15th time. At the base of the launch they did have mist running this time because temps touched 98. I am feeling that trying to get that second train on though was a problem.

Retrain him if you want it to look good on paper. However, give a human a monotonous job and all the training in the world and you will still see these simple errors. I'm not saying it's OK, but it will happen.

I believe there was a time this summer where Emily's restraint wasn't checked somewhere, but I can't recall the specific example.

THis happened to my uncle on Boomerang last week at SFDK. She walked right by him. A bit surprising maybe but like you said...it happens and as long as you're paying attention yourself, nothing to really write home about.
From what I could tell, that was the delay today. The launch packed one heck of a punch today and it was my 15th time. At the base of the launch they did have mist running this time because temps touched 98. I am feeling that trying to get that second train on though was a problem.

Were they assigning seats? Filling the whole train or only half of it? Today it's up after opening late and waits are 100 minutes. I'm so freaking excited to get on it. LR, please, please, please, please, please still be working on Monday! I hope Mystery Mine is working too since I know a lot of people say it's great.

Were they assigning seats? Filling the whole train or only half of it? Today it's up after opening late and waits are 100 minutes. I'm so freaking excited to get on it. LR, please, please, please, please, please still be working on Monday! I hope Mystery Mine is working too since I know a lot of people say it's great.

Yes they were assigning seats. Ever since I've ridden back in November they've assigned. It makes things moves as fast as possible. Fast passes honestly are what slow things down because LR's dispatches are pretty fast. And yes every seat was filled up. When I first got my two back to back rides in yesterday the wait built up from 0 mins to 15mins to 60mins after I got off of my second round. It was like a stampeded of people running and screaming. Grown parents with children running haha

Yes they were assigning seats. Ever since I've ridden back in November they've assigned. It makes things moves as fast as possible. Fast passes honestly are what slow things down because LR's dispatches are pretty fast. And yes every seat was filled up. When I first got my two back to back rides in yesterday the wait built up from 0 mins to 15mins to 60mins after I got off of my second round. It was like a stampeded of people running and screaming. Grown parents with children running haha

It was like a Black Friday stampede a couple weeks ago at Cedar Point when TTD finally opened after several days of being down so I know what you mean haha. Assigned seats is fine with me as long as it keeps the line moving.

Does DW have loose article bins? I have a very small fanny pack I wear with my phone and eye drops plus contacts case inside but I carry a regular clear water bottle around with me. Are there any rides that require a bunny (or a bush, right Bert and Bill? Ugh.) oe are there bins on the ride platforms that I can set the bottle in? Speaking of water, am I allowed to bring in an unopened bottle of water along with me into the park?