TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

B-But...we just switched our plans to go to Kings Island instead...

Either way, good for the park getting it back up and running. Hopefully it's more consistent. Maybe I can swing a visit later this summer.

Switch them back. If not Dollywood is less then 4 hours from kings island Ohio.

Great day to be at the park!!!!

No kidding, I will be there from June 25-30th, so hopefully those wait times stay that way!

Make room in your top 10 for Dollywood's coasters. Vegas is my favorite non amusement park!

B-But...we just switched our plans to go to Kings Island instead...

Either way, good for the park getting it back up and running. Hopefully it's more consistent. Maybe I can swing a visit later this summer.

Switch them back. If not Dollywood is less then 4 hours from kings island Ohio.

I wouldn't switch anything back until it gets at least a week of consistent full day operations .

^ could be adding or taking off a train. Also if someone gets sick they do that as well. It opened back with in 20 minutes

This is true, someone puked on Wild Eagle once when I was next to get on it. They cleaned the train which took about 10 mins because the ops couldn't do it.. they called someone in to do it, after they cleaned it they ran it once or twice to "dry it off" is what we where told.. I'm sure it was just a test run. Entire process took 15 - 20 mins and the app had it TC the entire time

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear the ride has finally reopened! Hopefully it will stay more consistent in terms of operation.

WBIR-TV wrote yet another article talking about the coaster's downtime and some of the gp comments on their facebook page about it are nearly unbearable. Not able to post a link to that article but it doesn't really discuss too much, other than talking about how many days the coaster has been closed, etc.. It's more of a follow-up to last month's article.

So on Facebook in the Dollywood comments, a Dollywood ride op said LR was pulling 90 and they couldn't figure out why? As much as I doubt that a bit of me thinks...could this thing do 90 and that would be kick A$$. But still.

Pffft, that rumor again!? That' so 2016.

LSMs require such ridiculous precision and control that there is quite literally no way that would be able to happen. Also, the company that designed and programmed the ride control system (Irvine Ondrey Engineering) confirmed this rumor to be false when it was first circulating in June of 2016.

So on Facebook in the Dollywood comments, a Dollywood ride op said LR was pulling 90 and they couldn't figure out why? As much as I doubt that a bit of me thinks...could this thing do 90 and that would be kick A$$. But still.

Pffft, that rumor again!? That' so 2016.

LSMs require such ridiculous precision and control that there is quite literally no way that would be able to happen. Also, the company that designed and programmed the ride control system (Irvine Ondrey Engineering) confirmed this rumor to be false when it was first circulating in June of 2016.

Hahahaha I know I was just saying what the ride op said on Facebook. Doesn't DW have some kind of rumor/confidentiality policy with its employees?

^Haha. These rumors have been all over the place with this coaster from the beginning (even with the GP). It's hard to believe anything as we keep hearing so many different things about what could've been wrong. But as I said before, let's just be glad the coaster is finally open again and hope it stays like that for as long as possible.