TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

I honestly find this ride completely free of roughness / headbanging in every single seat. It's forceful and some transitions are abrupt, but in a good way. The drop off of the trestle is amazing.

Yes, in the sense of typical enthusiast whining, e.g. "This B&M rattles," then Mystery Mine is not rough in any way. It is rough in the same sense that a rodeo bullride is rough. It's performing exactly as designed, and it's designed brilliantly.

Well today is the day I'm headed to the park and looks like Rod is already listed CD. This is my 6th different trip this year with still no luck. I'm sure I'll have a great day regardless but can't help but feel already disappointed. I'm officially giving up hope for this ride. Sure it was a great idea etc. but a definite failed project. So frustrating to see it just sitting there every time I go with no one on it or working on it. I know people are still trying to give the park a pass over this but I'm just over it. If it stays it stays if it goes it goes. It was fun the first and only time I rode it but it's definitely not my favorite ride at the park like many people. Oh well, just a let down. Better luck next year I suppose ✌️

It's not "rough but tolerable" for me, it's perfectly comfortable and I could ride it all day. I would almost venture to call it smooth. I'd put it on the same level as a ride like Raptor at Cedar Point. It's mostly smooth and MAYBE once or twice you get thrown into the restraint one time but it's not uncomfortable and it only happens once or twice on the whole ride so I really don't care.

...with no one on it or working on it...

I assure you there are people working on the coaster. Just because you may not be able to see them when you walk by, does not mean that they are no there. Dollywood is not going to leave this coaster just sitting there SBNO. They are actively trying to get it up and running. The park doesn't like having the ride closed any more than we like the ride being closed.

...with no one on it or working on it...

I assure you there are people working on the coaster. Just because you may not be able to see them when you walk by, does not mean that they are no there. Dollywood is not going to leave this coaster just sitting there SBNO. They are actively trying to get it up and running. The park doesn't like having the ride closed any more than we like the ride being closed.

+1

Who knows if the issues even require people to be there physically.

There are a couple of possibilities that wouldn't require anyone to be working on the coaster. Here are two that come to mind.

1. The problem has been identified and no work can be done until a replacement part has arrived.

2. The problem involves software and rewriting code from the RMC office in Idaho. It's amazing how much depends on software these days. A car in my family only had the driver's window going down halfway. Mechanical issue? No! The car computer had gotten confused and was only bringing the window down halfway.

Well I was at the park literally all day today with no sign of activity around Lrod at all. All the lights were off, no one out at the front of the que, and the bay doors were shut in the station. It looked deserted. Even everyone walking by the station, seeing the sign at the entrance of the park and on the tram back to the parking lot had nothing but negative things to say. It's become a joke to the guests. I'm not bashing Dollywood, it's my favorite park. I'm

Just letting you all know what I witnessed today with the negative feedback from guests.

^^Grand re-opening of Lightning Run

Kentucky Kingdom... Is that you??

I'm surprised Lightning Rod and Lightning Run don't get confused more often, considering they're somewhat close geographically.

I have an odd theory with the design of Lightning Rod's launch hill: I feel it was designed the way it was that if it had lots of problems, Dollywood and RMC could replace the launch with a chain lift over an offseason (while eliminating the short drop at the top of the first hill).

I have an odd theory with the design of Lightning Rod's launch hill: I feel it was designed the way it was that if it had lots of problems, Dollywood and RMC could replace the launch with a chain lift over an offseason (while eliminating the short drop at the top of the first hill).

Or it was designed that way to get over the mountain which would have made it much more difficult to have a flat launch. I still don't think they would change the launch to a chain or cable lift. I would expect them to get a completely new launch system before changing to a chain lift. Throughout all of these issues, I still don't understand why a launch on wood is so much more difficult than a launch on steel and I don't get why the trains have such big sensor issues when other RMCs don't seem to have those issues.

^^Grand re-opening of Lightning Run

Kentucky Kingdom... Is that you??

I'm surprised Lightning Rod and Lightning Run don't get confused more often, considering they're somewhat close geographically.

I'm just glad I got to ride it. Maybe they can change the name to Flash in the Pan, so I don't mess up the name again.

Lightning Rod is never going to have a chain lift hill.

They've already spent too much on having the world's fastest and only launched wood coaster to do anything that drastic to the ride experience IMHO.

Hypothetically if Lightning Rode were to get a chain left, would CREHOS count it as a new coaster credit? Asking for a friend.