TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

There's a "selfie" POV on Instagram that's easily the most awkward 60 seconds of video I've seen in quite some time. I'm very much looking forward to a legitimate production (flawless or not).

Lol I watched the selfie POV even though awkward, it shows how much power is given in the back of the train and you can hear the screams from literally everyone on the ride. From "DEAR GODS" to "HOLY CRAPS" they can all be heard.

There's a "selfie" POV on Instagram that's easily the most awkward 60 seconds of video I've seen in quite some time. I'm very much looking forward to a legitimate production (flawless or not).

Lol I watched the selfie POV even though awkward, it shows how much power is given in the back of the train and you can hear the screams from literally everyone on the ride. From "DEAR GODS" to "HOLY CRAPS" they can all be heard.

Would it be against forum rules to tell me the name of the instagramer who posted this pov?

^ Probably. I found it pretty quickly using lightingrod and dollywood hashtags. And yes its pretty awkward but funny to hear the reactions of all the other riders.

Yep, I've found Instagram's Dollywood geo location page and the #LightningRod hashtag to be some of the best ways to keep up with LR's status. You just have to take into consideration the fact that many southerners think "lightning" is spelled "lightening."

Bless their hearts.

Yep, I've found Instagram's Dollywood geo location page and the #LightningRod hashtag to be some of the best ways to keep up with LR's status. You just have to take into consideration the fact that many southerners think "lightning" is spelled "lightening."

Bless their hearts.

Exactly. I check usually every day around 1 or 2 to see if there's any videos or pictures. Around 2:30 today I seen pictures of people in line. Twitter is sometimes handy, but not all the time.

I would never wait in line that long to ride any coaster. ever.

^Well that could be deceiving if they are only allowing small groups through the entrance at a time. The queue was empty in some pictures I saw today from inside the entrance.

Don't get too excited though. While the video is good, it's not nearly up to my standards. I only had one pass to shoot as I was there film the ride chassis and only filmed a quick POV as a reference. Still looks good, but is easily the shakiest POV I've ever put out. Just a heads up.

Just saw the POV...Looks awesome! So glad to finally have a decent POV.

Looks pretty freaking great, as expected.

Hopefully I'll have an excuse to make the drive later in the season, but my schedule is pretty much booked seven days a week!

Wow! That video is simply amazing! This thing is clearly going to be off the chain insane!

I've already paid for the Thrills in the Hills tickets for my son and I and now it's just a matter of when Dollywood reschedules that for! Can't wait to get on this finally (and with ERT, to boot!)

Very pretty, but kind of a bummer Upstop chose 4k over 60fps. Even with great internet, it's damn near impossible to watch any 4k content from start to finish without buffering. Very appreciative that we finally have a legit POV though

The video works fine on my end.

The only thing that bugs me with Upstop Media videos, and I say that because I know he's reading here, is the wide FOV that makes everything looks squished. And maybe the coloring that is a bit weird (like faded out), but that's cosmetic.

Other than that, it's a great video and I can't wait for the cinematic one (with bogie views and everything!). Thanks a lot, Scotty!