TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

All I was trying to say is that RMC should be a little more hands on when suggesting subcontractors to work on their projects. Even though Dollywood cheapened out on the launch mechanism, I'm guessing RMC still brought this to the table (amoung much more expensive options as well).

But thanks for actually arguing your viewpoint instead of telling me how stupid I am.

Stop speaking like you know what's going on behind the scenes... you literally have no idea...

All I was trying to say is that RMC should be a little more hands on when suggesting subcontractors to work on their projects. Even though Dollywood cheapened out on the launch mechanism ,I'm guessing RMC still brought this to the table (amoung much more expensive options as well).

But thanks for actually arguing your viewpoint instead of telling me how stupid I am.

Stop speaking like you know what's going on behind the scenes... you literally have no idea...

None of us have any idea. For all we know, DW could have spent as much money as possible with this ride. Most everything we've heard is rumor.

Edited by WOFanatic

All I was trying to say is that RMC should be a little more hands on when suggesting subcontractors to work on their projects. Even though Dollywood cheapened out on the launch mechanism ,I'm guessing RMC still brought this to the table (amoung much more expensive options as well).

None of us have any idea. For all we know, DW could have spent as much money as possible with this ride. Most everything we've heard is rumor.

Okay, then stop with the baseless speculation, you're only spreading misinformation...

Okay, then stop with the baseless speculation, you're only spreading misinformation...

Okay, that's fair.

She so eloquently encapsulates everything about this thread over the past three months.

Just had to restate this - love it and love TPR - even when we get into "two scoops of crazy mode."

David

Here's another video (up close and personal) from the first turn from the station to the launch I found from Twitter. You can hear the on board audio.

There is no on-board audio.

Well no not "on board" to be exact but there are revving sounds as soon as the train leaves the station all the way til it launches. The boxes you see on the side of the railing are speakers. Then there are front facing speakers under the cross over at the launch.

She so eloquently encapsulates everything about this thread over the past three months.

This. This times a thousand.

Makes me wonder though if right before this she heard someone say something like "good thing they got this open so RMC's credibility isn't further damaged"

Every video clip I see of people on it makes me want to somehow figure out a way to go back there this year (even if it's a solo trip) once it's up and running more reliably. This coaster just looks that good to me!!

To people who care but don't have ALL the info- this is being marketed as a RMC coaster - that has had LONG delays, and to those people who don't know ALL the details - they will think HUH...Those RMC people sure are having a hard time getting that new coaster working (or lumping it all under Dollywood for that matter.

But RMC's aren't some product sitting on a Walmart shelf. There aren't that many buyers in the roller coaster world, and you can bet all of them know a lot more about this type of situation than you seem to think.

From an outside perspective, RMC seems to have given the client what they asked for. Who knows what real promises were made or what has gone wrong - we still don't know the actual issue for pete's sake and probably never will. It's not our place to point fingers.

Bottom line is that coaster enthusiasts shouldn't get ahead of themselves with baseless speculation, especially when it comes to throwing around blame in situations like this one. I know it's something we all struggle with occasionally on casual chit chat forums.

I'm NOT a "Coaster Enthusiast" as suggested in a negative sense - Actually they're not my favorite feature of the park. I just saw where the original poster was coming from and couldn't believe how rude this forum was to someone making an observation.

"You seem to think" is a condescending statement. How do you know what I think? I never implied that I was" heading out to TARGET to get me one of those RMC Coaster things", nor was I implying that industry professionals aren't smart enough to know the complexity of projects like this.

I don know what promises were made or how the contract read, but I can only assume that it wasn't for "anytime within four months after March 18th" The park initially indicated that the ride would open at least CLOSE to the season opening - things happen - GOT IT, but it does seem that all the parties were not able to deliver what was the original plan. Not blaming anyone specifically - just saying this whole thing seems like it turned into a bit of a c-f*** of issues.

It's beginning to get to that point where it's just sad that the park is having so much trouble with the ride.

I would have love to see the comments and madness that would have taken place if these boards were alive during The entire year delay of Superman :The Escape

"This is really starting to hurt RMC's credibility" I can't breathe

LR is/was partially operational for guest so right there proves RMC did their job the coaster they designed can operate safely period. If you go out and buy an aftermarket part for your car, put it on your car and it blows the engine up you don't blame Toyota you blame the parts maker. Well that's the same thing here RMC had someone else do the launch system and they are to blame how hard is that to comprehend. Intamin has had many issues and delays from the use of outside suppliers and they continue on to make and still making some of the most noteworthy rides in the business. RMC right now is the hottest ticket in the industry trust their rep is still Golden people in the industry know that prototypes and new idea's may take a little work to get the kinks out and that the customer even though they may be disappointed will still be there once the kinks are worked out especially when you dealing with a coaster as amazing looking as Lightning rod trust Dollywood's guest are not outside the gates holding protest b/c LR isn't open and the industry isn't close to turning their backs on RMC smdh

Kind of disagree here - a lot of people would ultimately blame the car manufacturer. Most cars have parts and components made by other manufacturers anyway, but if you have mechanical issues with the TOYOTA you tell people "My Toyota sucks" you don't say, "That starter manufactured for Toyota by LIM Starters really blows" The whole is greater than the parts. To people who care but don't have ALL the info- this is being marketed as a RMC coaster - that has had LONG delays, and to those people who don't know ALL the details - they will think HUH...Those RMC people sure are having a hard time getting that new coaster working (or lumping it all under Dollywood for that matter.

I know I'd LOVE to work for Dollywood or some people on this forum for the amount of slack and "grace" you give for not getting the contracted work done on time. I'd love to be able to tell my boss when I turn in my completed work four months late "Hey - its innovative and never been done before. In a year after you read it lots of times you'll forget about all these delays!"

And to the original poster - wow sorry people on here are such jerks to you when you express your opinion.

So your going to blame Toyota for an AFTERMARKET part damaging your car and wonder why some say we are living in the age of effing idiots!!!

It's beginning to get to that point where it's just sad that the park is having so much trouble with the ride.

I would have love to see the comments and madness that would have taken place if these boards were alive during The entire year delay of Superman :The Escape

LR is/was partially operational for guest so right there proves RMC did their job the coaster they designed can operate safely period. If you go out and buy an aftermarket part for your car, put it on your car and it blows the engine up you don't blame Toyota you blame the parts maker. Well that's the same thing here RMC had someone else do the launch system and they are to blame how hard is that to comprehend. Intamin has had many issues and delays from the use of outside suppliers and they continue on to make and still making some of the most noteworthy rides in the business. RMC right now is the hottest ticket in the industry trust their rep is still Golden people in the industry know that prototypes and new idea's may take a little work to get the kinks out and that the customer even though they may be disappointed will still be there once the kinks are worked out especially when you dealing with a coaster as amazing looking as Lightning rod trust Dollywood's guest are not outside the gates holding protest b/c LR isn't open and the industry isn't close to turning their backs on RMC smdh

Kind of disagree here - a lot of people would ultimately blame the car manufacturer. Most cars have parts and components made by other manufacturers anyway, but if you have mechanical issues with the TOYOTA you tell people "My Toyota sucks" you don't say, "That starter manufactured for Toyota by LIM Starters really blows" The whole is greater than the parts. To people who care but don't have ALL the info- this is being marketed as a RMC coaster - that has had LONG delays, and to those people who don't know ALL the details - they will think HUH...Those RMC people sure are having a hard time getting that new coaster working (or lumping it all under Dollywood for that matter.

I know I'd LOVE to work for Dollywood or some people on this forum for the amount of slack and "grace" you give for not getting the contracted work done on time. I'd love to be able to tell my boss when I turn in my completed work four months late "Hey - its innovative and never been done before. In a year after you read it lots of times you'll forget about all these delays!"

And to the original poster - wow sorry people on here are such jerks to you when you express your opinion.

So your going to blame Toyota for an AFTERMARKET part damaging your car and wonder why some say we are living in the age of effing idiots!!!

The car argument is a good argument but it doesn't add up in this case. It's not like RMC sold this ride to Dollywood with blank track where the launch was supposed to be and said "Find someone to build a launch". RMC contracted this company to build the launch mechanism. If I bought a brand new car from Toyota and the engine didn't work, I wouldn't care who built what parts. I'd be pissed at Toyota for their neglegance towards who they hired to help build their cars.

Also, you're*. Number 1 Rule of the Internet: Don't make a grammar mistake while insulting someone's intelligence. I really don't like to be rude like this but this new trend of insulting each other over difference in opinion is getting out of hand.

It looks like Upstop Media has recorded the POV and is in the process of editing the video.

Can't wait! Nothing against shakycam but it'll be nice to see a professionally recorded one out there in the wild soon.

The car argument is a good argument but it doesn't add up in this case. It's not like RMC sold this ride to Dollywood with blank track where the launch was supposed to be and said "Find someone to build a launch". RMC contracted this company to build the launch mechanism. If I bought a brand new car from Toyota and the engine didn't work, I wouldn't care who built what parts. I'd be pissed at Toyota for their neglegance towards who they hired to help build their cars.

Also, you're*. Number 1 Rule of the Internet: Don't make a grammar mistake while insulting someone's intelligence. I really don't like to be rude like this but this new trend of insulting each other over difference in opinion is getting out of hand.

Thank you for:

1) seeing the point I was trying to make

2) Realizing you can agree(or disagree) with a person without being an a****le

3) knowing the proper use of the English language

Nice to know there are still some people on this forum with a modicum of respect and class.