Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 734 - Lightning Rod closed for remainder of 2020 season

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was a time in my life when I would have cared what Lightning Rod was made of.  So refreshing to give precisely zero effs. I just want to go to Dollywood and not worry about it being open! 

You mean because now it might feel like it's... rolling and... coasting and... open?

Posted Images

^ She to He: I TOLD you it'll never open! A-hole!

"Why'd we waste our money here when we could've went shopping?! You and your bright ideas! First wooden launched coaster my a$$! Come on, we're leaving now!"

Seriously though what's happening in that picture?

I can't believe there is an #itllneveropen movement. It reminds me of the Never Trump movement. The roller coaster is up and testing yet people still think that the ride won't open. Even Flying Turns opened... eventually, lol.

I'll know when it is opened because all the banter and complaining will stop in the forum lol

Only problem with this train of thought is...

...wait for it.

WAIT FOR IT!

WAIT FOR IT!!!

#youobviouslydontreadtheseforumsanddontevencomprehendhowpettyandinsignificantthetruebelieverscanbe

OH Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd!!!

#Itllneveropen

I can't believe there is an #itllneveropen movement. It reminds me of the Never Trump movement. The roller coaster is up and testing yet people still think that the ride won't open. Even Flying Turns opened... eventually, lol.

Especially with the fact that they may actually let a few people on it tomorrow and a chance of opening Tuesday/Wednesday looks good.

I may think it's dumb, but at least I can recognize a running joke when I see one...

Especially with the fact that they may actually let a few people on it tomorrow and a chance of opening Tuesday/Wednesday looks good.

You all tire me. The only problem with this kind of optimism is...

Blah. blah, blah... ...wait for it... ...Blah, blah, blah.

#Itllneveropen

Here is a quick video of the coaster going over the lift and 2nd hill. You can see the coaster is moving fine over the hills with a train of people. Wait until close to the end and you can see the coaster in the bottom of the screen on its way back to the station before going into the quadruple-down.

I think the countdown is on.....

coaster.MOV

I may think it's dumb, but at least I can recognize a running joke when I see one...

Hopefully Dollywood will play along and announce it's opening with something like #itllopentomorrow

Although that probably won't happen because as we are all aware...

#itllneveropen

My issue with the #itllneveropen is the fact that I have almost stopped coming to the Dollywood thread.. Everytime I log in I see 4 or 5 pages of hashtags that I personally don't find funny..

The real info and answers that people come here seeking are hidden between all this..

But hey for those having fun with it (which is only a handful of people, same people keep posting them over and over) have fun!

Looks like it will only be a few more days hopefully and will be open soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My issue with the #itllneveropen is the fact that I have almost stopped coming to the Dollywood thread.. Everytime I log in I see 4 or 5 pages of hashtags that I personally don't find funny..

The real info and answers that people come here seeking are hidden between all this..

But hey for those having fun with it (which is only a handful of people, same people keep posting them over and over) have fun!

Thank you. I was afraid I was the only one. It was mildly funny the first 47 times.

EDIT: Screamscape tweeted that the coaster may soft open today:

Fingers crossed.

I'm at the park again today, so I'll post any updates in case something happens. #ItMightOpen

No testing going on as of right now.

image.thumb.jpeg.012d5a497760876a6c5a5556efe068e3.jpeg

Here is a quick video of the coaster going over the lift and 2nd hill. You can see the coaster is moving fine over the hills with a train of people. Wait until close to the end and you can see the coaster in the bottom of the screen on its way back to the station before going into the quadruple-down.

I think the countdown is on.....

The surroundings do look so much better with all the foliage.

It's funny here and there, but theres literally 2 pages straight of nothing but #itllneveropen so its sorta worn itself dry on me.

It's funny here and there, but theres literally 2 pages straight of nothing but #itllneveropen so its sorta worn itself dry on me.

It was harmless until everyone felt the need to get in on the action.