TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

I think the launched lift is pointless and cool all at the same time.

A big kick in the butt up the lift hill and then airtime over the crest and into the drop... and then haul ass through the whole ride...

Forgive me, but how on earth do you find that pointless?

I think the launched lift is pointless and cool all at the same time.

A big kick in the butt up the lift hill and then airtime over the crest and into the drop... and then haul A$$ through the whole ride...

Forgive me, but how on earth do you find that pointless?

Exactly! This coaster is themed after a hot rod. I don't think a coaster that's themed after a hot rod would have a slow climb up a mountain, that just doesn't kick off "speed" to me. Plus the "Peel out" wouldn't make sense. To have the train "burn rubber" and speed up the hill just simply makes more sense for a 1950's hot rod themed coaster.

Dollywood are claiming that is is due to new technology, but it has been around for many years now and has never caused so many problems.

A new company is doing the launch (Velocity Magnets?) so actually it is new for them.

To me it looks way too fast in that video!

Seriously, it's almost like they're messing with us now.

Might be risky to open over Memorial Day Weekend. Huge crowds, and if something goes wrong, there will be quite a bit of backlash.

The disclaimer about it being closed is no longer on the website or the app, at least i couldn't find it.

It's still there.

Sad day, guess it just wasn't picking it up on my phone for some reason. I got all excited.