TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 734 - Lightning Rod closed for remainder of 2020 season

That makes me happy.

Just finished buying our season passes for our trip at the end of the month (we're going for two days so it made more sense this way). If LR isn't open by the 28th/29th, I'll be disappointed, but c'est la guerre. I'll still have fun and who knows, with the season pass, maybe I'll make a impromptu run down later in the year to get on it.

I still haven't decided if I want to do a season pass and visit on 2 (or more) non-consecutive days or just do the after 3pm thing to come back the next day. I guess I'd have to decide soon with the season pass price going up after March 13.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was a time in my life when I would have cared what Lightning Rod was made of.  So refreshing to give precisely zero effs. I just want to go to Dollywood and not worry about it being open! 

You mean because now it might feel like it's... rolling and... coasting and... open?

Posted Images

^If they're into chicks who are almost dead and half plastic...

I guess at 14 anything gets you 'excited.'

You should be forever banned from Dollywood for your hateful remark of our beloved Dolly! (I am assuming you were just joking) However, (If not), You should be banned from using plastic to put fake parts on your fake little car you use as your avatar.

It was just a joke. My wife has plastic parts on her and I'm fine with it.

And I put real parts on my real car, which is identical in form, save added parts, to the all wheel drive turbo charged really icon in my avatar. Thank you.

I just wanna say that I am very dissatisfied with Dollywood customer services so far.

I tried to purchase the season pass online and ALL my credit cards (5 of them) were declined. I'm assuming that's because they were issued in Brazil?

So I called their customer service and after 10 minutes on hold (let me remind you, they only have 1800 numbers, so I had to add skype credits to make that call), I was told that they can't process the season pass in 6 easy payments over the phone, only on their website - and their website won't take any of my credit cards!

What is the point in getting a massive new coaster if they can't even process a damn foreign credit card?

I just wanna say that I am very dissatisfied with Dollywood customer services so far.

I tried to purchase the season pass online and ALL my credit cards (5 of them) were declined. I'm assuming that's because they were issued in Brazil?

So I called their customer service and after 10 minutes on hold (let me remind you, they only have 1800 numbers, so I had to add skype credits to make that call), I was told that they can't process the season pass in 6 easy payments over the phone, only on their website - and their website won't take any of my credit cards!

What is the point in getting a massive new coaster if they can't even process a damn foreign credit card?

I know the website won't except cc on mobile devices. Log on the website from a computer or laptop.

This still have that tent structure at the top of the launch... are they keeping that or something? It's for wasp protection, but I just don't get how it works, or if they will build a roof on top or something like that

Yes, exactly! The pesky wasp that continue to vacation at Dollywood year after year and perch on top of Wild Eagle and Thunder Head and the other coasters, like the high altitudes. So with that being said, the thought is if you have a structure element that is taller than the actual coaster, well the wasp will see this and go to it instead of the coaster track. I'm sure we will be seeing the large triangle peaks being covered with something to theme it to an old road tunnel of the sort. After all, who wants a new coaster like LR to be shut down every day during the summer because of wasp?!

Hate the Wasp problem,but i guess that's just something the park cant control.Visited the park seven times last year and Wild Eagle was closed down two of them for the Wasp problem.Just hope Lightning Rod is open by my first planned visit in a couple of weeks!

This is a cool news story on all of the outfits at Dollywood. Can't wait to see what the Lightning Rod outfits look like!

http://interactive.tegna-media.com/video/embed/embed.html?id=71270310&site=51&station=tn-knoxville-WBIR-B3328&playerid=6918249996581&dfpid=7103&version=presto

Ha. "Jolene" is playing on the radio right now. Right on, Dolly!

I bet if this new structure with/for the wasps works out, they'll be poppin'

up all over the park. And maybe a few other parks who have a similar problem?

Great interview today. Not making any guarantees, but they report Lightning Rod "right on schedule" in the description. What is right on schedule? No one knows, but as of now, the park hasn't officially said it would be after Opening Day. I'd say the expectation should be for it not to be opening day to avoid too much disappointment. In the ambitious case it does open on Opening Day, we can all breathe a sigh of relief.

Its funny because most of the people freaking have no plans of being there opening weekend . . . or any weekend that soon afterwards.

^I'm "freaking out" because Dollywood has such a strong history of opening things on opening day that I already took work off to go to preview day and opening day. Plus I want to see Dolly and I assume she'll be there.

Its funny because most of the people freaking have no plans of being there opening weekend . . . or any weekend that soon afterwards.

Well I plan on being there opening weekend and the weekend after as well as a weekend in April so any official statement from the park would put some of the worry at rest. That being said I'm sure by April no matter how 'behind' they may be it will be open.