TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 766 - HeartSong resort announced!

If I ever saw a person wait 4-5 hours for FCE I would just look at them with a face saying "Why?". Yes don't get me wrong, fun coaster, but not worth the time that could be spent riding Wild Eagle around 20 times.

I rode Firechaser Express a couple times last time I went to Dollywood, but the lines got really long, so me and my cousin (an 8 year old girl who isn't afraid of any coaster) marathoned Wild Eagle for about an hour with no wait.

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I call this or what? Anyway, I did better side-by-side comparison for you.

Luckily any day now Lightning Rod is probably due to launch a wheel into a mountain or spontaneously combust or something so we can stop talking about covid...

^Lets be real...if you really wanna follow those guidelines you wouldn’t even be going to amusement parks. 

Posted Images

If I ever saw a person wait 4-5 hours for FCE I would just look at them with a face saying "Why?". Yes don't get me wrong, fun coaster, but not worth the time that could be spent riding Wild Eagle around 20 times.

You read that wrong. He said the wait got to 90 minutes between 4-5 in the afternoon.

45 minutes for Firechaser Express, yikes...

Also known as a "quiet day in Asia"

Most of my students would be really excited for lines like that board. I've seen waits of 30-60 mins for a pretty basic roller-skater here but then again it wasn't really designed with the capacity needed in mind for a park with the kind of attendance here especially since it's the only family roller-coaster outside a standard powered double helix. I think something like Firechaser would go down really well in family friendly Korea but I dread to think how big the lines would get.

Does anyone know if Dollywood has announced their 2016 operating schedule? I looked around online and didnt get an answer, so I am guessing not, but even your opinion as to when the park will open is appreciated. I saw that the park opened on March 21st in 2015, so is it pretty consistent every year? Opening the third Saturday of March?

Thanks!

I seen somewhere that the park opens on March 16th or 18th in 2016, so we have like around 2 and a half months until Lightning Rod opens. I just hope it's not one of those RMC's that gets a delayed opening. The winter here down south is supposed to be a late and heavy one. Which means heavy snow around Feb./March.

Does anyone know if Dollywood has announced their 2016 operating schedule? I looked around online and didnt get an answer, so I am guessing not, but even your opinion as to when the park will open is appreciated. I saw that the park opened on March 21st in 2015, so is it pretty consistent every year? Opening the third Saturday of March?

Thanks!

Dollywood 2016 operating schedule

I think that WHOLE area is about to burst at the seams - interesting that the fountain left and also the planter at the entrance to Craftsman Valley- opening up the flow a bit more. Moving the "Carol of the trees" to TH also looks like a strategic move to "clear the decks" Also looks like they were working on the bridge across the duck pond when we were there a few weeks ago - widening? Removing?

Went to Dollywood yesterday, Sunday December 20, and had a great time as always. Crowds were kind of light when we arrived around noon, but picked up significantly around 5. In fact the entire main parking lot was full.

Temps were cool with daytime highs only making it to about 45, and it was 37 when we left at park close. Crowds were heavy enough to be able to run more trains on the rides, however Firechaser Express only ran 2 trains all day, Mystery Mine only ran 3, and Thunderhead started with 2 trains, but dropped 1 around dark. Was this related to the colder weather? Thunderhead had a full queue after the train was dropped, and the other 2 rides kept 45 plus minute waits all day.

On a side note, we did the drive through Christmas lights at I-40 at exit 407 (The Parkway). Great syncronized light show that's worth a stop!

Had my first DW experience yesterday and just can not say enough good things about the place. My wife and I had an amazing time. Beautiful lights, rides are amazing, great food. Might be my favorite park I've visted besides Universal. Wild Eagle is a gem, my favorite of the three Wings I've ridden. We can't wait to com3 back to this unique place.

^ Glad to hear you had a fun time on your first visit, Chiristmas at Dollywood is always special. You should plan your next visit during the warmer months as to be able to hit up the water rides and get a completely different ( yet just as wonderful experience ) festivity wise. Oh, and don't forget, Lighting Rod will be broke in real nice by then!

It's going to be in the low 70s tomorrow during the day and upper 50s when the sun goes down. It looks like some storms might roll in at night, but all in all with the warm weather and outlook for a nice day tomorrow, it will likely be packed. It would be in your best interest to get there early and get a Q2Q. It is not only good for the rides, but the shows as well. And yes, the lights are up until the close of the season.

Have fun!

Yes, buzz is getting some refurbishment. I remember when he used to actually talk and interact with the kids. Then slowly just repeated phrases about the mine, then the audio quit one day I was at the park and was making a weird noise.

Anyway, I checked Instagram for any new pictures posted from employees of the construction site. While I didn't find any, I did find this. I'm assuming this is the hot rod that will sit outside of the station. I would assume they already have the other one inside of the que house/station being its nearly complete (exterior).

image.thumb.jpeg.b3ce3881f23927a97d7bced0c3ad4605.jpeg