TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

At first I couldn't figure out why the pov was nothing but a view of the lapbars... and then I realized when I lifted my phone and the pov changed what was really going on. What anumber awesome way to do a pov!!! And what an amazing coaster this is going to be. I know we already knew this, but the pov made it look even more awesome... as if that were possible.

Pov looks great! BTW is Dollywood always open the night of Thanksgiving? I just noticed they are this year.. Might stop by before black Friday shopping up in the area!! Lol

Nope...they started this year because of the DreamMore Resort...and uh, Dollywood employees are not happy about it.

Pov looks great! BTW is Dollywood always open the night of Thanksgiving? I just noticed they are this year.. Might stop by before black Friday shopping up in the area!! Lol

Nope...they started this year because of the DreamMore Resort...and uh, Dollywood employees are not happy about it.

I have to admit I would expect better from Dollywood. They really shouldn't be open on Thanksgiving.

I have to admit I would expect better from Dollywood. They really shouldn't be open on Thanksgiving.

Working in the entertainment industry most holidays aren't a reason to close. Sadly I will also be working on Thanksgiving at Kalahari.

Working in the entertainment industry most holidays aren't a reason to close. Sadly I will also be working on Thanksgiving at Kalahari.

Fair enough, but it seems to go against the "family value" heavy image they love to portray. It's a huge marketing angle for them. I'm actually pretty surprised by this move.

Yeah, at least Dollywood won't open until 4.. I know most parks that are open on days like Thanksgiving would open normal hours. When I worked retail I hated working Thanksgiving so I can feel the pain