TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

while at the park today, i went to check out the construction. on the largest support structure that's currently up, they have installed the steel beams that the track will most likely lay on. ( the one in the previously posted pictures that come's to a roof like point. ) the way the track looks to be going, is through an already framed out entrance near the top, " meaning the roof like shape, is a roof." a covered portion of this coaster will exist. even though it's not in the release video.

^I'm so glad that you noticed that. I always found it weird that the structure came to a point. I was hoping for some kind of tunnel element, but was thinking that it was probably just an unfinished bent. I am really happy to hear that it is in fact intentional and that there will be some sort of keyhole element there at the top. It should be thrilling as you are launching toward it. Should give some great head chopper effect as you launch over the crest.

Vonni,

It's pretty clear that prozach is just a miserable dude who loves to spread his angst and vitriol to all. Clearly the guy wanted to eat that literally every day, so I, for one, am glad that prozach is here to give him a reality check

Back on topic: fantastic trip report! Have to imagine that would be one of the best lift hills to get to climb/look around from!

I wasn't asking him in a negative or sarcastic way. I was asking him if him and his wife treated themselves to the cinnamon bread even though they are health conscious.

I'm just trying to think, and I know we haven't seen that much concept art of this coaster really, but I just don't get the roof effect. If the do put a roof over it at the top it's going to look a bit odd and not blend as well. Remember those old coasters in the 90's that had the roofs over top of their lifts? That's what comes to my mind. I mean the near miss head chopper sounds amazing. Anyway, The animation shows fly bys and bits and pieces of on/off ride, but not a solid look at everything. That's what I'm waiting on. Which we never really got to see the station design for Wild Eagle either until it was built. There isn't really a "theme" necessarily for WE's station, unlike FCE, MM, and now Lightning Rod.

Like many others, I also noticed that the construction pics seem to indicate a roof of some type at the top of the launched lift hill. I think it would be awesome if the two humps at the top of the lift were covered in a wooden tunnel. That would make the moment when you re-emerge into the light and scream down the first huge drop absolutely insane. I wonder what their plans are. I guess time will tell. Maybe there will just be outhouse-sized shacks on the top of those first two humps to indicate.....uhm......nipples.

In regards to the roof looking supports at the top of the lift hill...

Do we think it is possible we might see a tunnel launch on this coaster?? Having most, if not all of the launch hill enclosed?? Just guessing here, but trying to make sense out of the unique supports at the top of the hill.

I agree a tunnel is not going to happen or else we would already know. However, there is a long tunnel through the mountain on the way into Gatlinburg, which is a gateway into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, so it would have been a cool and very appropriate addition. But really this coaster doesn't need it. It is going to be so awesome just as it is....the quadruple down (and the airtime it promises) is the part I am most excited about. Perhaps this will be the best wooden coaster ever!

That's funny! I brought up the idea of a tunnel on the launch about a week ago and it apparently was in the plans the whole time, I believe someone said me bringing up the idea was complaining? idk i'm glad its happening though.

I agree a tunnel is not going to happen or else we would already know. However, there is a long tunnel through the mountain on the way into Gatlinburg, which is a gateway into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, so it would have been a cool and very appropriate addition. But really this coaster doesn't need it. It is going to be so awesome just as it is....the quadruple down (and the airtime it promises) is the part I am most excited about. Perhaps this will be the best wooden coaster ever!

That's funny! I brought up the idea of a tunnel on the launch about a week ago and it apparently was in the plans the whole time, I believe someone said me bringing up the idea was complaining? idk i'm glad its happening though.

You were right, blakelemay23!!!! I am so happy that you were correct.

I said the lack of tunnel is the closest thing someone ever got to complaining about an RMC

^ Prozach, I understand that you and your wife are very health conscious. Did you two indulge in the Cinnamon Bread, or any other of the unhealthy popular options at DW? I'm just curious.

Honestly, we missed the boat. I don't know what the hell we were doing, but we've since discovered that there were entire sections of the park that we didn't see. I think that even includes this 'auto' themed area where LR is being built. I messed up and didn't do enough research ahead of time, because I missed the bread completely.

That being said, park days are kind of cheat days for us. We eat healthy/paleo during the day, but we top off the evenings with terrible (delicious) food and adult beverages. I ate one of the giant pieces of pizza which was decent, but I missed out on the cinnamon bread. Next time for sure.

^ It is just wishful thinking, but as i've mentioned before, the speed, track length, and ride duration they've given us doesn't come anywhere close to being possible (not even by estimation). My theory makes it fit. Not to mention Dollywood representatives visited Europa Park. In my opinion, that makes it quite plausible.