TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

One thing I'm still trying to figure out, is how the station, and queue, are going to fit in with what's already there. Given the fact that the Cas Walkers space isn't really large all on it's own, I think there is going to be expansion into other areas. Not being familiar with Dollywood from having actually been there, I'm trying to rely on Google Earth, and Street View, to figure it out. Getting back to the layout Robb posted back on page 128 (WAY back when!), it shows the station, and what appears to be either a queue house or gift shop area in front of that. The latter almost appears to be a recreation of the Cas Walker's building, for this new purpose. But the station would then be sticking out, where the road currently is back there... What I'm wondering, is if there has been any indication that the Pines Theater is getting removed, or at least that the portion of it directly next to where Cas Walker's was is getting annexed for use as the station. From what I could see of the station building in that layout posted previously, it almost appears to be that same building, at least based on the outward look... Thoughts?

You are going to love the story line and the finished station. Y'all will love the queue and the pre-ride experience. We will release some assets soon, but you'll have to be patient for a while.

That launch seems to be in there for the sake of having a launch has it doesn't really do much.

I'll take my DW hat off. As an enthusiast (250+ coaster count) that is an interesting quote..... a 45 MPH LSM launch up a 200+ foot lift hill? I'd say expediting a lift with a launch that no one has ever done before is self evident.

Agreed. I don't think many people on this planet share his opinion.

Edited by ernierocker

This. Looks. Amazing.

lightning_rod_twist_and_shout.jpg

OMG! That looks so freaking awesome and kind of scary....lol. This amazing picture makes me wonder if anyone knows the height difference from the top of the quadruple down to the bottom, as it looks rather substantial in this picture and if I am understanding correctly, it comes at the end of the ride. That makes for one hell of a finale.

That is mid-track, Alan calls that the "Twist and Shout" the Quadruple Down is further down the ride. There is an airtime hill before that and then a non-inversion half loop.

It looks to me like that quad down will be right in that strip of cleared land that we have all been seeing in the most current set of photos.

I say current, but it's now like a hundred pages back.

EDIT

Speaking of photos, did they by chance do any kind of a press event walk back through the construction?

That is mid-track, Alan calls that the "Twist and Shout" the Quadruple Down is further down the ride. There is an airtime hill before that and then a non-inversion half loop.

No, that's the quadruple down.

trust me, it's the twist and shout.

Hmm, I don't know, that pannel is kinda misleading then:

(Picture from this topic)

It says the Twist'n'Shout is the outward banked (not 90°) bunny hop.

^Please stop arguing with the one guy that would know.

Pete is being kind enough to share details about the new ride with us, we really do not need our members trying to disprove him.

Edited by ernierocker

^Please stop arguing with the one guy that would know.

Pete is being kind enough to share details about the new ride with us, we really do not need our members trying to disprove him.

Ha-ha exactly, they are arguing with probably one of the only few people that works for Dollywood that would know 100% of the details.

This entire ride looks awesome!! Been excited about it for months! I'll be there several times opening week trying to ride it!

At the risk of offending people for wanting to discuss things, I still think the image is the quad down. Otherwise, the coaster has two sections of quadruple downs? Also, according to the diagram, the twist and shout occurs during a crossover, which is not in the image. In the TPR video, I think the Twist and Shout is at the 0:52 mark.

In any case, I think we're all just way excited and who cares who is right or wrong. I just wanna ride!

This. Looks. Amazing.

lightning_rod_twist_and_shout.jpg

OMG! That looks so freaking awesome and kind of scary....lol. This amazing picture makes me wonder if anyone knows the height difference from the top of the quadruple down to the bottom, as it looks rather substantial in this picture and if I am understanding correctly, it comes at the end of the ride. That makes for one hell of a finale.

Thank you so much for responding and clarifying. I appreciate the information and am so excited about this ride!!!

Wow... My mind has been blown now, realizing that what I thought was the quad-down in the awesome picture, is actually an entirely different element! This thing just keeps getting better and better!

Could somebody still clarify for me if the station is being built right where Cas Walker's was? I can tell in the layout picture where the service road goes underneath the tracks but I'm still trying to place the station and queue/gift shop precisely...

So there are 3 RMC's in the works for next year already. Do you guys think they could take on a fourth for a six flags park (maybe Roar)?

Roar is the third.

Next year I think RMC is going to shift their focus to Cedar Fair. I've heard that Knott's Berry Farm and Kings Dominion could be getting one.

If only Dollywood weren't 10 hours from me, I think I'd be there the second this thing opened. As it is...definitely within the next couple of years. This layout looks a lot like Outlaw Run's in the best possible ways, and has all the potential to be....

BEST. COASTER. EVER.