TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

I'll be at the park on Monday, July 21st. Does anyone have any tips for a first timer at Dollywood? How will the lines be on a Monday in July?

Most importantly... does the park serve beer?

Thanks.

Not entirely sure about how the lines will be. I'd say that the earlier you get there the better off you will be though because I believe a good portion of people will be coming in later to take advantage of the after dark rides and fireworks. I do know that they do not serve any alcohol in the park though.

Hello Dollywood experts

I'm on a road trip and will be visiting the park tomorrow. It's been over a decade since the last time I was there. I have a couple of questions:

1. Do they have single rider lines?

2. Has anyone here used their Q2Q system? It seems surprisingly cheap (only $20 for tomorrow), so does it have some limitations I'm not seeing? Or can you reserve multiple rides at the same time?

^Dollywood's Q2Q is a deal. I always get it when I go to the park. Unless it's dead or I am with Alana's father. In which case he has an ADA card, and uses a rental Little Rascal.

The way their's works is, you can start your queing time for your next ride as soon as you are checked in on your current ride. But while you are getting the Q2Q, you can reserve all your show times immediately.

It's a really great deal. They often sell out.

Hey guys, I don't hang around here too often anymore, but I am finding myself in need of some advice and pointers as I make my first trip to Dollywood next month. We're staying in Pigeon Forge Saturday Aug 16th through Tuesday the 19th. My two choices for days to go to the park are Sunday or Monday. I'm assuming Monday would be less crowded and the better option? Also, how busy is the park this time of year and what are the lines like? Should I look into getting a Q-Bot? Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Just read some of the previous posts and had some questions answered, anything would be great though!

Hey guys, I don't hang around here too often anymore, but I am finding myself in need of some advice and pointers as I make my first trip to Dollywood next month. We're staying in Pigeon Forge Saturday Aug 16th through Tuesday the 19th. My two choices for days to go to the park are Sunday or Monday. I'm assuming Monday would be less crowded and the better option? Also, how busy is the park this time of year and what are the lines like? Should I look into getting a Q-Bot? Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Just read some of the previous posts and had some questions answered, anything would be great though!

Monday will definitely be a better day, and during the busy Summer season I would spring for a Q2Q without hesitation. Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned here in this thread, be sure to get the cinnamon loaf at the Grist Mill. I hear good things about it.

How quick does the Q2Q sell out? Should I reserve it before hand or should there still be some available if I get there when the gates open? Also, is there anywhere to get discounted single day admission tickets?

this is the Dollywoods discounts/Special Offers page...

www.dollywood.com/Deals/Special-Offers.aspx

You can reserve a Q-bot in advance if you want, on their website.

So I'll be hitting up Dollywood here in 18 days for FireChaser Express on our way to our family vacation in Charleston and I have a few questions. It'll just be an afternoon into evening run to the park with the intention of nabbing FireChaser Express and spending one of the last Great American Summer nights getting in night rides on Wild Eagle and Thunderhead. My family was planning to let me just take the trolley to the park (assuming they don't want to do the Titanic Museum which I recommend for them). We did this back in 2012 but from Pigeon Forge. This time we'll be doing it from Gatlinburg. We're staying at Gatlinburg Inn and from there I need to figure out how to take the trolley. Looking at the website, it says I need to take the pink line trolley, but I'm a bit lost.

My questions:

*Where is the Gatlinburg Mass Transit Center and what does it look like?

*How long does it take to get to the park on the trolley?

*How reliable are these?

*How early do I need to show up to the transit center to catch the trolley?

I used to take public transportation to and from school before I got my license so I have some idea of what I'm doing, but Dayton's bus system seems to have had a better schedule than the Gatlinburg trolleys.

While I'm asking questions, how would one go about saving on Dollywood tickets?

*How reliable are these?

I can't totally answer your questions, but I can tell you that we usually park at Patriots Park and catch the trolley from there. It starts running 30 minutes before Dollywood opens for the day, I think it either runs every 15 or 30 minutes. The trolleys are pretty reliable from my experience to and from Patriots Park and we have never had to wait too long at Dollywood to pick one up to take us back.

Dollywood discounts are far and few between but you can find some on the side of local coke cans, the side of local McDonald's cups, or some AAA offices provide a discount.

My questions:

*How reliable are these?

The Gatlinburg Transit Center is located on the side of Ripley's Aquarium along the street. You'll notice the awnings, benches and such. All trolley lines in town converge here. The trolley system is very reliable as long as there isn't a huge amount of traffic, which obviously affects them too. During the later evening, I don't foresee there being many people taking the Pink Line, as its only busy during the early morning hours. If I recall correctly, the trolley runs only once an hour to Dollywood, so be prepared for that. I believe its on the :15 every hour, but you may want to check with the driver to confirm and plan around that, as I've see people sit and wait an hour for the Gatlinburg trolley because they didn't know when it ran, which wouldn't be fun.

Going to the park this next Monday. Should crowds be reasonable? I don't think we're going for the Q2Q thing.

Crowds should be light to moderate. I always caution people to go see how long lines are before purchasing a q-bot, as it may not be necessary. The Q2Q people will tell you if lines are long if you ask, but DW ride lines are nothing compared to most other parks with 15-30 minutes being the average.

So I'll be hitting up Dollywood here in 18 days for FireChaser Express on our way to our family vacation in Charleston and I have a few questions. It'll just be an afternoon into evening run to the park with the intention of nabbing FireChaser Express and spending one of the last Great American Summer nights getting in night rides on Wild Eagle and Thunderhead. My family was planning to let me just take the trolley to the park (assuming they don't want to do the Titanic Museum which I recommend for them). We did this back in 2012 but from Pigeon Forge. This time we'll be doing it from Gatlinburg. We're staying at Gatlinburg Inn and from there I need to figure out how to take the trolley. Looking at the website, it says I need to take the pink line trolley, but I'm a bit lost.

My questions:

*How reliable are these?

I used to take public transportation to and from school before I got my license so I have some idea of what I'm doing, but Dayton's bus system seems to have had a better schedule than the Gatlinburg trolleys.

About the trolley....

A trolley leaves the Gatlinburg Welcome Center for Patriots Park in Pigeon Forge about every 20 minutes. Trolleys from Patriots Park to Dollywood run nearly constantly from my experience. I think they advertise that they run every 20 minutes, but I've never waited more than 10. From Patriots Park to DW is a very short hop via Teaster Lane, Veterans Blvd. and the old Dollywood Lane entrance to the park.

This option may cost you another 75 cents, but might be better than sitting and waiting an hour to ride straight from Gatlinburg to DW.

Also, a few hotels offer shuttles to and from DW. (Didn't know about this until last year.) The one we stayed at (it had Creek in the name is about all I remember) took us when we were ready to go, and picked us up within 30 minutes of calling for a ride back.

Alright, thanks guys! We've decided to just drop me at the park since it sounds like a bit of a hassle but thanks!

I'll be going on Saturday the 2nd from 3-close. Will I need a Q-bot and can I get FireChaser Express reserved through that Q-bot? All I REALLY want to do is nab that FireChaser credit and get night rides on Wild Eagle and Thunderhead, maybe Tennessee Tornado and FireChaser. And can you reserve them through the website? If not, will I still be able to get one at 3?

Alright, thanks guys! We've decided to just drop me at the park since it sounds like a bit of a hassle but thanks!

I'll be going on Saturday the 2nd from 3-close. Will I need a Q-bot and can I get FireChaser Express reserved through that Q-bot? All I REALLY want to do is nab that FireChaser credit and get night rides on Wild Eagle and Thunderhead, maybe Tennessee Tornado and FireChaser. And can you reserve them through the website? If not, will I still be able to get one at 3?

You are going to want to buy the Q-bot online ahead of time, because every time I have been on a weekend they are gone by 12 o'clock.

You are going to want to buy the Q-bot online ahead of time, because every time I have been on a weekend they are gone by 12 o'clock.

Think I'll do that! Thanks!

My only concern is whether or not I'll need it.

My only concern is whether or not I'll need it.

I have never actually used the Q-bot since we go over ten times a year but most rides lines will be 45 minutes plus. And if you get it you will also get to do barnstormer, daredevil falls etc.

Think I'm going to go for it! Just need the parents to confirm by booking the hotel and we're cool! And if anybody wants to meet me there, hit me up! It'll be from 3 to close.

FireChaser Express is on the Q-bot. From what you are saying, your main priority is getting your FireChaser credit and then taking advantage of the extra hours. If $23 dollars is worth knowing you will not have to wait in a likely hour+ line, then definitely buy it. The lines will likely thin out as the night goes on, but you will be able to use your Q-bot to manage the lines before then.