TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

Maybe I was just looking in the wrong places. I mean, the theming is wonderful in all of their attractions. I don't know why, but I always felt like something was missing from their theming. I can't put my finger on it either. It felt like there was something I didn't know, but everybody else did.

Went to Dollywood today for my first time and I absolutely loved it! What a great park. I've heard good things about it, but I was just really impressed with everything.The park was dead so everything was a walk-on. All the park staff were really helpful and friendly. The food was great! Loved the cinnamon bread! The only bad thing was that Wild Eagle was closed until 5 for bees. I really enjoyed every coaster there. I got on Tennessee Tornado 3 times, the smoothest Arrow looping coaster I've been on. Mystery Mine was my 75th coaster and also my first Euro-fighter, I rode it 7 times. Really really enjoyed it and loved all the themeing! Got to ride Thunderhead 3 times. Best time was at night, it was so much fun to ride, definitely one of my favorite woodies now. Wild Eagle is my 2nd wing coaster and I still can't decide whether it is better than Gatekeeper or not. I want to say yes because I just couldn't stop laughing, Gatekeeper did not give me the same feeling.

As for FireChaser, lots of concrete was being poured today. Wish I had taken my camera to get some good pictures.

All in all, I just had a really great time there today and can't wait to go back!

Yea for some reason I like wild eagle much more than Gatekeeeper, on paper gatekeeper is the better ride but Wild eagle just flows better to me. I brought this question up to my girlfriend and she said "maybe because your not looking at a parking lot". This could be true, the mountain setting and the view coming over that lift hill are just beautiful. It doesn't hurt that it is in Dollywood and I am a lot happier when I am there, opposed to Cedar Point.

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to locate a ride layout plan for mystery mine. I do not know the ride that well as I have never been on it.

So if anyone could quickly draw up a line drawing of the attraction marking blocks, station locations for how many trains are there and the mechanics area that would be a real help!

I agree with what everyone saying about Wild Eagle being the best because of it's spectacular location. Dollywood would be a great theme park in ANY location, but the fact that it is nestled in the smoky mountains insures its place among the ranks of the best theme parks in the US.

I just found out that one of my cousins moved to Tennessee. Like I needed another excuse to visit and stop by Dollywood.

That depends, is making out with your cousin a good reason to come out to Tteenneessee? I mean, it would make sense, everyone else does it around here.

As we like to say here in the South. "You gotta purdy mouth boy!"

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to locate a ride layout plan for mystery mine. I do not know the ride that well as I have never been on it.

So if anyone could quickly draw up a line drawing of the attraction marking blocks, station locations for how many trains are there and the mechanics area that would be a real help!

This looks horrible, but it should help...

Orange is the track that's less visable. Purple are the two outside blocks. The lifts are marked. Storage/maintenance is under the station. There's a small section of track at the back of the station that uses a scissor-lift to lower or raise the trains to/from the maintenance area. I think there's room for three trains (really they're 8-person cars) down there, which means that four have to be on the course during operations. Hope that helps some.

298076044_mysteryminelayoutplan.thumb.jpg.8c62da11495b08df00b03c61553c78e0.jpg

I think there's room for three trains (really they're 8-person cars) down there, which means that four have to be on the course during operations. Hope that helps some.

Good illustration and close! Mystery Mine can operate with three cars, there is room for four on the maintenance spur.

Also, Dollywood has put together this video about park employees who volunteer their time in their local communities. It really brings to light the park's intention of theming Firechaser not just to firemen, but all who serve in their own way.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I think there's room for three trains (really they're 8-person cars) down there, which means that four have to be on the course during operations. Hope that helps some.

Good illustration and close! Mystery Mine can operate with three cars, there is room for four on the maintenance spur.

Thanks again! I can never have enough 'useless' info about DW!

ImagineerJohn - Here's some great pics of MM during construction, before the walls were put in.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/dollywood2007/sept9_2006.htm

It sounds like Thunderhead was down last Friday, does anyone know if it re-opened at all last weekend? Obviously these things are impossible to predict but I'm hoping they have it running this weekend since we'll be making our first trip to the park.

It did open eventually. We experienced a very early snow/ice storm last week and the temps never got high enough to melt all the ice off Thunderhead's track until Sunday. It should be good to go this weekend.