TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 771: Onsite employee housing under construction at Dollywood

I have got to where I don't even take my cell phone in anymore. I see one lost every visit. Normally on mystery mine, because it is so slow while upside down. I don't want to risk losing anything

Debit card and Gold Pass is all I need. Everything else stays locked in the car.

I used to use lockers but I always lost all the quarters on the rides HAHAHA so I could never lock them back. (I guess I could leave the quarters inside locked up but thats to easy)

I always try to make sure my pants or shorts have a zipper pocket on them to safely keep any loose articles. Losing my keys on S:ROS at sfne, in turn sitting in an empty parking lot for my dad to drive 2 hrs with the spare, tought me a lesson I will never forget. Always keep a spare key somewhere in the car and always wear clothing with zipper pockets. I've always joked that I was going to start a clothing line catered to coaster enthusiasts with all zipper pockets.

I usually majorly geek out when I go to parks. I generally wear both a theme park t-shirt and baseball cap. In addition to this, I have a Diamondback drawstring backpack that I've thrown into the outfit. In addition to being something I can keep common on every park trip to denote my home park, it is handy because it can hold anything and everything you might need for the day and can fit into any locker. I usually just throw it into a ride cubby (you can at Dollywood) and it eliminates any need you have to use your pockets. The only issue I have is usually my hat. I remember to bag it 99% of the time but last time I rode The Beast I wore my Millennium Force hat onto the ride. Luckily I caught it and wrapped the Velcro adjuster strap around my wrist. I honestly prefer having a bag because you can carry a lot with you and don't have to worry about losing stuff on rides. And on case of rides like Flight of Fear or Iron Dragon where everything rides with you, I can just loop one of the drawstrings around my leg and I'm good to go!

Just how I manage my stuff...

From the Silver Dollar City Discussion Thread...

SDC is sending out surveys via email and shared at SDCfans

A rework of Geyser Gulch themed to a fireworks factory

Then take a look at this...

db_2013_0325_Dollywood2014Sign1.jpg.0c19543494f81e583ffeb616a13bc354.jpg

Anyone else see the similarities? This is totally possible for the Adventure Mountain site. It brings family rides to the thrill area of the park and could use the former Adventure Mountain towers for the play areas and such. Also, this is a good addition of a kiddie play area since Dreamland Forest was lost for Barnstormer.

Not only that but the theming could work... such as patriotic going with Wild Eagle across the midway, dynamite going with those in Mystery Mine, and finally creating an access point to the top of the mountain (the train loop) for that rumored dynamite/moonshine launch coaster whenever they develop that up there.

I honestly think you could be right about that. Though correct me if I'm wrong, but Adventure Mountain was built on very steep terrain. If I'm wrong then I think this is what we get. And if they want to announce it at Boomsday again they could. The only thing that would lead me away from thinking that this is practically confirmed is the footers. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see a small Zierer VD coaster go in with this.

^The new ride is not going to be announced during Boomsday. We already know the new ride is going to have a large entertainment building and there is going to be quite a bit of excavation. So, that doesn't necessarily rule out the fireworks idea below, but I wouldn't go by the terrain currently there and rule out anything.

^The new ride is not going to be announced during Boomsday. We already know the new ride is going to have a large entertainment building and there is going to be quite a bit of excavation. So, that doesn't necessarily rule out the fireworks idea below, but I wouldn't go by the terrain currently there and rule out anything.

I think if you read between the lines here a little bit we actually do know that it will in no way shape or form have a fireworks theme because if the new ride were to be themed to fireworks then there is no way the announcement wouldn't be at Boomsday, ya know since it's a fireworks show and all.

Can't wait to see what they have in store here, Dollywood has really put together some fantastic attractions these past couple of years.

When I saw the post regarding the Silver Dollar City survey on this Fireworks attraction, my initial thought was "This is either a red herring to throw off people speculating on the AM replacement, or it is exactly what Dollywood is planning." However-based on the terrain they are working with on the old AM site as well as the area said to be covered by this project (from over by Mystery Mine down to the area near the Tornado) I'm not so sure this is the 2014 plan for Dollywood. Really interested to see how this all pans out.

Fireworks Factory is one of the options from the SDC survey, but according to Screamscape, there are two other themes as well...

(snip)....one based on Firefighters, one on Balloon flight (not sure if this is a Samba Tower flat ride or something else) and another involving a trip through a Fireworks Factory. The Fireworks Factory concept involved a few concepts, including an indoor climb/play structure themed as the inside of the Fireworks Factory as well as the family sized 85 foot shot ‘n drop tower ride called the Pyro Power Test Tower, as well as other family or kiddie rides called Spinning Sparkler and Rocket Racers. All together the area is said to feature a total of 5 rides.

Further details and possible screen captures from the survey are expected to show up soon for the two other concepts so stand by.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/silver_dollar_city.htm

I could see Firefighters and the fire towers you see in the Smokies being incorporated in to "a land" or area. The themeing of whats left of A.Mtn already has that themeing on it. AM was built in honor of the Smokies 75th anniversary. I'm still not sure though...i can envision all types of scenarios, but what will they do? I was looking at the Zamperla website last night, making my wishlist Whatever it is for 2014 won't be the end of this area, it will take some time to develop up to the upper loop.

Make sure you check the park times. Although, I believe the park is done being open late for the summer, sometimes the get in "free" the next day when you buy your tickets after "3" actually changes to "4".. I think last year, it was also after 4 for the Christmas stuff.. An hour is no biggie BUT I have had friends arrive at 3:30 trying to get this deal only to find out the next day their ticket wasn't good because it was a "4" oclock day before according to park staff.

Like I said, I believe the park reverts to "fall" hours starting this week so the "three o'clock" deal should be good until their Christmas stuff starts

**Please note, I always purchase season passes so the 4:00 information is what I have heard happen to friends. I have never tried to use the next day free promotion.. I just thought it was worth mentioning**

^I agree, I think it could be the hotel. Maybe not on the site of AM, but somewhere else. What else could be their "Biggest Announcement Ever?" I really don't think that announcing a ride of any kind at this point with as little construction as we've seen will be their biggest ever. Plus, did anyone look at the URL? DestinationDollywood...? I think we might be seeing the announcement of the hotel/resort in a few days.