TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

This is EXACTLY what should go into Psyclones old spot at SFMM. It would fit the theme, it's family oriented. Valencia get's hot as hell in the summer. Hope Shapiro is taking notice, plus $5 million is deffinatly on the cheap side for a new "family" attraction.

Oooo I'm even more excited after seeing the art! Didn't Dollywood announcre a few years back that they were going through a masterplan involving a new major attraction every year? I wonder how far along they are in this, they just keep rolling out awesome concepts.

i have to ask, does Dollywood need yet ANOTHER water ride?while it does look like it could be fun, and it looks interesting i feel Dollywood have enough water rides as it is.i was really hoping of a nice flat ride of some sort.but im sure this will do well(though i can see this being a very slow line mover).

i however am super glad to hear of the connection between timber canyon and craftsman valley.i wonder where the connections will come out at?

^No actually she is just a minority owner of Dollywood. Most of the money comes from Herschend Family Entertainment Company. They money will come from where it normally does -- a bank note. Honestly this is a normal "cap" for the park.

i have to ask, does Dollywood need yet ANOTHER water ride?

The park did lose the County Fair log flume a few years ago so I don't think one more water ride will hurt them.

Well ya know they also have that new HUGE log flume. What is it called, Shotgun Falls?

^ They have Daredevil Falls, but it's their old mine ride, meets log flume, meets chute-the-chutes type ride, but I guess it's closer to a log flume than anything.

Ya I would call it that too since it's maker O.D. Hopkins specifies it as one of their logflumes

I actually really like that Herchend adds a lot of water rides to their park. When I was a t SDC, Waterworks,Geyser Gulch, Lost river of the Ozarks were a lot of fun, and drastically reduce the lines for the coasters.

When the park opened , a huge line of people went for wildfire, and we were in the back of the group, and we were upset b/c we were going tto have to wait a looong time, but then you could hear aeveryone say, hey lets do American Plunge First, so we got 2 front row rides in about 10 minutes.

Also WIldfire ops are really slow!

Hmm. Anyone else see a fight breaking out? Bring shot in the face by a fellow rafter doesnt sound too pleasant.

Thats why SFOG's water cannons that you can shoot thunder river riders with are so far away from TR's exit.

But If they can keep up the operations on this ride, it will be another uniqe, fun and crowd peasing ride for Dollywood. Not that any of the rides at Dollywood aren't like that.

Yeah, it's another water ride, but at least it's unique. Speaking of, since there are going to be targets, I wonder if some kind of score will be kept?

Now that would be cool.