TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^ Wait... Cedar Point has a new coaster? Seriously, i understand that. Dollywood has always been in the wings of the coaster world, until Thunderhead. It's nice to see them follow that up with a solid attraction, and expanding that area. Once they get the park a full circle it'll be great!

-james dillaman

^ Wait... Cedar Point has a new coaster? Seriously, i understand that. Dollywood has always been in the wings of the coaster world, until Thunderhead. It's nice to see them follow that up with a solid attraction, and expanding that area. Once they get the park a full circle it'll be great!

-james dillaman

Yeah, Dollywood is one great inverted-coaster and one Intamin hyper-coaster away from being one of "the" coaster parks to go to anywhere in the world.

Unless they get an Aquatrax which will make them hands down the greatest place in the universe.

Dollywood is a place of themeing but I have to say how much they raised the bar. None of their rides have alot of theming specificall for that ride but MM is different. The detial is extrordinary and the "broken support" beams are genious. When the theming and landscape is finished, it might not even matter if it is a good coaster because it is great to look at!

I really wonder what happens inside the mine building besides the lifthill and major drop. Hopefully there is more that just the exit out of the sation and the drop because they have the potential to do alot in there.

I don't know if this was directed towards me or not but I did know that there are effects going inside...what I'm saying is that I hope the effects are just the screen above the major lift and a few giant mechanical machines used for theming. Dollywood isn't the type of park to slack off on any type of theming so I don't think this will be an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Dollywood will be expanding its virtual queuing system ("Q2Q") to rides in 2007:

www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

Park News - (2/26/07) Lo-Q has announced that they have signed a deal with Dollywood after last year’s successful test to roll out a full system into the park in time for opening day on March 31st. This will be the first full installation of the VQ2020 System into any park which will allow for simultaneous reservations of shows and rides. The system will be used on eight Dollywood rides in 2007, including the new Mystery Mine, Dollywood Express steam locomotive as well as several shows throughout the park. Dollywood will likely market it under the same name.

It will be interesting to see how this works out, considering there is never a significant wait for any ride in the park - even during the peak season. Smoky Mountain Rampage and Thunderhead get longer waits, but that's about it.

Hi everyone...just wanted to share that screamscape has posted some cool pics of the rock facade of Mystery Mine. There are some great close ups of the cave as well as some of the inside of the que line! Check it out at http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm

I am getting more and more anxious as the days go by. Will anyone be going on opening weekend or April 13th that can take some pictures?