TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

One thing i noticed in the video. As it switches to the POV of the vertical lift housed inside the main building you see a dark sky, birds flying over head and lightning striking a sign that covers the hole (supposed to look like an escape route i guess.

Anywho, i reckon that's a screen that actually play's that as you are going up. which is just ingenious, i hope there are more things like that inside.

I hope that hasn't been said before but i'm not going to read every comment on all 32 pages hehe.

From what I was told while at the park, yeah its just a rumor, but it is suppose to be a lit fuse going up on both sides of the wall as you are going up the lift hill that causes an explosion (seen in the video) at the top of the lift hill then it is suppose to be an explosion as you exit the building (kinda goes together after looking at the track and how it looks like the train will be a flying object coming from an explosion). But that information isnt confirmed by anyone just what was said when talking to an employee

I just got my reply from Dollywood.

Thank you for your interest in Dollywood. Mystery Mine, our new $17.5 million steel coaster, is set to open this spring on Friday, April 13, 2007. Please visit www.mysterymine.com for updates and the latest news on Mystery Mine.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. Our information phone number is 1(800)DOLLYWOOD or 1(800)365-5996 or you can access our website at www.dollywood.com. We hope you can visit us in the Smoky Mountains and at Dollywood soon.

Sincerely,

Danielle Stamper

Internet Customer Service Representative

The Dollywood Company

I guess I'll be going down there that weekend then.

There is a new video on the Mystery Mine site that has an interview with a designer from Gerstlauer as well as some nice shots of the construction site: http://www.dollywood.com/mmine/progress07.htm

Also I was snooping around the site a little bit and found the music that will be played in the que for Mystery Mine: http://www.dollywood.com/mmine/mmine-qmusic.mp3

I kinda like the way they incorporate details in the story of MM (the dangers of whistling in a mine) into the que music.

^ What did you find? The link won't work for me!

There was a typo in the address; try this link:

Also they have posted new "official" contruction pictures on the Mystery Mine webiste: http://www.dollywood.com/mmine/progress06.htm

Lookin' good!

Wow... that "thedirector1" is some swell guy huh . And you know what even people still say its the "same" ride!

i guess rotten themed truck rides are going to fit the name of 'Mystery

Mine' because the track scheme is also looking like kinda ancient.....

the track concept is really loopy and twisty. i was not thinking the park

would be going to put lots of loopings on it.

Here is about 10 pages of pics from when the Media was invited the other week.

Mystery Mine Pics

Please note that I did not take these pics and did not post these. Just passing the info along.

Great pics, but we have already seen them. ^^

They do show how great this ride looks though, it's a shame I won't be able to ride it for a long time yet.

Great themeing especially, why can't they do something like this at Thorpe.

I don't understand why so many people underestimated this ride, unless they haven't been to Dollywood lately. I've found their rides to be well-thought out and fairly well-themed. I don't even have to mention how fun they are. I'm STILL excited about this ride, as I have been since day one.

-james dillaman

^Yeah, somehow the Hershend's are just now coming into the limelight, and they're coming out in force. Just back in 2000, not too many a person really knew much of SDC or DW as they only had a couple of coasters a piece. Now suddenly, with WildFire, Powderkeg, Thunderhead, and Mystery Mine, the Hershends have somehow rocketed to enormous heights in quality and sheer size so suddenly that many are just now starting to notice. Yup, the next decade of the amusement industry might just see the Hershends begin to dominate. They do have a seriously impressive formula of incredible thrill rides mixed in with unparalleled atmosphere and total experience.

Dont know if its been told yet but theres a new video about the construction on MMs website

www.dollywood.com/mmine/MMine-Construct.html

I also change my mind about how the ride looks to being phenomenal

I was curious to see if this was a new video, and I happened to notice that the link for the Gerstlauer interview that you are talking about goes to the old clip from back in November or December.... I wonder what happened? It's a good thing you posted the correct link so people can see it if they haven't already.

**EDIT** - Well I just figured out what's wrong. You have to click on the picture to see the new video. If you click on -"Designing a Ride"

Franz Maier, Gerstlauer- then it takes you to the old video. Oh well.

I don't understand why so many people underestimated this ride, unless they haven't been to Dollywood lately. I've found their rides to be well-thought out and fairly well-themed. I don't even have to mention how fun they are. I'm STILL excited about this ride, as I have been since day one.

-james dillaman

For me it's not so much that I underestimated the ride more than it is exceeding my expectations thus far. I always expected to see a great ride to be built it's just that the look of this ride and the "rumors" about this ride have more than over-impressed me at this point.

I've thought from the get go that this ride should be getting the most new ride hype for the upcoming year but Maverick is just stealing the spotlight thus far. But that's to be expected when Cedar Point builds a new coaster.