TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

"New and unique elements throughout the park enhance the summer fun for guests with new decor elements like the all-new Kite Sky, unexpected splash and play elements, colorful kids play activities in The Village, a bubble foam party in Wilderness Pass, and an unparalleled and interactive art installation that invites guests to spin on life-size tops in Wildwood Grove."

I saw a picture on their FB page, but can't find it now - looks like its been pulled down. So - BITCHY - I saw it... didn't post it yet and now it's gone. I was asking if anyone else saw it and had thoughts about it. This site is pretty much pointless now - no one actually has any productive discussion, just unnecessary comments that the poster "thinks" are funny. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, megan said:

Rarely. 

It's been slow lately.

Wait till the next ride starts construction.

FWIW I recall seeing the image too but can't find it either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Repeatedly complaining that you are not being entertained in the manner that you desire, on a free website no less, is sure to get people to engage with you constructively.   I'm sure it will work if you keep at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Let's go fly a kite*, up to the highest height, let's go fly a kite and send - it - soaring."  😋

c/o The Sherman Brothers. 🎶

*Or an umbrella, I forget who's using what for where, lately. Hugs to ya, Bert.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 5/26/2022 at 4:11 PM, bert425 said:

someone wake me up when something other than dumb shit about kites - that I don't care about - gets posted.

Someone wake me up when this site is meaningful and relevant again, oh-and free of passive aggressive a/holes who have to be self entitled and rude. This place is pointless and stupid. 

New parking setup at Dollywood is seriously a head scratcher.  Arrive early and it's not a problem.  Hope it doesn't rain because you'll get very wet walking to the tram station.  Seems strange they moved it so far out.  

Otherwise, park was dead today.  Longest wait was maybe 15 minutes on Firechaser. LR was a 10 min wait most of the day and was running good.  

Drop Line is still closed but now has seatbelts installed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tndank said:

Drop Line is still closed but now has seatbelts installed.

:(

disappointing.

Absolutely no good reason to add them or for it to still be closed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://fox17.com/news/local/dollywood-named-1-theme-park-in-us-by-tripadvosor?fbclid=IwAR1S3Hn6ctlmBuSzAKo5n3EbUbs8ALjGReTVIdy3dYClVhd4MMtDy2UcV3w

Congrats to Dollywood.

I find the rest of the list for USA a bit odd, but can see it. . .tho the worldwide list is a bit . . . questionable.

no TokyoDisneySea?   or other big parks that I've always heard raves about?

but Dollywood even ranked on the International list.

• Like 1

Do we actually take those list serious?  All it is, is parks getting on their socials and telling people to vote for them.  There is no requirements or any prerequisite.  Just click the button daily on my favorite park.  It's good fodder to post on the parks respective social pages but at the end of the day, it's a popularity contest lol.

• Like 1

^ I tend not to take them seriously, but it kinda is a feather in their cap. . . especially since Tripadvisor awards aren't based on voting/popularity, but rather the % of good reviews on the site (at least that's how I read the info in the article).

as we all know, angry people are way more likely to post something negative. . so kinda cool to see them recognized for something positive :)

• Like 3

Ohhhh. Ok I get it.  SO it's not like the typical vote for your fave park type deal.  Fair enough.  Now Dollywood needs to start moving some ground and make this new coaster happen!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jarmor said:

Ohhhh. Ok I get it.  SO it's not like the typical vote for your fave park type deal.  Fair enough.  Now Dollywood needs to start moving some ground and make this new coaster happen!

They have started laying rebar and digging foundations in the new area.  Its had pretty good activity for a month or so now.

Hello everyone! I was curious how you guys liked the new entrance design? I haven't been to Dollywood in years and hope to go soon. I was curious how it was working out.  I just had a trip to Florida and got to visit the four Disney parks and the two Universal  parks.  Loved them!  I so wish Dollywood could come up with some big iconic structure/ride like Disney's castles or the Epcot Spaceship Earth.  That would just be icing on the cake. Going to Disney has just made me want to get back to Dollywood as it has been 10 years.  I love a great entrance experience and the feel of where the park is another world away from everyday life.  Magic Kingdom does that great.  Dollywood has done it more so than six flags parks. I was curious about the new entrance aspect for this year.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

New entrance? Trams are a bit further away and people complain about the parking everyday.

And they continue to remove history and cut down trees on their way to building a much, much bigger park.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:55 PM, TEDodd said:

:(

disappointing.

Absolutely no good reason to add them or for it to still be closed.

No good reason? Really.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/25/us/icon-park-orlando-teenager-death/index.html

I can almost guarantee every single one of these towers will now have seatbelts for insurance purposes.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 11:00 AM, pianojohn said:

Someone modified the ride allowing it to register closed when it was up too high.

So no good reason to closs others or add a unnecessary seatbelts, especially not regular towers that don't tilt the seats forward.

The restraints work perfectly if not modified.

Nearly all S&S and Intamin towers have had secondary seatbelts for 20+ years. It's nothing new and will not affect the ride experience a single bit, and likewise won't really affect operations either since it clips to the outside. It's a no-brainer move in my opinion.

• Like 4

On 6/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, tndank said:

New entrance? Trams are a bit further away and people complain about the parking everyday.

Honestly this is only a reason to take the bus from Pigeon Forge.  It's fifty cents and drops you directly in front of the ticket gates.

• Like 3