TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/jolly-rancher-remix/

this flat ride would be awesome in the entry plaza of a new spinning coaster someplace -maybe even theme the coaster and flat ride to gears or something like at a clock factory that causes time to travel backwards (hmm where has THAT been done before) but maybe actually do something cool with the ring and affects in tunnels where the launches are. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, swfan1988 said:

I think this is cool as aside from force ghost Dolly, I thought the museum was a little jumbled and hard to follow. I have high hopes!

Had an odd “entrance experience” as well. Just sort of walk down a concrete block hallway and up some steps. I feel like it was because it was reusing an old restaurant space and they had to figure out a way to “route” traffic. Would be cool if it even started with something like  “Heart Song” and return that theatre to more of a performance show, or I’ve always felt make a permanent “Imagination Library” show either live like they do in the summer, or Dolly taped in the slow season. Maybe “holoDolly” reads stories to the kids as the “library come to life” with hidden screens or projection mapping to bring the characters she is reading about to life. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, megan said:

Had an odd “entrance experience” as well. Just sort of walk down a concrete block hallway and up some steps. I feel like it was because it was reusing an old restaurant space and they had to figure out a way to “route” traffic. Would be cool if it even started with something like  “Heart Song” and return that theatre to more of a performance show, or I’ve always felt make a permanent “Imagination Library” show either live like they do in the summer, or Dolly taped in the slow season. Maybe “holoDolly” reads stories to the kids as the “library come to life” with hidden screens or projection mapping to bring the characters she is reading about to life. 

Not sure what your post is about. The Dolly museum, if that is what you are referring to, used to be a ride, not a restaurant.

1 hour ago, u4icmusic said:

Not sure what your post is about. The Dolly museum, if that is what you are referring to, used to be a ride, not a restaurant.

No. It was a restaurant. The “my people” show is in the old action theatre ride building. The museum originally opened as a restaurant that they envisioned being open year round even when the park was closed. The first iteration was  Silver Screen cafe themed to different movies. The entire area was supposed to be a tribute to the movies (hence the original name “Dollywood blvd”. The restaurant only lasted one year and was returned to DJPlatters in 1997. And yes. Sorry. I was referring to the entrance of the museum. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, megan said:

No. It was a restaurant. The “my people” show is in the old action theatre ride building. The museum originally opened as a restaurant that they envisioned being open year round even when the park was closed. The first iteration was  Silver Screen cafe themed to different movies. The entire area was supposed to be a tribute to the movies (hence the original name “Dollywood blvd”. The restaurant only lasted one year and was returned to DJPlatters in 1997. And yes. Sorry. I was referring to the entrance of the museum. 

You are right. The Thunder Road/White Lightnin’ was a moving seat ride and is now the Dreamsong Theater.

New Dollywood Updates.

There are some new changes at Dollywood. First, the existing 5 parking booths have been moved further into the parking area to accommodate more vehicles. Dollywood has also added 2 more parking booths, for a total of 7 booths and 14 hosts that will be collecting payment for parking to speed up the process. Second, the old trolley station has been removed and is being relocated closer to the parking lot. There are also plans in the works (over the next 10 years) for two additional parking lots, as attendance grows. Next, Dollywood has removed the security gates before you enter the park and has contracted with Evolve Express to automate the security screening. You will no longer need to empty your pockets, bags, or strollers. The Christmas Cottage Store has been completely removed to open up the area for a wider pedestrian walking and viewing area. There is a new tasting restaurant being opened called, Southern Pantry which will have tastings and specialty foods. Dollywood's Emporium has been completely redone with all new flooring and will feature self-checkouts, and a large butterfly sculpture hanging from the ceiling. Victoria's Pizza in The Village (across from the train depot) was completely gutted and reimagined into a larger and better restaurant, which will have a large deck overlooking the Country Fair area and the new name of the pizza restaurant will be Iron Horse Pizza.

The first photo shows the two new parking booths. The second photo shows the area opened up with the removal of the Christmas Cottage store. The third photo is inside the Emporium, while the 4th photo shows the new eatery called Southern Pantry. The final photo shows the new tram station being built closer to the parking lot.

New-2-More-Parking-Booths.jpg

New-Christmas-Cottage-Removed.jpg

NEW-Emporium.jpg

New-Southern-Pantry.jpg

NEW-TRAM-STATION.jpg

Timesaver Unlimited went up to $80 this year. The price increases and Dollywood are getting out of hand, especially when you factor in how poor customer service has been over the last two years with so may shops, restaurants and ride closures. I think they new some new management at Dollywood and some managers that care about the guest experience.

5 hours ago, u4icmusic said:

Timesaver Unlimited went up to $80 this year. The price increases and Dollywood are getting out of hand, especially when you factor in how poor customer service has been over the last two years with so may shops, restaurants and ride closures. I think they new some new management at Dollywood and some managers that care about the guest experience.

Are people still forking over the money?  The increases will continue until they stop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, u4icmusic said:

If you haven't noticed, pretty much everything under the sun is more expensive right now.

• Sad 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:06 AM, coasterbill said:

$80 for Timesaver Unlimited is still a great price. Their skip-the-line pass has always been under-priced.

It seems like even on summer weekends and Holidays, the highest it gets is $85.

It's not a good price if you go every two weeks like I do. Last year I paid $55. That is a big increase for season pass holders.

It's not a good price if you go every two weeks like I do. Last year I paid $55. That is a big increase for season pass holders.

I'm a pass holder and have never bought one. 
I just looked and with Gold pass it's $55 (or $75 for unlimited).
Looks like the 8 use TS no longer has limited use on any rides so more useful now.

Maybe they'll add a season option like SF does.

While looking at the Timesaver info I noticed this on the LR page
https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Rides/LightningRod

Notice: This attraction closes at 9 p.m. in preparation for Dollywood's Sweet Summer Nights now - July 31. Please make your way to Wildwood Grove to enjoy this new multi-sensory experience! Dance Parties start at 8:45 and 9:15 p.m. with the 3D Drone & Fireworks Show starting at 9:40 p.m.

Did they relocate the fireworks? Not sure why LR would close as I don't see that on any other ride.

Sounds like you should be complaining to them about not offering an all-season Timesaver option then.  Or maybe not to try to do everything on every bi-weekly visit?  Just a suggestion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Or maybe not to try to do everything on every bi-weekly visit?  Just a suggestion.

Seriously.  If I'm a passholder and I see a line longer than 20 minutes I say screw it and get it the next time.  I've never bought a front of line pass at the park I have a season pass to.  It's a waste of money.

• Like 1

I haven't been down there in a few years. I remember the TSUs being in the neighborhood of $40 and thinking it was ridiculously cheap compared to, well, pretty much every other park's unlimited line-skipping passes. This price increase is definitely more in line with its actual value, and I can't fault them for that.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, KBrylczyk said:

Seriously.  If I'm a passholder and I see a line longer than 20 minutes I say screw it and get it the next time.  I've never bought a front of line pass at the park I have a season pass to.  It's a waste of money.

Not on busy days when all the lines are long.