TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

6 hours ago, u4icmusic said:

I like this graphic from screamscape the best. The yellow highlights show the track better.

Coaster.jpg

Would something like Maverick be out of the question, with a launch-lift and a straight-launch?  I'm just looking at those two straight sections in the middle and that's what comes to mind.

6 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Would something like Maverick be out of the question, with a launch-lift and a straight-launch?  I'm just looking at those two straight sections in the middle and that's what comes to mind.

Pretty sure Dollywood said this was going to be a family-oriented attraction as opposed to a straight thrill coaster. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hilltopper39 said:

I mean a ride like Cheetah Hunt is pretty family friendly with it's 40 In height requirement, and consistently has the longest line at that park. I wouldn't mind something like that, a little more aggressive than Firechaser but still "family friendly". 

yeah an addition like that would be perfect apart from it's similarity to firechaser in terms of look and launches. However, I do think a family-friendly version of time traveler is likely.

• Like 2

motorbike style vehicles make sense considering the meandering layout. I really enjoy Wavebreaker down at Seaworld San Antonio, so that would be great with me. Would love it if HFEC is finally working with Intamin too. The rockwork indicated in the plans is what really has me excited, and for some reason fly-bys are always more thrilling in the motorbike style seats. 

If it's a cheetah hunt style coaster that's great too - another super popular ride. 

I had seen on here that it could be a MACK launch coaster. I can confirm it is not MACK. It is, however a coaster manufacturer that Dollywood has worked with, and is VERY happy with. Take that as you will.

Also demolition work is ongoing to slidewinder. The main building and most of the ride have been demolished over the past couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, SSL said:

I had seen on here that it could be a MACK launch coaster. I can confirm it is not MACK. It is, however a coaster manufacturer that Dollywood has worked with, and is VERY happy with. Take that as you will.

Also demolition work is ongoing to slidewinder. The main building and most of the ride have been demolished over the past couple of weeks.

5 hours ago, southpuddle said:

So it’s an RMC

Well its certainly not Arrow lol and I highly doubt they would place another GCI coaster right next to Thunderhead so that leaves Gerstlauer and B&M. The survey a while back did talk about a B&M Hyper but thats kinda jarring to call something like that a "Family Attraction".

43 minutes ago, sdcfan88 said:

Well its certainly not Arrow lol and I highly doubt they would place another GCI coaster right next to Thunderhead so that leaves Gerstlauer and B&M. The survey a while back did talk about a B&M Hyper but thats kinda jarring to call something like that a "Family Attraction".

You're missing one of the builders they've worked with.. 2 of em actually.

1 hour ago, jarmor said:

I am recalling hearing that it was said somewhere their next major attraction would be from a company they hadn't worked with yet so I could see this being an intamin.

"Major" some would ask if a family coaster is a major attraction.... I mean it's a rather large one, judging by the layout, but I'm not sure this is the "major" they meant or not.

1 hour ago, SSL said:

I think its safe to say RMC is an obvious no. Yeah there's Zamperla (which I don't really count) and Vekoma, but I wouldn't think they would get another one of the latter immediately after Dragonflier which would also go with my logic about why its not GCI with Thunderhead being right next door.

12 hours ago, SSL said:

"Major" some would ask if a family coaster is a major attraction.... I mean it's a rather large one, judging by the layout, but I'm not sure this is the "major" they meant or not.

This is major rather you'd like to consider a "family" coaster major or not.  Hagrids is considered a family coaster, Everest is considered a family coaster. . . don't let the word "family" confuse you or diminish these attractions that still cost millions.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SSL said:

Wondering if it's one of the newer launched Vekoma Bikes or something like Formula with a couple launches and smaller/less intense inversions or 2?  Perhaps a package deal was made with them when they bought the Family Invert from Vekoma for WG.

WOW! I loved all of your details. I never would have figured out that turnaround point.  It looks like there will still be part of the new clearing available too after this addition.  I haven't got to visit in years but this is so exciting. I'm hoping for another Gerstlauer.  Mystery Mine and Fire Chaser Express have been very reliable haven't they?  Sometimes it is great to stick with good thing!

• Like 1