TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

On 4/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, tndank said:

Masks only required when indoors now. Temp checks now gone, too.

that's not totally correct.

As of April 12, 2021, we have adjusted our COVID-19 safety requirements to the following:

Per the CDC’s guidelines on safe outdoor activities, our outdoor areas, where six feet of distance can be maintained between parties, are now mask-optional spaces. Guest masking is required at all ticketing areas, park entry, on rides and trams, in queues, all indoor areas and areas where guests cannot socially distance outdoors.

Guests and employees are still required to participate in a self-assessment health screening prior to entry, but temperature checks are no longer part of the process.

Areas of the property where masks are required will be clearly marked and strictly enforced.

Employees will continue to wear masks at all times while on the property.

11 minutes ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

Anyone know if Lightning Rod is on Timesaver this year??? The website isn’t showing that it is. But we all know how “accurate” park websites can be. 🤣🤔

Yep.  Includes LR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tndank said:

Yep.  Includes LR.

Thanks! I was assuming it was just an over look after the 💩 show LR was last seasons but you never know now days lol

Hopefully it's running just fine on our visit later this year... Here's hoping 🍻

6 hours ago, tndank said:

Yep.  Includes LR.

Aw yeahhhhh. 

Also looking at the LR wait times I'm seeing that 1, it seems to be generally running most of the day? 2, the wait times look way down from a bit ago. 
Im guessing its still running 2 trains? Im thinking by May, with spring break well over, lines should be no issue
: D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Aw yeahhhhh. 

Also looking at the LR wait times I'm seeing that 1, it seems to be generally running most of the day? 2, the wait times look way down from a bit ago. 
Im guessing its still running 2 trains? Im thinking by May, with spring break well over, lines should be no issue
: D

My issue is... if it's more than a 15 minute wait... I can't handle it... 😬

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DoinItForTheFame said:

My issue is... if it's more than a 15 minute wait... I can't handle it... 😬

Ah well...to each their own! I'm not that bad lol 

Awesome @ dankeykang! That's great to hear. This is what I figured/others have said in the past. Figured it was just spring break/pent up demand crowds and 1 train ops....but seems all is returning to the norm. I grow ever more excited to go! 

8 hours ago, dankeykang said:

Yeah it was running two trains today, and by noon it was a walk on for the remainder of the day. Timesaver definitely not needed if you visit during the week. 

Also noteworthy - the Lightning Rod ride ops today were seriously the best I’ve ever experienced for making sure riders weren’t getting stapled. Hopefully it’s the same crew all year.

Well tell them to slow down and chill out before they break it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ok I just secured tickets, reservations, etc for Mon May 17, taking an extended weekend trip for the boy's 18th birthday. We are going to go to SFOG on Saturday and then take the scenic drive through Smoky Mt park to Gatlinburg and hit DW on Monday. IF the stars align and we don't get lost looking for preferred parking in the DW lot,  it may workout to make LR his 250th coaster, which would be a nice birthday present. Let's hope 3rd time is a charm for him in his attempts to get on it. 

• Like 3

Talk of improved 2 train ops and LR running are making me contemplate a visit during the week next week or the week after, especially with cheap hotel rates during the week!

Looks like even if I'm just going to go for 2 days the season pass would be the best deal to cover parking, admission, and they're offering 2 meals for their spring festival for food and flowers. Is that the way to go vs a 2 day ticket for $100 + $40 in parking? 

16 minutes ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Talk of improved 2 train ops and LR running are making me contemplate a visit during the week next week or the week after, especially with cheap hotel rates during the week!

Looks like even if I'm just going to go for 2 days the season pass would be the best deal to cover parking, admission, and they're offering 2 meals for their spring festival for food and flowers. Is that the way to go vs a 2 day ticket for $100 + $40 in parking? 

If you're only going to go for the 2 days in 2021, then the cheapest method would be a 2-day ticket ($99) and two trolley tickets ($3 each).  The trolley is very convenient, runs every 15 minutes and is cheap.  It 's about a  5-7 minute ride and drops you off right by the entrance to the park, which is also handy.  

https://www.pigeonforge.com/trolley/

I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but it was a piece of cake.    If you still would prefer to park in the lot, then you'd looking at a total of $139 for the 2-day + parking.  That's still less than going the route of the pass.  

For some reason I'm not seeing Gold Passes (the pass that covers parking) listed for sale right now?  I'm not sure why that is.

2 hours ago, jackinbox said:

If you're only going to go for the 2 days in 2021, then the cheapest method would be a 2-day ticket ($99) and two trolley tickets ($3 each).  The trolley is very convenient, runs every 15 minutes and is cheap.  It 's about a  5-7 minute ride and drops you off right by the entrance to the park, which is also handy.  

https://www.pigeonforge.com/trolley/

I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but it was a piece of cake.    If you still would prefer to park in the lot, then you'd looking at a total of $139 for the 2-day + parking.  That's still less than going the route of the pass.  

For some reason I'm not seeing Gold Passes (the pass that covers parking) listed for sale right now?  I'm not sure why that is.

Oh that's awesome, thanks for sharing! Yeah the trolley sounds good to me, less driving the better.

• Like 1

Some notes from today's visit:

It's nice facemasks are nearly gone.  Only time I wore one was when on a ride, restrooms and walking through the gift shop.  

Dollywood's food festival seems rather small, food wise.  It's fairly uninspired, portions are small, and prices aren't great.  We tried a few that were good, but nothing I'd get again any time soon. And the lines are long.  And the average age of folks working the stands is up there so speed and/or urgency is not something you'll see. 

Blazing Fury is running very well now.  Drops at the ends were really smooth tonight.

First time on Lightning Rod since opening day.  Great ride but it's def a 2.0 version.  The quad down just isn't the same.  Still tons of fun, but not exactly the same beast it was.  

New drop on Mystery Mine gives a tiny pop of air.  Didn't hate it but the rest of the ride is still as rough as ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tndank said:

It's nice facemasks are nearly gone. 

So is COVID gone from Tennessee now? I have had both shots yet I will continue to wear my mask to protect others. I know we are all "over it" but until we reach herd immunity through vaccines or antibodies, people are still dying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, pianojohn said:

So is COVID gone from Tennessee now? I have had both shots yet I will continue to wear my mask to protect others. I know we are all "over it" but until we reach herd immunity through vaccines or antibodies, people are still dying. 

there's no point, John

just ignore, and we'll keep doing what we need to do to protect others (even if we don't know them personally).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I disagree, I think there still very much is a point to rebutting idiocy. It's not to convince the idiot, we all know that'll never happen. You're really talking to a third party who is reading and not speaking, who knows the science and needs encouragement to keep going.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Wow, you completely misunderstood. This isn't at all about park rules, it's about what YOU said. You're boasting about not wearing a mask, and speaking positively about a low mask usage rate in this park. You are thereby tacitly encouraging others to do the same, when we have a 27.5% vaccination rate nationally, and in a state ranked #43 in vaccines administered,[1] and in which only 23.6% of the state's adults have been vaccinated.[2]

And sure, we can stay away from the park, but viruses don't stay in a park, and the people who don't wear masks in a park also don't wear them in riskier locations. When the virus is transmitted and then mutates in its new host, and that mutation shows up in my local grocery store, and I get sick despite wearing a mask and despite having a vaccine, that's very often because people like YOU said on the Internet how nice it is to see people refusing to do even the bare minimum effort possible to protect their neighbours against the worst infectious disease we've seen since HIV.

Do you understand now why we might object to your glowing review of this park's guests not wearing masks? No, you don't care, or you'd never have written what you did before, but like I said earlier, I'm writing this for others. Keep on masking until we get to herd immunity! 

[1]https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-covid-19-vaccines-administered.html

[2]https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/covid-19-vaccine-information.html

• Like 5

image.png.cbe3ee4ef8c38d665f48db6d9b7706da.png

image.thumb.png.6031d2c111b6ffd9a17cf2cc3b68134e.png

Seems pretty consistent to me...

Totally agree that Mystery Mine is just a rough ride that's saved by the theming.  Easy one and done for me.  

The biggest difference I noticed on Lightning Rod was the speed hill after the quad down, feels much smoother after the retrack (not that it was bad at all before, just definitely feels like I-Box now).  Still an incredible ride though, and although it's early days, it does seem to be operating more reliably this year.

Parks have been open 10+ months, some with and some without masks rules. No indication of any spread at any of them. 

I did not boast about anything. I followed their rules and commented on it like folks have done for 10+ months now. 

• Like 2