TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Yes! So glad it'll be open (and running consistently!) for when I finally go. 
I am not holding any hope they will restore the launch to its original speed, (they removed some of the LIMs right?) but still will be eagerly awaiting to hear how it's riding in its new steel form! Still torn if I wanna make this part of a big ol may road trip or go solo in April, $ will likely determine. 

On 2/28/2021 at 5:27 PM, teacherkim said:

We MIGHT be in the area May 16th -18th. If you like to hike then definitely stay in Gatlinburg, still a short drive into Pigeon Forge and near several trailheads for hiking.

Thanks! I do love hiking and I hear the mountains are just superb in that area. 

Oof....I hope! I already feel bad (and comments always drive this home lol) I've not gotten to experience the original form and after the launch changes the first half was noticeable slower (still great, and the second half supposedly felt unchanged) so I hope the speed is unchanged. Would hate for the ride to be neutered....but yeah I heard similar speculation now that it'll be smoother it should help the speed throughout. 

Also let's not forget, with all this talk of LR and Mystery Mine work, isn't RMC also retracking Blazing Fury?
Now THIS is a the cred I am really interested in! The baddest RMC on the block now, cant wait XD 

54 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Also let's not forget, with all this talk of LR and Mystery Mine work, isn't RMC also retracking Blazing Fury?
Now THIS is a the cred I am really interested in! The baddest RMC on the block now, cant wait XD 

They could technically be RMC'ing an RMC here as well.  They did work on the final drops a few years back.  I'm going to guess they are doing the bridge section this time.

They have been testing LR a good bit.  It'll be ready unless something crazy happens.

• Like 1

This is ONLY bc the original track is very similar to IBOX. RMC did the drop area several years ago, before LR.

This will be nothing special

3 hours ago, dstephe9 said:

This is ONLY bc the original track is very similar to IBOX. RMC did the drop area several years ago, before LR.

This will be nothing special

Oh thanks for clarifying... I see my totally serious statement about Blazing Fury being an RMC now is actually incorrect....

• Haha 2

On 2/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, JJLehto said:

Also never been to the area. If there are any recs/tips for stuff to do in Knoxville, Gatlinburg, or hiking I am all ears. I know the Smoky Mnt Park is not far. 

I think there are whitewater rafting tours nearby. I can't remember where we did ours.

Just a head's up. If you don't have a gold season pass, Dollywood has increased their parking fees to $20, up from $15 last year. Preferred parking is $30 with a $10 discount with a gold season pass. Getting closer to Disney parking prices.

Dollywood just posted these photos of Mystery Mine.

43FAA038-3B70-4E30-B0CF-B497FDE61AB6.thumb.jpeg.7b2cb30e39671ff04e96e27a45b41e8c.jpeg8682C787-F088-4831-9FDF-1E815DC72E3B.thumb.jpeg.5e98a8c33d8b650a524f2a37cc5f1ea0.jpeg

I’m honestly shocked. They’ve removed my favorite part of the ride (insane drop off the trestle). This would be like Great Adventure removing El Toro’s Rolling Thunder hill or Cedar Point removing Maverick’s Stengel dive.

Hopefully the change comes with a retrofit of lap bars to the trains...but that’s not sounding likely.

• Like 1