TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I’m not here to discuss the intricacies of what type of bluegrass / country / backwoods whatever-the-f*ck music is what... most people know what I mean.

Well you're in a chipper mood this morning....

Country sure. Sort of what you might expect at a park named after/owned by one of the biggest country music stars of the 60, 70, and 80s.

If I went to Van Halen's park I'd expect a lot of heavy rock. And if I went to some rapper's park I wouldn't expect much country or rock...

https://www.dollywood.com/Tickets/Season-Passes
Note that season pass pricing is nearly the same compared to 2020's. $134 plus tax for one park, $184 plus tax for both, add $85 for the gold upgrade with free parking and discounts.
Reminds me, I got a letter offering to extend my 2020 passes for all of 2021 (instead of June 15) for only $80. And they'll throw in the 2021 drink cup for free.

Does this exist? Because I wanna go!

#cardiwood
DW is the only artist connected park I known of.

Not that I'm opposed to others, #MetallicaWorld

(Yes I'm a metal fan who also likes country and bluegrass. And I play in jazz and swing bands)

3 hours ago, tndank said:

Also, Knox area residents can get $30 off. 

How do Knox county residents get the $30 off? I was supposed to get a postcard from in the mail from Dollywood on Saturday, but it didn't get delivered. I get emails daily with photos of the mail I'll receive that day from the USPS Informed Delivery program, which is free.

4 hours ago, A.J. said:

https://www.dollywood.com/Tickets/Season-Passes

Note that season pass pricing is nearly the same compared to 2020's. $134 plus tax for one park, $184 plus tax for both, add $85 for the gold upgrade with free parking and discounts.

The pricing is really disappointing and Dollywood originally told us that we would be getting a "deal" to extend out current passes. This isn't a deal at all except for an extra bring-a-friend pass.

21 minutes ago, u4icmusic said:

How do Knox county residents get the $30 off? I was supposed to get a postcard from in the mail from Dollywood on Saturday, but it didn't get delivered. I get emails daily with photos of the mail I'll receive that day from the USPS Informed Delivery program, which is free.

https://www.dollywood.com/deals/special-offers/knoxville-season-pass

3 hours ago, coneyislandchris said:

Only if Travis Scott can bring Astroworld back to Houston.

we saw several of his T-shirts on Sat at Fiesta Tex. . . and noticed he's using the SLC "Serial Thriller" as the imagery.

so NO THANKS.

but, back on topic, I really do want to make it to Dollywood in 2021.

11 minutes ago, u4icmusic said:

The pricing is really disappointing and Dollywood originally told us that we would be getting a "deal" to extend out current passes. This isn't a deal at all except for an extra bring-a-friend pass.

Maybe you missed it.

I got a letter last week saying $80 to extend through 2021 (vs just mid June).
Included a refillable mug ($1 refills) plus 2020 Christmas BAF and 3 BAF tix good for full 2021 season (subject to blackouts) instead of each only being valid for certain days.

I think $80 renewal is an OK deal.

That said, 2 of my passes are unused in 2020 (other one was used last fall), so I might just get them refunded and get 2021 passes. Either way would be good for all of 2021.

18 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

Maybe you missed it.

I got a letter last week saying $80 to extend through 2021 (vs just mid June).
Included a refillable mug ($1 refills) plus 2020 Christmas BAF and 3 BAF tix good for full 2021 season (subject to blackouts) instead of each only being valid for certain days.

I think $80 renewal is an OK deal.

That said, 2 of my passes are unused in 2020 (other one was used last fall), so I might just get them refunded and get 2021 passes. Either way would be good for all of 2021.

This showed up in my USPS Informed Delivery for last Saturday, but it never got delivered to my mailbox.

dollywood-letter.jpg

This showed up in my USPS Informed Delivery for last Saturday, but it never got delivered to my mailbox.
Mine was a letter. Delivered Friday here in Alabama.
Important parts:
Oct 19-Nov 8 (today-Nov 8 )
Dollywood.com/21Renew
6cbe049306e626c65754c87c55dc08b6.jpg

15 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

Mine was a letter. Delivered Friday here in Alabama.
Important pasts:
Oct 19-Nov 8 (today-Nov 😎
Dollywood.com/21Renew
6cbe049306e626c65754c87c55dc08b6.jpg

I tried to renew just now and it says, "This season pass in not valid for renewal or has been refunded.
Neither of those are true. I just used it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are having website issues. Did anyone else have success renewing? Thanks.

Similar topic, but out of sheer curiosity looked into Dollywood one day ticket and season pass prices since 2005 via Wayback Machine, inclusive of tax. I think they're a pretty affordable park overall.

2005: $43.50/$72

2008: $50.20/$83

2012: $60.60/$96.50

2016: $73/$122.35

2020: $88.70/$150.4

Price increases seem to be relatively consistent from 2005-2021. 2005-2012, prices went up 40% on tickets and 35% on season passes. Over a similar period from 2012-2021, we have increased 45% on tickets and 55% on season passes. Considerable investments have been made in the last 8 or so years compared to the earlier period, so this makes up for the slightly more substantial increases as of late.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, u4icmusic said:

I tried to renew just now and it says, "This season pass in not valid for renewal or has been refunded.
Neither of those are true. I just used it a couple of weeks ago. Maybe they are having website issues. Did anyone else have success renewing? Thanks.

I didn't actually try yet, but I did have trouble logging I earlier.
I figure they are being hit hard this afternoon.

23 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

I didn't actually try yet, but I did have trouble logging I earlier.
I figure they are being hit hard this afternoon.

I keep getting this warning and nobody is answering the phones at Dollywood either. Even if I uncheck the box that says "Don't renew this pass," it automatically rechecks itself.

PASSES.JPG

25 minutes ago, u4icmusic said:

I keep getting this warning and nobody is answering the phones at Dollywood either. 

Hmm. Just logged in and went to the renewal page.
I don't see that on any of the 3 on my account.
I guess you'll have to contact them about the discrepancy.

That said, it is not showing the correct pricing for my gold pass, or they are really stiffing people with Gold passes. It's showing $164 which is $79 + the $85 upgrade for Gold. So $55 discount top renew the basic pass, but no discount keeping it Gold? That's pretty lame on their part.

11 minutes ago, TEDodd said:

Hmm. Just logged in and went to the renewal page.
I don't see that on any of the 3 on my account.
I guess you'll have to contact them about the discrepancy.

That said, it is not showing the correct pricing for my gold pass, or they are really stiffing people with Gold passes. It's showing $164 which is $79 + the $85 upgrade for Gold. So $55 discount top renew the basic pass, but no discount keeping it Gold? That's pretty lame on their part.

Did you actually try to renew? Mine comes up with the correct price, but won't let me pay for it. $164 includes the renewal discount.  Like I said in an earlier post, not much of a discount for only 6 more months extension.

PASSES.JPG