TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

could you imagine if we get a dark ride and a roller coaster in phase 2? perhaps an indoor? oh man, im so excited for media day lol

Yeah, well, contain your excitement, because whatever they were planning has probably been pushed back another year at the least.

^Yes, it's best to scale back any expectations for 2021 and then be pleasantly surprised they continue with their plans instead of being disappointed if you have to wait till 2022 or 2023 now. Losing a month or 2 of the season may seem like not a lot but remember things will not instantly be back to normal and parks will still take significant revenue hits with limited capacity and attendance for the time being, maybe for the next 12 months or more.

^Yes, it's best to scale back any expectations for 2021 and then be pleasantly surprised they continue with their plans instead of being disappointed if you have to wait till 2022 or 2023 now. Losing a month or 2 of the season may seem like not a lot but remember things will not instantly be back to normal and parks will still take significant revenue hits with limited capacity and attendance for the time being, maybe for the next 12 months or more.

I totally agree! I am not expecting any big announcement for the new hotel or any additions until late next summer at the earliest. If something is announced earlier than that I would say that would be totally impressive!

My daughter is graduating and obviously with everything going on there is a lot of graduation activities she does not get to participate in. I was wondering if anybody knew of any Dollywood 2020 graduation merchandise that’s available or will be available when the park reopens. Thanks.

Last night as I was perusing around the Dollywood website, I noticed that the Summer Celebration Festival has been removed from their festival lineup for the rest of the year. However, the new Food & Flower Festival remains and now says coming this Summer, rather than coming in May as before. Perhaps they are merging them together or maybe they are forgoing the Fireworks this year in attempt to promote social distancing?

I am not certain how social distancing can be achieved in any theme park. Yes they can mark the ride queues where guests should stand and monitor guest flow in and out of the ride buildings, but how can social distancing be genuinely maintained on the midways and other common areas of the park?

I'm hoping the park makes an announcement very soon before the end of the month for their reopening plans, and plans in general for the rest of the year. Season Passholders are supposedly going to be informed first (email blast maybe?) and then the general public.

I'm really looking forward to getting back there soon (please!)

Last night as I was perusing around the Dollywood website, I noticed that the Summer Celebration Festival has been removed from their festival lineup for the rest of the year. However, the new Food & Flower Festival remains and now says coming this Summer, rather than coming in May as before. Perhaps they are merging them together or maybe they are forgoing the Fireworks this year in attempt to promote social distancing?

I am not certain how social distancing can be achieved in any theme park. Yes they can mark the ride queues where guests should stand and monitor guest flow in and out of the ride buildings, but how can social distancing be genuinely maintained on the midways and other common areas of the park?

I'm hoping the park makes an announcement very soon before the end of the month for their reopening plans, and plans in general for the rest of the year. Season Passholders are supposedly going to be informed first (email blast maybe?) and then the general public.

I'm really looking forward to getting back there soon (please!)

By reducing the park capacity, using keep right markings at bottlenecks and closing narrower paths (or converting them so they're one way). It seems easier to do in a theme park than it does in towns.

It's difficult, there will be certain situations I guess where it isn't possible, but this is what we've been seeing elsewhere.

My opinion, although very controversial, when it comes to amusement parks, you are going at your own risk knowing you will possibly catch Covid-19.

I'll be going when they open. I'll be wearing a facemask if they require. If not, I probably won't except for congested areas to protect people, that probably shouldn't be there. I DOOOOO wear them all the time to essential places like Walmart and will continue. Why? I know at risk people will be there because they need to be.

Will at risk people be at Dollywood? Or any other amusement park? Yes! But why?

Same for shopping malls and anywhere else people gather. I work for a company that has many locations in malls.. we are providing our associate's mask but aren't requiring they wear them. 75% of our guest are ok with that. 20% don't care. 5% complain and every complaint starts with "I'm at risk"... Why are you at the mall then?

I understand that we need to protect each other, that's why I do it at essential places BUT I strongly feel these guidelines parks are putting into place bring a false sense of security and safety. I feel it's marketing to make at risk feel safer.. Unless someone is following every guest, spraying down everything they touch... It's not really much safer at all.

I do feel parks should limit capacity, provide extra hand washing stations, both will be the safest way to prevent anything.. all other steps and measures, I don't believe are necessary and that we should protect ourselves.

I went to Gatlinburg yesterday and only 25% or less of people had facemask. Coming to the area is a huge risk for those willing to take it, but come knowing it's a risk.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

My opinion, although very controversial, when it comes to amusement parks, you are going at your own risk knowing you will possibly catch Covid-19.

I'll be going when they open. I'll be wearing a facemask if they require. If not, I probably won't except for congested areas to protect people, that probably shouldn't be there. I DOOOOO wear them all the time to essential places like Walmart and will continue. Why? I know at risk people will be there because they need to be.

Same for shopping malls and anywhere else people gather. I work for a company that has many locations in malls.. we are providing our associate's mask but aren't requiring they wear them. 75% of our guest are ok with that. 20% don't care. 5% complain and every complaint starts with "I'm at risk"... Why are you at the mall then?

I understand that we need to protect each other, that's why I do it at essential places BUT I strongly feel these guidelines parks are putting into place bring a false sense of security and safety. I feel it's marketing to make at risk feel safer.. Unless someone is following every guest, spraying down everything they touch... It's not really much safer at all.

I do feel parks should limit capacity, provide extra hand washing stations, both will be the safest way to prevent anything.. all other steps and measures, I don't believe are necessary and that we should protect ourselves.

I went to Gatlinburg yesterday and only 25% or less of people had facemask. Coming to the area is a huge risk for those willing to take it, but come knowing it's a risk.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

I think the term "Safety (or Security) Theater", is what you're referring to.

Where do I go to get my TPR medical degree?

For $20 via paypal I'm sure I can make you a certificate or something..

For an extra $10 I'll throw in a Masters of Amusement Anniversary Planning add on certificate.

I'll be going when they open. I'll be wearing a facemask if they require. If not, I probably won't except for congested areas to protect people, that probably shouldn't be there. I DOOOOO wear them all the time to essential places like Walmart and will continue.

You sound like someone who would argue with security for being asked to put your cigarette out because you are only 2' outside of a marked smoking area.

Because they work there? Have you ever looked at the average age of Dollywood employees? Without the elderly I have no idea if the park will have enough employees to operate. At the very least it would lose a significant percentage of its regular employees.

One quick comment about the rest of your post, your skin acts as a barrier, even someone with the disease as long as they wash their hands regularly will not spread the disease through touch alone. You also cannot get the disease by just touching an infected object, you have to transfer the virus to a part of your body which can be infected, but that is as simple as rubbing your eyes. The part of the the response which is complete theater and unneeded is not what you think or want it to be. Its the constant cleaning, especially outdoors its completely pointless, and unneeded. Outdoors during the summer due to heat, and sunlight the virus is inactive within minutes of leaving the hosts body. Indoors cleaning is needed but just going behind individuals and cleaning what they touch is also useless. The primary source of the virus is your mouth and nose, which is why a mask is important, at least when you are around other people. Also since a mask does a better job protecting others and not the wearer why its important for everyone to wear them.

Well,

Folks are not too happy about the policies. Not surprising given the part of the country and clientele. Looks to be an extension of Season Passes through 6/15/21. I do think it would be a nice gesture to extend further, but understand it is a business.

They are offering a bring a buddy valid anytime throughout the summer. I wonder, though, when I renewed, I received two bring a buddy tickets. Wonder if I just get the one now or if this bonus one is in addition to those two? It don't much matter to me because we wouldn't likely use them all. Just curious.

Well,

Folks are not too happy about the policies. Not surprising given the part of the country and clientele.

Oof, that Facebook comments section makes my stomach crawl.

EDIT: In fact, I think maybe I'm going to commit to my October trip now to support them.

Well,

Folks are not too happy about the policies. Not surprising given the part of the country and clientele.

Oof, that Facebook comments section makes my stomach crawl.

I've deleted the Facebook app from my phone for the month, so I'm missing out on the good times over there, I'm sure.

I'm actually really surprised to see the hardline stance they're taking under their FAQ's heading of "What if I have medical reasons to not wear a mask?":

DollywoodMasks.thumb.jpg.d21c2435469e595ba0c0dd26a36276c8.jpg

I think it's funny that the Dollywood FAQ page goes out of their way to state that Disney, Six Flags and Universal are doing this too. They knew the response that they would get from these idiotic people and they really tried their best to soften the blow.

We'll go and we'll happily wear masks.

We'll go and we'll happily wear masks.

And I'll go once they aren't required.

I know what a mask is like in summer heat & humidity (thanks Paris Island). And I've worn dust masks when working outside for a few minutes (sanding body filler).

No thank you.

Thanks! Capacity is severely limited and it's tough to get reservations given the capacity reductions. The website is crashing because of all the traffic. I sincerely appreciate all of the people who are volunteering not to go to give the rest of us the opportunity. We really do appreciate you.

Edited by coasterbill