TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I have seen several postings on line that Dollywood (and other parks) are considering limiting the number of guest due to the virus. I was wondering what the minimum number of guest that makes opening the park feasible.

Lots of rumors floating around at various parks on how to limit guest. nothing confirmed anywhere

A few I've seen (none of these have been heard about Dollywood, just rumors from other parks I've read about. I'll try and list the parks, but some of these will also work for Dollywood

1.) Hotel Guest Only (Disney)

2.) Locals only (Multiple Parks)

3.) 50% capacity (Dollywood hardly ever reaches capacity, they stop allowing folks when parking is full but if you can get a ride, they still let you in. 30,000ish is when this happens so 15,000 a good guess of capacity at 50%?)

4.) Season pass holders only (Multiple Parks, including Disney have rumored this)

5.) No limit at all but require facemask and temp screening.

6.) Virtual lines

Again, just rumors I've heard around the web

Most of the area where Dollywood is located is limiting capacity to 50% so I'd say it's safe Dollywood will do the same but good news, Dollywood doesn't reach capacity often, unless it's a very pretty weekend. My guess will be 15,000 people

What will hurt Dollywood is no virtual line system what so ever anymore.. at least with the old qbot systems, the technology was there for virtual lines, although, I'm not sure how much hardware parks could get

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

This is due to their work camper program. I'm curious if they put this program on hold this year and focus more on their college outreach and church outreach programs for staff

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

With other places limited to half capacity I could see DW having higher numbers.

Look at what happened with GSMNP. They had a flood of guests that normally would have been somewhere else.

While I’m obviously taking this with a pretty substantial grain of salt, it does feel great to know that this whole problem might start to solved in about a month. I, like most of you, can hardly wait for this to be over and to enjoy my hobby again! Wishing all parks best of luck, and I’m for sure supporting all my local parks as soon as I can leave the house!

Hi, hoping someone can help!

We live in the UK, a few months ago we purchased Dollywood park tickets and fast-track passes for a planned visit in June which can no longer happen. We purchased them by phone and they were sent to us by mail. We cannot reach anyone at Dollywood to get these refunded, unfortunately we can't use the park tickets at any other time this year and the fast track passes are tied to a particular day. We are hoping to be able to visit in June 2021 instead so would be happy with credit instead of a refund, or being allowed to use our current tickets next year.

There is no Contact Us form on the website for theme park ticket holders. We have tried calling 1-800-DOLLYWOOD but this is not toll free from the UK, in fact it is very expensive (£1+ per minute). We gave up after 10 mins waiting.

Can anyone advise on how we could contact them, either by email, online form or a different non 1800 number?

Thanks

Hi, hoping someone can help!

We live in the UK, a few months ago we purchased Dollywood park tickets and fast-track passes for a planned visit in June which can no longer happen. We purchased them by phone and they were sent to us by mail. We cannot reach anyone at Dollywood to get these refunded, unfortunately we can't use the park tickets at any other time this year and the fast track passes are tied to a particular day. We are hoping to be able to visit in June 2021 instead so would be happy with credit instead of a refund, or being allowed to use our current tickets next year.

There is no Contact Us form on the website for theme park ticket holders. We have tried calling 1-800-DOLLYWOOD but this is not toll free from the UK, in fact it is very expensive (£1+ per minute). We gave up after 10 mins waiting.

Can anyone advise on how we could contact them, either by email, online form or a different non 1800 number?

Thanks

Here is the "contact us" link with the form, but I am certain a response will be extremely delayed as the majority of their staff is currently furloughed.

https://www.dollywood.com/Contact-Us

Does the June 1 extension date for the Passes indicated the possible opening date?
It just acknowledges the Governor's latest order pushing opening until June at the earliest (Order expires May 29).

https://www.wate.com/news/coronavirus-in-tennessee-gov-bill-lee-issues-executive-order-no-30-repealing-most-previous-orders/

Edited by TEDodd

In the past I've had good results using Facebook Messenger.

But as mentioned expect slow responses right now, especially with the announcement (which will have lots of questioners).

Gov Lee has announced today that amusement parks can start opening May 22. Dollywood said they are working on a plan and expect to announce more soon.

May be just a couple/few weeks out now.