TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I too was thankful Dollywood was open Thanksgiving night. Weather was beautiful and the crowds were not too bad. Definitely put me in the Christmas Spirit. In my opinion Dollywood went above and beyond with the lights this year, especially Glacier Ridge... very well done!

On a side note... coming down the quad down on Lightning Rod at night with the park all lit for Chistmas... magical!!

On a side note... coming down the quad down on Lightning Rod at night with the park all lit for Chistmas... magical!!
You aren't kidding! There is such a feeling of being totally out of control that element gives you at night and the lights just add to it. I don't know that I've ever been on a coaster and thought dear lord we are going too fast we may go off the rails but that quad honestly makes you think that!

You aren't kidding! There is such a feeling of being totally out of control that element gives you at night and the lights just add to it. I don't know that I've ever been on a coaster and thought dear lord we are going too fast we may go off the rails but that quad honestly makes you think that!

I bet it is im going to try it this weekend

I was on Gatekeeper, Valravn and Banshee in the beginning of the year and absolutely HATED the vests on all 3 of those coasters.

I did Dollywood on Nov 2nd and LOVED the vests on Wild Eagle, they weren't tight on me. I've never ridden it before so I can't say if they're changed or not, but there definitely was a major difference.

I was on Gatekeeper, Valravn and Banshee in the beginning of the year and absolutely HATED the vests on all 3 of those coasters.

I did Dollywood on Nov 2nd and LOVED the vests on Wild Eagle, they weren't tight on me. I've never ridden it before so I can't say if they're changed or not, but there definitely was a major difference.

Im going to check that out this weekend and what shuld I do friday night im going to dollywood staurday

ok 2021 perdictions

Not really a 2021 prediction.. but I do think their next major coaster will be a B&M Hyper. And it'll anchor the phase 2 expansion of Wildwood Grove I think with how poor Lightning Rod was in terms of up time in it's first season and all the delays it experienced they will play it safe with an attraction from a company with a well established quality record.

ok 2021 perdictions

Not really a 2021 prediction.. but I do think their next major coaster will be a B&M Hyper. And it'll anchor the phase 2 expansion of Wildwood Grove I think with how poor Lightning Rod was in terms of up time in it's first season and all the delays it experienced they will play it safe with an attraction from a company with a well established quality record.

ok with a bear theme I would thnik

^I really don't want to come off harsh or anything. But if you look at the last couple pages of this forum or any forum on this site, you'll see that folks talk in full sentences and make an effort at punctuation, spelling, and good dialogue. Saying things like:

ok im going up friday and im staying in gatlenburg what shuld I do on the way up for lunch when I get there and friday night

need stuff to do also shuld I ride mystry mine

Corrected: Hey everyone! I plan on staying in Gatlinburg on Friday. I will be coming from ________ and was looking for suggestions on places to stop for lunch along the way, as well as things to do in the area that night. Also, how do people feel about Mystery Mine? Worth riding?

ok 2021 perdictions

I could fix this, but I am sure there has been dialogue already around 2021 predictions. You could just add to the discussion (even if that is not what is currently being talked about).

Corrected: I personally think a B&M Hyper in Wildwood Grove would fit well with a bear theme. Also, I am sure you could add more to this point. And if all you have to say is that... maybe it is not worth posting at all.

Not capitalizing beginning of your sentences

Not capitalizing Friday

Not capitalizing Mystery Mine

No punctuation

Accidental enter after "friday night"

Misspelled Words:

I'm as im x2

Gatlinburg as Gatlenburg

Mystery as Mystry

should as shuld

predictions as perdictions

think as thnik

Maybe I am off base here. Someone let me know if that is the case. I realize no one is perfect. I often find typos in what I post here and other places. But I make a conscious effort.

^It's being reported that they were just changed in the last few weeks. Have you been recently?

I visited Dollywood for my first time ever on Nov 21st. I rode Wild Eagle multiple times during the day and at night too. There was no tightening or suffocation from the restraints. I had a great time there enjoying walk-on rides on all of the coasters, and the Christmas lights at night topped off an already great day. Additionally, Lightning Rod rides at night are wild, and that quadruple-down near the end is intense!

^I really don't want to come off harsh or anything. But if you look at the last couple pages of this forum or any forum on this site, you'll see that folks talk in full sentences and make an effort at punctuation, spelling, and good dialogue. Saying things like:

ok im going up friday and im staying in gatlenburg what shuld I do on the way up for lunch when I get there and friday night

Corrected: Hey everyone! I plan on staying in Gatlinburg on Friday. I will be coming from ________ and was looking for suggestions on places to stop for lunch along the way, as well as things to do in the area that night. Also, how do people feel about Mystery Mine? Worth riding?

ok 2021 perdictions

I could fix this, but I am sure there has been dialogue already around 2021 predictions. You could just add to the discussion (even if that is not what is currently being talked about).

Corrected: I personally think a B&M Hyper in Wildwood Grove would fit well with a bear theme. Also, I am sure you could add more to this point. And if all you have to say is that... maybe it is not worth posting at all.

Not capitalizing Friday

No punctuation

Misspelled Words:

I'm as im x2

Gatlinburg as Gatlenburg

Mystery as Mystry

should as shuld

think as thnik

Maybe I am off base here. Someone let me know if that is the case. I realize no one is perfect. I often find typos in what I post here and other places. But I make a conscious effort.

WOW!

Maybe I am off base here. Someone let me know if that is the case.

Not at all. Its in the terms of service.

9. Spelling and Grammar - bad spelling and grammar will NOT be tolerated! Theme Park Review's forum includes a spell checker and there is a great one available with Google's Toolbar. If we have to edit too many of your posts, you may be suspended from the forum. Text Message shorthand or "l77t" speak is not allowed. A typo here and there is acceptable, but illegible posts are not.

ok 2021 perdictions

Not capitalizing Friday

No punctuation

Misspelled Words:

I'm as im x2

Gatlinburg as Gatlenburg

Mystery as Mystry

should as shuld

think as thnik

I am so sorry I will spell check every thing first