TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Odd question, but how well does cinnamon bread taste a few days later? My family is wondering if I could bring a loaf home.

Keeps a few days and great warmed a bit.

Maybe longer if repackaged. The last time I kept some 3-4 days it dried out and got hard. But we had eaten some of it so maybe we didn't reseal well. Haven't tried keeping long since.

Thanks! It only needs to make it 2 days.

Considering their entertainment budget and the fact that the park is fully open with all dry rides open and tons of shows from mid March through the first weekend in January that seems like a totally reasonable price.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I just looked it up too, and SDC is going for $114 atm (though we paid $98 adult/$88 kids since we renewed our '19 passes before the end of '18). Seems like a lot of money, and it is a lot of money, but the value is there.

My wife and I have had passes for 3 or 4 years and we’re not planning on renewing for next year. It has been getting harder for us to get off work to go and we usually can only go during the peak times or weekends. The last time we went, we only stayed for maybe an hour and a half because it was just so crowded.

Has anyone been to the ACE event Great Smoky Mountain Coasterfest? Was wondering if it's worth driving 8 hours from DC to visit Dollywood for the first time during that event? Was also thinking of going to the Smoky Alpine Coaster, Goats on the roof coaster, Titanic museum, and Hatfield and McCoy dinner show

Dollywood is magical at Christmas, worth the trip by itself especially if you have younger members of the family. The Smoky Alpine Coaster, and Goats on the roof coaster are great, especially if you can schedule a day and a night ride (usually a reduced cost if done on the same

Day. Never done the Titanic museum, but the Hatfield and McCoy dinner show is a favorite

Just to clarify, Timesaver Unlimited isn't just one ride on Lightning Rod, right? I want to get it for Saturday but the description confuses me because it says you're limited to one ride on Lightning Rod.

Those "one ride per" rides that are listed are only specifically for the version of Timesaver that gives you ten rides in total. The unlimited has always been fully unlimited every single time I've visited.

Just to clarify, Timesaver Unlimited isn't just one ride on Lightning Rod, right? I want to get it for Saturday but the description confuses me because it says you're limited to one ride on Lightning Rod.

As mentioned, the limits are for the regular, 10 use Timesaver not the unlimited version.

Haven't looked at the cards recently, but at first there were 2 special spots. You could use both on LR instead of one on each.

The unlimited version doesn't have any way to track uses.

Edited by TEDodd

There are now 3 "special spots" as Dragonflier is also one of those rides. However, I was told you could use those 3 spots however you wanted. If you want 3 Lightning Rod rides, you can do that. Or 2 Firechaser and 1 Dragonflier. It doesn't matter in what combination you use them.

That being said, I rode LR, FCE and Dragonflier once each and still had 2 of my 3 spots available. No one was stationed in either the FCE or Dragonflier lines, so I had bonus punches!

I hope Dollywood staff visits or has visited Efteling in The Netherlands in regard to dark rides. I was watching a park tour and oh my what good dark rides they have! Symbolica is so cool but cost 35 million dollars! I bet Dolly would love that park as it is themed to fairy tale like scenarios. She said she loved fairy tales growing up!

• 2 weeks later...

Is Dollywood currently doing the "Arrive after 3pm - Next day free" deal? I might be visiting Dollywood sometime during Nov 20-23. I checked the Dollywood website, but I didn't see any mention of that deal so maybe it's not offered at this time of year?

EDIT: I just noticed Dollywood is only open from 2-9 on Nov 20-22 so I doubt the "After 3" deal would be offered. However, Dollywood is open 11-9 on Nov 23 and 24.

Is Dollywood currently doing the "Arrive after 3pm - Next day free" deal? I might be visiting Dollywood sometime during Nov 20-23. I checked the Dollywood website, but I didn't see any mention of that deal so maybe it's not offered at this time of year?

I believe they stopped offering that altogether either this season or the previous season.

Lightning Rod had zero downtime due to mechanical issues 2 weeks ago. The only time it went down in my 2 days was to clean puke. It seems to finally be running consistently this year.
Good to hear! Fingers crossed the trend continues. We went last year at this time and it opened mid afternoon and we got 3 rides including a night ride in the front row that was unbelievable. It was cloudy with no moonlight so once over the hill it was complete darkness and utter chaos ensued